PCSX2 HD texture pack group

Evil Dead Regeneration HD Texture Pack - Font Question

Spider_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude your misleading.. You come here to this group and claiming all the modders here saying "Personally I don't see the point when users in here and other places are claiming they've made a HD texture pack, when all they've done is taken the default base textures and increased its dimensions and added filters to blur out the pixels.".

LOL you are a very special person aren't you.

I come to this group?

What group exactly, the group here which I created, so no, I haven't come to any group and started misleading anything.

YOU came here to a group I created which originally was to ask others if they knew the font used for this game and stated I am going to actually create a texture pack for it.

I have not mis leaded anyone, I am not making any claims that I am not doing for this game.

It is correct when I stated others you find here and on other sites claiming to be creating texture packs, some claim HD texture packs and I guess it is not my problem that you are too stupid to find these and you have proven your lacking ability to read and understand what is said.

There are loads of so called texture packs where people are simply taking the default base texture and YES all they're doing is scaling the image and applying filters to make it look slightly better.

This IS NOT what you call an HD texture pack and for the record, is also pointless even as a texture pack, as it is essentially doing nothing different that the emulator isn't already doing itself when you are altering the graphic settings.
Your word retexturing I don't see it, Your uploaded image is just a photo from the introductory of game, anyone can do that thing. You haven't proved anything yet.

Here again just proves your stupidity and how blind you must be, my word retexturing, and you dont see how the two intro splash screen images are...... DIFFERENT....... erm, which is what retexturing is all about.

I mean, it's not rocket science, yet here you are trying to argue like a little attention seeking child.

First off, you failed to notice the default size differences between the two images.
You failed to notice that the background image is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT to the ORIGIONAL image.
You failed to notice the text had been re-written
You failed to notice the game's logo had been replaced with one that is higher resolution to the origional game logo
You failed to notice the two logo's at the end of the text had also been replaced with higher resolution logos.

So, by recreating the intro splash screen image using higher resolution images, somehow you cant see how this is what any normal person would see as an HD Retexture Pack.
I rather say Sad Origami defined the word "RETEXTURING". Even sadorigami having a hard time finishing his work. Well good luck to your project.

My issues to you fool! Don't downgrade the work of other modders here. You have done nothing yet. With those words of yours, you just killed the hope of those persons starting making their own pack that what is this group is all about. Even in this group your asking for help.
And here we are again, you seem to find issues with the fact I am the only person working on this, I mean what does it matter really? why do you get all pissy over it?

And to then call me a FOOL! ha ha ha, A person on this site/forum that has contributed absolutely fuck all and I can bet the same applies in life to, achieved absolutely fuck all, contributed absolutely fuck all.

But comes along acting like an attention seeking child, we have a term for folks like you and it suites you perfectly. Acting like a sad little troll with nothing better to do than seek attention.

Again with the FOOL name, at no point am I downgrading the work of other modders here, you seem so hurt by pointing out a fact when using the default base textures and clicking a button or two - also just to put you straight, this also does not make that person a "modder".

As for your rant of me doing nothing yet, proof as usual that you lack the ability to read, especially when I had clearly stated in this post.
And finally, I am not going to upload images in dribs and drabs, I'd rather save the uploading until I feel enough has been completed before sharing it.

And here you are bitching over the fact I am not wasting time uploading images and download packs all the time, when I can focus on the project and decide if or when I give anything to download.

I strongly do not believe I have killed any hopes of other people from making their own packs, and for once in your entire bitching in this topic you are right.

Yes this is what this site/group is for, but please refrain from crying like a little child when someone points out a HD re texture pack is not even close to anything HD when all they're doing is scaling the default texture.

There's no point at all, it will make next to no difference at all, WOW they've ran a little filter when re scaling a poor low resolution texture, that is not HD and never will be and also pointless as a retexture project, you'd think the purpose of being able to "replace" textures is to do exactly that..... REPLACE them.

And finally you got the point of my original post, is it wrong to ask if anyone can recognise a font thats used, so I can ACTUALLY RECREATE, so the part where you ranted as usual like an utter FOOL, about my font not being true to its source..... like everything else you have crapped out in here, just serves no purpose at all.

But I guess when dealing with idiots, no matter what anyone will say, an idiot will still be an idiot and will never come to their senses and will still bitch like a precious attention seeking troll.

Just for you, I will add a few textures that I have re created, weather or not you see the difference is none of my concern.

I will continue to state that I will ONLY provide downloads when I feel enough has been done to be worth uploading.

I may end up posting when its near completion because at the end of the day, people will want to play the game without having to only be able to play so far then wait for an update to be given, and I don't want to be bothered with people posting, asking for or when the next update will be.

I'd rather avoid adding extra work that isn't required.

But here are some examples just for you.....

