How did you choose your username and why?

Cranesbill

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Colombia
Cranesbill, specifically, started when I was scrolling through a list of plants in the PVZ wiki and discovered the plant, Cranesbill Fencer. The name stuck with me for a while and later realized it matched what I wanted of a username. (One worded, simple, sounded unique and it was a plant, so I wanted to use it out of spite of someone I didn't like from a different platform, Crypto) In addition, I like the flowers from the images I saw, all vibrant and variety of colors. So yeah, Cranesbill here 🤝

Last edited by Cranesbill,

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cranesbill, specifically, started when I was scrolling through a list of plants in the PVZ wiki and discovered the plant, Cranesbill Fencer. The name stuck with me for a while and later realized it matched what I wanted of a username. (One worded, simple, sounded unique
True, it is all of those things. It’s quite fun to say :D

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Feels like I've told this story a billion times by now, so let's go with a short one:

I loved the game Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. I thought it RULED (and since it was the present, and I was a young boi, it RULEZ (at least I think it had a Z)). But it would be a bit long, so I shortened it to LsSsCRULEZ.

I was an IRC user, spent time in plenty of channels and servers, and there were a few different rules on each and every one. These rules transformed my username to first shorten it: LsSsC
Then make it all lowercase: lsssc (it is still an L at the start)

Then, one day in the GBAtemp IRC-channel, there was someone kind enough to help me out, because he noticed I had misspelled my name. "Dude, I think you misspelled Issac".
This was pretty funny, because it was an L not an I but he didn't see the difference on his IRC-client, and he ALSO misspelled Isaac.

And that's how my username was born. Someone on IRC thought my name was Isaac (or that I was a Golden Sun fan, referencing Isaac), and misspelled it when "correcting" me :D

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is...well, I drink too much...
Post automatically merged:

Worry not my good friends here, just a drinking bit from my past. And I AM making friends here, and I've another friend here from a different galaxy than this place from way back in like 2001. A merger from the two sites "MSXBox" and "Team XBox". A galaxy of fun and friendship that was destroyed by IGN.

My (then) username was derived from 2 words. A long time ago I branded myself in a ROADHOUSE FORUM that was an absolute BLAST to be a part of. It was modded well and fairly, but just as goofy as 4Chan (but no illegal content, modded quickly. For those of you NOT familiar with 4Chan, stay FAR, FAR AWAY FROM IT. Curiosity killed the cat, OK? No 4Chan for you!!!

So, on this nut-house-of-a-forum, my name was "InvisiTuck". First half "Invisi" as in, invisible, can't see me then like you cannot not see me now (and just DROP the subject of my TOILET CAMS in your local "Ruby Tuesday", "Bennigan's", and of course "ShenaniganZ", where the male waitstaff was in a constant game of hide n' seek). The last half of that handle was from "Tuck", an abbreviation of one of my 3 born names. Hence, InvisiTuck.

So, about 12 months into the deep recessive bowels that was TXB (ok, roughly when XBLive rolled out for the original XBox in November of 2002, I was getting hammered with a couple o' guys, going back and forth via posts in the forum and PM's. I was really hammered, and yet that I'd miraculously not let myself vomit all over my keyboard, I knew it was it was time to shut it down for the evening.

Next morning, when I woke up around 4pm, I was strangely NOT hung-over, however I was... DIZZY. Not a bad score, just a little out of balance. So I grabbed my Cap'n Crunch Cereal and uh-oh, when out of nowhere, a terrific friend arrived who also had an XBOX. He had a gift for me.

THE XBOX LIVE INTRODUCTORY PACK, COMPLETE WITH HEADSET AND A FULL COPY OF MECHASSAULT!!! This was MINDBLOWING, and I could not wrap my head around it.

Here's the question to all of you. What do you do with a gift like this? Put is this way. I have NEVER thought of an online-name or handle for XBox Live. I wasn't even PLANNING ON OWNING XBOX LIVE!!! So you gotta come up with a handle that...

