Netflix star tips himself to play James Bond after Daniel Craig’s 007 exit

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never understood the Daniel Craig Bond's anyway. Was it a reboot? Does it take place before the other films? If so, how can they blow him up with missiles? Each new adventure was meant to be stapled to the last, so the Craig Bonds confound me. I'm sure the next movie will say that there have been several James Bond's.

I was never super invested in James Bond anyway, so I'd be interested to hear what the real Bond fanatics have to say.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never understood the Daniel Craig Bond's anyway. Was it a reboot? Does it take place before the other films? If so, how can they blow him up with missiles? Each new adventure was meant to be stapled to the last, so the Craig Bonds confound me. I'm sure the next movie will say that there have been several James Bond's.

I was never super invested in James Bond anyway, so I'd be interested to hear what the real Bond fanatics have to say.
It was a complete reboot. Basically restarted from scratch.

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a complete reboot. Basically restarted from scratch.
Thanks for the clarification. I suppose the Bond movies through the Pierce Brosnan era are part of a single story/timeline. The Daniel Craig universe is the one where he goes on only a handful of missions before he's exploded into Bond Bits(tm). With that, there's no reason to adhere to previous movies, so there's plenty of creative freedom.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the clarification. I suppose the Bond movies through the Pierce Brosnan era are part of a single story/timeline. The Daniel Craig universe is the one where he goes on only a handful of missions before he's exploded into Bond Bits(tm). With that, there's no reason to adhere to previous movies, so there's plenty of creative freedom.
Actually, if memory serves me well, almost all previous Bond films from Connery to Brosnan are part of a single floating timeline, which most of the time just relates to themselves loosely. The most related ones are the Connery-Lazenby which reference a lot of the previous movies, while all the others are technically the same Bond with some references to earlier films.

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, if memory serves me well, almost all previous Bond films from Connery to Brosnan are part of a single floating timeline, which most of the time just relates to themselves loosely. The most related ones are the Connery-Lazenby which reference a lot of the previous movies, while all the others are technically the same Bond with some references to earlier films.
Yeah, that sounds about right. I can understand the creative decision to restart after so many films. The writers must have wanted to focus more on character points, like the origin story in Skyfall. The earlier Bond's were more action-focused, so overarching plot was unnecessary. Even the one vital detail, that Bond's a British spy, is always re-established with a visit to M and Q. That must have made the franchise so accessible for action fans.

With that in mind, the Craig Bond series required the viewer to have seen the previous movies to get the full picture.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, weren't you asking about 120hz TVs...