DEFAULT ASH BASE TEXTURE
Ash Before.jpg

MY HD ASH TEXUTRE
Ash After.jpg

DEFAULT DEADITE BASE TEXTURE
Deadite Before.jpg

MY HD DEADITE TEXTURE
Deadite After.jpg

DEFAULT DEADITE ASH BASE TEXTURE
Deadite Ash Before.jpg

MY HD DEADITE ASH TEXTURE
Deadite Ash After.jpg

DEFAULT CHAINSAW BASE TEXTURE
Chainsaw Before.jpg

MY HD CHAINSAW TEXTURE
Chainsaw After.jpg

DEFAULT DEADITE 2 BASE TEXTURE
Deadite 2 Before.jpg

MY HD DEADITE 2 TEXTURE
Deadite 2 After.jpg

So unlike others that are just taking a default base texture and then scaling it x number of times and applying a filter to smoothen out its pixels, which the emulator is already doing when increasing its internal resolution.

Using these so called Retexture or those claiming HD texture packs, they're not, yet your here on some sort of mission to claim otherwise, that these so called "Retexture/HD texture packs" are visually different/improved/hd, while been an idiot claiming that you can't see anything different in the image(s) I added (which are completely different and not even the same image as the default base texture LMFAO!!

And FYI in regards to how much of my FREE time I allocate to working on this TRUE HD RETEXTURE PACK is completely up to me.

Regards adding Status Updates, Download Packs and Screenshots (which I've only added these to try get you to shut the fuck up and crawl back under your bridge like a good little troll) I will do so as stated above.

When I feel that I have done enough of the game to make it worth while, I am not going to be uploading multiple packs bragging that a few textures have been rescaled, while there's majority of the level/game still displaying its default base textures.

Or be highly likely I add a download link when the project is completed.

And please will you stop bitching and getting all pissy over the fact I am the only person creating this, to be fair, I cant even understand why you have an issue to begin with, it's not like it has anything to do with you anyways.

Reactions: C0meg3ts0me

Moataz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Dude your misleading.. You come here to this group and claiming all the modders here saying "Personally I don't see the point when users in here and other places are claiming they've made a HD texture pack, when all they've done is taken the default base textures and increased its dimensions and added filters to blur out the pixels.". Your word retexturing I don't see it, Your uploaded image is just a photo from the introductory of game, anyone can do that thing. You haven't proved anything yet. I rather say Sad Origami defined the word "RETEXTURING". Even sadorigami having a hard time finishing his work. Well good luck to your project.

My issues to you fool! Don't downgrade the work of other modders here. You have done nothing yet. With those words of yours, you just killed the hope of those persons starting making their own pack that what is this group is all about. Even in this group your asking for help.
Mind your own man

SadOrigami

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
All right, I'm going to jump in because it's fun, and to thank @Distilled_Spirit for the recognition. I mean, whenever someone says something nice about me it makes me very happy, specially someone like Distilled who said mean things to me in the past. As for @Spider_Man, I can't tell if you're being serious or if this is a joke.... I recognize that the scene with the logos looks great, and both the change of logo positioning and the 'regenerated' look fine, kudos to you. But then...

I do agree 100% with you Spidey in that 'applying a filter' (in this case everyone here uses Esrgan to upscale images via AI) does not make an image HD. The correct title for those packs would be, for example: Resident Evil Upscaled Textures. But the texture upscaling is something that the emulator cannot do, even after you set the internal resolution to 5K, the most you can do to textures is apply some bilinear filter which smoothes the textures, so that statement is incorrect in the case of PCSX2 (DuckStation can). But then, after all you stated, here you are posting what appears to be upscaled images via Esrgan instead of texture remakes. Are you some kind of troll or something?

This is not only clearly upscaled, but also presents a lot of artifacts and chromatic aberration, which is something you don't want in a texture, unless it's your intention for artistic purposes. Look at the right, the eye, teeth and tongue, what happened there? And at the botton left, is that a fetus in a womb?
Spidey Fetus.png

This took me less than an hour. I don't have the game, thus I cannot test the texture, but any detail can always be corrected in less than 5 minutes, even the fetus :yay:
Sad Fetus.png

Some folks here wake up one day and choose to be hostile, but don't mind them. Let me tell you that finding the fonts of old games is a difficult task, as some are custom made while others can be Arial Narrow but pixelated for artistic choice. Don't interpret my words as hostility, I'm just curious. Also, even though I totally get that upscale doesn't necessarily mean HD, I still really love and appreciate all the hard work everyone is putting in here. I'll always support this community because when I first started, my work wasn't nearly as good as what the average folk upload here, and if it weren't for people being nice to me, I would have moved onto another thing. Take a look:

pcsx2-qt 2023-05-28 16-14-40.png

So don't be mean to each other lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: