Dsi xl colors washed out/brighter

eafs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bottom ds looks more washed out. You can see in the top ds the hair is darker and the grass is greener. I tried messing with the pentimeters but all it does is make it more washed out. How could I fix this? The difference is much more noticeable in person.
20240331_175148.jpg
20240331_175145.jpg

Last edited by eafs,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

RetrogamingAddict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Color difference is normal. Not all displays are calibrated the same. I also have several 3ds/2ds that each has a different look and feel, some look warmer others colder, others less colorful ect...
Dsi xl doesn't look very colorful in general or at least the few i have seen, the ds lite has the most saturated colors.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

UK_Ray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It may depend on if you have had them from new or know the history of the console.

One may have had a screen replacement at some point - most brand new screens are not of the same quality as an OEM screen.

Or one may have been used a lot more than the other - the screens wear over time, often they start to 'yellow' round the edges.

You could switch them both on without a game in them and compare the brightness of the white background on the 'Nintendo DSi XL' welcome screen.

eafs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or one may have been used a lot more than the other - the screens wear over time, often they start to 'yellow' round the edges.
I got this DSI on ebay which was supposedly brand new sealed never used. It has some slight yellowing in the edges, can that happen sitting in a box or does it have to be used?

Last edited by eafs,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Color difference is normal. Not all displays are calibrated the same. I also have several 3ds/2ds that each has a different look and feel, some look warmer others colder, others less colorful ect...
Dsi xl doesn't look very colorful in general or at least the few i have seen, the ds lite has the most saturated colors.
That's good to know. I'm going to buy a DSi XL specifically because of the IPS screens and it just seems like one of the best ways to play DS games with a bigger screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Switch 2 Switched at birth
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    I check brew almost daily (alongside tinfoil sorted on release date) for new games (and cry because of the amount of shovelware and hentai getting released), am unaware of the 2u site
    Super Switch
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    HUB
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    And the switch 3 Router
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (every one of those fitting after network-, and all play part in the OSI networking layer model)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Google switch nsp and you will see,it, that site
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Aww how cool that site is Nintendo switch to me :D
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (de-URLing the URL 🤣)
    Switch 2 U
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (or do we call them URIs now?)
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Yes to me, that's what I said as well 🙃😋
    Switch 2 Side Switching
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Swiitch
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Oh lord, I actually can see Nintendo pulling that one, II for 2 and also a homage to the Wii
    Super Crown Bowser edition Switch lol
    Analog stick nipples
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea i have couple other sites I find Switch titles also and just looked, I don't see it out/leaked yet...(paper mario)
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Or even worse; circle pad ball fondlers like on the 3DS
    +1
    I just want a Pokemon Hell Raiser fan game 😭
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again