Hacking Circle Pad patches for Super Mario 64 DS and other games (in TwilightMenu with TWPatcher and RTCom)

Ninja-Eule

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sadly, I don't. Initially I thought there are only 2 types of gyros (just Old3DS vs New3DS). Evidently that's not the case. And at this point, I doubt that anyone really knows the answer except for Nintendo.
Personally I know nothing about gyros, but the one describe here (InvenSense ITG-1010, I believe) is "correct" and expected by my mod. But don't bother, it's not really worth it
Well, a gyroscope is a part where it doesn't matter which one you choose so it makes sense for Nintendo to go with whatever was cheapest at the time. I doubt they would even record which one they used as you can probably see which one is installed, maybe even in software. The company stopped manufacturing those gyros some time ago, but it's just one game and the C-Stick should be enough anyway.

On a different note: For Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Ni No Kuni I got the message that Twilight Menu couldn't find any cheats. Spirit Tracks worked before I updated the file because of Ni No Kuni and for Ni No Kuni I changed the text that gets shown inside Twilight Menu to English even before I updated. Is there some way to make them show again?
Also is it possible to combine different usrcheat.dat files?
At the moment I don't need any cheats but I like getting all Pokemon from just one version and it would be nice if I didn't have to swap the files all the time,

recs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I was playing through Dragon Quest Monster Joker 1 and thought that the game and its sequel could use a Cpad patch if you are down for it.

There is camera control with L and R, that could translate to the Cstick. ZR to center camera (L+R) and ZL to interact (A) additionally to use all of the New 3DS buttons.

Last edited by recs,

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Is there a way to do dual analog for Fighting Fantasy The Warlock of Firetop Mountain?
I was playing through Dragon Quest Monster Joker 1 and thought that the game and its sequel could use a Cpad patch if you are down for it.
Ok

On a different note: For Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Ni No Kuni I got the message that Twilight Menu couldn't find any cheats. Spirit Tracks worked before I updated the file because of Ni No Kuni and for Ni No Kuni I changed the text that gets shown inside Twilight Menu to English even before I updated. Is there some way to make them show again?
Also is it possible to combine different usrcheat.dat files?
The cheats aren't displayed either because you've changed the contents of the `usrcheat.dat` file or because you've patched the roms and thus modified their checksum (and TwilightMenu can no longer identify them ).
You can combine them manually in R4CCE or use an already merged cheat database. Also I had a web application that allowed you to merge these things, in case it still works.

Both variants of the gyroscope have been in here for a long time:
https://github.com/hax0kartik/rehid/blob/master/source/Gyroscope.cpp
Thanks. I'll check this out. I am not absolutely sure I'll be able to fix the issue since I don't have the devices to properly test those other gyros, but it's still nice info to have.

Ninja-Eule

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The cheats aren't displayed either because you've changed the contents of the `usrcheat.dat` file or because you've patched the roms and thus modified their checksum (and TwilightMenu can no longer identify them ).
You can combine them manually in R4CCE or use an already merged cheat database. Also I had a web application that allowed you to merge these things, in case it still works.
Yeah, all these games were patched. I applied the D-Pad patches for the Zelda games and used the fan translation patch for Ni No Kuni.
How do I change the checksum so TwilightMenu can identify them again without preventing the game from being launched?
Or should I modify the usrcheat.dat with R4 Cheat Code Editor to the new checksums?
Does the merged cheat database also get updated with the current version every time it comes out?

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Is there a way to do dual analog for Fighting Fantasy The Warlock of Firetop Mountain?
There is camera control with L and R, that could translate to the Cstick. ZR to center camera (L+R) and ZL to interact (A) additionally to use all of the New 3DS buttons.
Done. As for the ZR and ZL buttons, for flexibility I prefer to leave their mapping to the users (with the remapper)

How do I change the checksum so TwilightMenu can identify them again without preventing the game from being launched?
Or should I modify the usrcheat.dat with R4 Cheat Code Editor to the new checksums?
You can't modify the checksum of the rom itself because it's just CRC32 of its first 0x200 bytes. You need change it on the rom's cheatcode record in the usercheat.dat file in R4CCE. This program also allows you to open a ROM and it will populate the fields automatically for you (see the screenshot in this message)

Does the merged cheat database also get updated with the current version every time it comes out?
If Vendicatorealato would be so kind?

As for the gyroscope business, @emcintosh and @Ninja-Eule can you test this program? It's just a regular NDS application. I doubt this will work, but just as a last attempt of mine.
Start it, wait for ~10 seconds, and tell me what you see at the bottom screen (specifically, there should be something like "gyro variant" and "gyro device id"). Ideally, if the gyroscope would work, on the top screen there are 3 rectangles (reg, blue, green), and if you rapidly rotate the console around one of the three cardinal axis (X, Y, Z), they will expand up and down. You may also press DPad Up for "calibration", but it probably doesn't matter

Attachments

• TestGyro.zip
    43.4 KB · Views: 3

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As for the gyroscope business, @emcintosh and @Ninja-Eule can you test this program? It's just a regular NDS application. I doubt this will work, but just as a last attempt of mine.
Start it, wait for ~10 seconds, and tell me what you see at the bottom screen (specifically, there should be something like "gyro variant" and "gyro device id"). Ideally, if the gyroscope would work, on the top screen there are 3 rectangles (reg, blue, green), and if you rapidly rotate the console around one of the three cardinal axis (X, Y, Z), they will expand up and down. You may also press DPad Up for "calibration", but it probably doesn't matter

No response on numbers on the bottom screen or the bars on the top. The first time I ran it, one of the numbers was 97 or 79, but on all subsequent executions, both numbers are 00. There is no save file, so I don't know how to return the NDS file to an unplayed state. Calibration doesn't change any of the 0s.

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
No response on numbers on the bottom screen or the bars on the top. The first time I ran it, one of the numbers was 97 or 79, but on all subsequent executions, both numbers are 00. There is no save file, so I don't know how to return the NDS file to an unplayed state. Calibration doesn't change any of the 0s.
Thanks. Then it's truly impossible for me. I can hypothesize that even if that linked code above from "rehid" is correct, there is still the problem that your version of TwlBg may not have the gyroscope listed inside the I2C device table (or it's just in a different position). Similar thing is with the CStick, so I have to re-add it in my mods. Except in this case I don't know what and where to do it.
I guess you could try the rehid module just to see if that code works at all. I haven't used it myself, but I suppose after activating it you just need to start any 3DS games that uses a gyroscope and see if it works at all

X3G

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hey shoco, I tried this gyro application in my regular Old 3DS and the bars change when I move and rotate the console. Could this mean that gyro may be supported in Metroid Prime Hunters for this version of the console?

Attachments

• old3dsresult.jpg
    old3dsresult.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

recs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Done. As for the ZR and ZL buttons, for flexibility I prefer to leave their mapping to the users (with the remapper)

You can't modify the checksum of the rom itself because it's just CRC32 of its first 0x200 bytes. You need change it on the rom's cheatcode record in the usercheat.dat file in R4CCE. This program also allows you to open a ROM and it will populate the fields automatically for you (see the screenshot in this message)

If Vendicatorealato would be so kind?

I tested Joker 2 and works super good. The cstick camera even got sensitivity, nice! Thank you!!

shoco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Could GoldenEye Rogue Agent get the same c-stick love as the other FPS-es? One of the few on the DS with dual wield if I’m not mistaken.
Ok

Hey shoco, I tried this gyro application in my regular Old 3DS and the bars change when I move and rotate the console. Could this mean that gyro may be supported in Metroid Prime Hunters for this version of the console?
I suppose so. According to my data that gyro type should be in O3DSs. You can test it (this is a version of the mod from here)

Attachments

• metroid_old_3ds_gyro.zip
    29.1 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: X3G

X3G

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok

I suppose so. According to my data that gyro type should be in O3DSs. You can test it (this is a version of the mod from here)
I just tested it and it works with the latest Luma/TWiLightMenu. Thank you for making these mods possible, they combined with some widescreen cheats feels like playing remastered versions of NDS games!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro