Hacking Can you write an EBOOT to flash0 and run it?

reha

Long Live the Machine
OP
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
I was looking around with through the PSP's flash0 (don't worry, i didn't delete anything) and just wondered if it's possible to run EBOOTs from the flash0 since there's a little bit of free storage in there.
It would be interesting if it's possible, and if you guys have any ideas I can test it since I have a PSP 1000 and I can recover it.

Thanks.

reha

Long Live the Machine
OP
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
not sure if this is possible but having a recovery eboot in flash0 would be pretty nifty if you accidentally fuck something up and delete a crucial system file

Yep! I've coded a simple Lua program that tries to run an EBOOT from "flash0:/RECOVERY/", so for an example you've bricked your PSP and you have access to the Recovery Menu, you can simply put this Lua program to the /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/ and then run the Hellcat's Recovery Flasher from the flash0. This would be useful if you've bricked your PSP & don't have access to any PC. Gonna test it out soon!

reha

Long Live the Machine
OP
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
Don't ever EVER mess with flash0. Never touch that folder, don't even look at it.

I already know that it's dangerous to mess with the flash0, I'm experienced with it but taking a look at it would worth it since it's for homebrew purposes.

reha

Long Live the Machine
OP
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
I'll rewrite it in C soon!

I'm currently writing the program, probably gonna release it as a homebrew when it's done + 100% working!

The program will simply launch an EBOOT.PBP file from "flash0:/rfel/" (you guys will understand what does it stand for soon) I'm gonna release the source code aswell after I'm done with the program.

reha

Long Live the Machine
OP
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
News, I've tried the program out on PPSSPP and it worked so I've decided to test it out on a real PSP. I've free'd up some space on flash0, then I tested it out.

First, I've tried launching Hellcat's Recovery Flasher from flash0, but it didn't work. (Nothing happens when I press X on my program, but it should
Then, I've tried a simple Lua program that displays "Hello World", but it didn't work either.

I'm assuming that the problem is about the program, since both of the apps didn't work, so I'll take a look at it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious