changue region Wii

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm thinking about changing the region of my Wii to PAL, since the games I play are European, only those on my Wii are American, however a bigger reason is because of Swiss, I really liked using Swiss, but I have problems with 576i/p resolution and in addition, the Swiss has a 540p 60hz option, anyway... I would like some advice or if I don't need to do this

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm not very experienced with Swiss, but you can region change using modmii after first ensuring your softmods are up to date by running the main Modmii Wizard or its syscheck updater wizard

Any region changer modmii edition may allow u to change just the video mode without fully region changing, but be very careful manually tinkering with the settings of this app.

You can also adjust the video mode settings with a custom bootmii.ini config file (u can build this with modmii) set to autoboot the system menu or whatever. And if u don't have bootmii boot2 u could configure priiloader to launch bootmii ios, which in turn will autoboot the system menu or whatever with your selected video mode as specified in bootmii.ini. I'd start with this, it's the least work and least risk, if it doesn't work to your requirements then try the other methods

Reactions: Amuro-san

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not very experienced with Swiss, but you can region change using modmii after first ensuring your softmods are up to date by running the main Modmii Wizard or its syscheck updater wizard

Any region changer modmii edition may allow u to change just the video mode without fully region changing, but be very careful manually tinkering with the settings of this app.

You can also adjust the video mode settings with a custom bootmii.ini config file (u can build this with modmii) set to autoboot the system menu or whatever. And if u don't have bootmii boot2 u could configure priiloader to launch bootmii ios, which in turn will autoboot the system menu or whatever with your selected video mode as specified in bootmii.ini. I'd start with this, it's the least work and least risk, if it doesn't work to your requirements then try the other methods
Swiss in 576i

Attachments

• IMG_20240502_124308498.jpg
    IMG_20240502_124308498.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My console is PAL and I play all regions from disk channel using Riivolution (which acts as a free alternative disk channel, that is, patching on the fly using xml files is optional) and also the USB loaders, Nintendont and emulators are all region free.

For me it is the easiest option without touching anything important of the console that could damage it.

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My console is PAL and I play all regions from disk channel using Riivolution (which acts as a free alternative disk channel, that is, patching on the fly using xml files is optional) and also the USB loaders, Nintendont and emulators are all region free.

For me it is the easiest option without touching anything important of the console that could damage it.
In this case, Nintendont is very limited, unable to play certain games in progressive mode, I really liked Swiss

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

then I'll make a list of the games that I really recommend playing in Swiss (from what I tested, and of course, recommendation for PAL games due to the languages) but right now RE Code Veronica X is 100%, the memory card is emulable and the game is in 480p 60Hz, something impossible on Nintendont and Devolution (I wish they updated Nintendont or Devolution, that would be ideal, since Devolution accepts 576p), Another thing I noticed, Swiss has a 540p 60Hz video mode (this is European resolution, I believe that by converting the region, this is resolved), I also noticed that Star Fox adventures the game's native 16:09 video option in Swiss is the entire screen, but in Nintendont it doesn't fill, so you have to use the screen code

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/nx8FS-DRxwk?si=hLUHUv2gUizSMJZO she sings about carrots