1) Has not been taken...
2) Will get PERMABANNED BY you-know-who,
and
3) Something unique and totally original, that only I can call my own?

So while he was there, I asked him if he could smell alcohol on my breath. He answered "faintly" but nothing that would get me in trouble with anyone else, like people in an elevator.

So I said to myself, HMMM, InvisiTuck (which I did NOT want to use for a live gaming service. Nothing wrong with it, I just wanted to come up with something better.

"Let's see, I'm not hungover (or inebriated at all), but just a bit dizzy..."

Dizzy Vizzy (Dizzy" from my half-assed drunken stupor, and Vizzy from InvisiTuck. All I needed now was a definitive article
). The word "THE" fit perfectly.

And that was how I created my handle on XBox LIVE and picked the same for this awesome forumj with all you great people.
And that was that. The Dizzy Vizzy is here to stay.
Banana-Golf.gif

(Sorry for the long-winded BS, but that's what this thread is about.)

Cranes, worry ye not...
cowboy.gif

oh snap.jpg

Attachments

• smashed.gif
    smashed.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Banana-Golf.gif
    Banana-Golf.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 3
  • banger.gif
    banger.gif
    439 bytes · Views: 3
Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

Hedoking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I was six, I ate an entire bag of chicken nuggets straight from the freezer. My family called me Nug or Nuggy after that lol.
Nuggo sounded pretty good so I used that when I made a google account in 2009

I only use Hedoking when I want to feel edgy.

Last edited by Hedoking,

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nocto = from the latin word "Nox" which means night
Sphere = the spherical object
Noctosphere = moon
Yes, I'm from the moon
Very cool name!
Post automatically merged:

When I was six, I ate an entire bag of chicken nuggets straight from the freezer. My family called me Nug or Nuggy after that lol.
LOL, a name well earned!!!

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

MysticStarlight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being completely honest, I had no idea what name to choose when I was creating my account, so I kinda looked around my room and saw the TV that i'm using as a PC screen. The TV brand is ''Mẏstic'' so I chose that. I was also playing Sky: Children of the Light, and thought about my favorite area in the game which is called ''Starlight Desert'', so I combined both words and ended with 'MysticStarlight'' as an username. Now I feel like it is too long, heh.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My name. I'm not actually the third Aden in my family. I came up with "TheThird" while trying to think of a username for a Pirates of the Caribbean MMO. I was probably ten or eleven. I've never come up with anything more clever since, and I always thought AdenTheThird had a nice ring to it, so that's what I stuck with.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As a kid I used to be absolutely obsessed with Greek and Egyptian mythology and watched a lot of movies/played a lot of games with mythological/fantasy content. Now one of the cooler creatures was the Minotaur and where could you find those? Well, the obvious answer is Knossos, Crete where King Minos with the help of Daedalus had imprisoned it.

In general I just absolutely adore that whole mythological story arc, but as I wanted a somehow unique name I decided to make a smaller modification to King Minos name. It's just a change from an s to an x, but now it was mine :)

Minotaur_H3_intro.jpg

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As a kid I used to be absolutely obsessed with Greek and Egyptian mythology and watched a lot of movies/played a lot of games with mythological/fantasy content. Now one of the cooler creatures was the Minotaur and where could you find those? Well, the obvious answer is Knossos, Crete where King Minos with the help of Daedalus had imprisoned it.

In general I just absolutely adore that whole mythological story arc, but as I wanted a somehow unique name I decided to make a smaller modification to it to make it mine. It's just a change from an s to an x, but now it was mine :)

View attachment 439695
Hey Minox, long time no see

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine was a nickname that came about when a girlfriend and I visited Amsterdam about thirty years ago... 'Duwen' is the Dutch word for 'Push', and was therefor written on doors. Whenever either of us pulled on a door that should've been pushed, the other would sarcastically say "duwen". It kind of stuck as her pet name for me, and I've used it at various online destinations since... it's definitely outlived the relationship that spawned it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious