Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Grab it HERE (direct link)

It's off screen unfortunately, but still looks pretty cool
smile.gif
We see Snake and the others in action and get a glimpse of another returning character. This will be a must buy if the developers actually use the wiimote, otherwise I'll be disappointed.

narius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya looks great, damn i love super smash
tongue.gif
if only it were a launch game... sigh... so far we have 10 characters, hmmm...

and ya about the controls, i really hope that they dont make it to where you have to use the wiimote to move around; only to dodge, (jump etc not including attacking!) Honestly if it were out at launch and I had to choose one game, Zelda may have a fit
wink.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I can certainly see how the developers would have scratched their heads a bit about making good controls for it with the wiimote and nunchuck. But I have faith that motion for some things would work superbly, as you said dodging is an example.

Hell, Zelda could have had crap controls on the Wii, but it doesn't. If the developers don't put time into making good wii controls then they should just make it a gamecube game in my opinion.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They announced that this game would use a standard controller and not the Wii-mote. Have they changed that to a maybe?

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
actually zelda has crap controlls for the wii... to stab you press A and Z? and thrust the wiimote forward... that's just shit. keep in mind, i haven't tried the game... but it would just feel more natural if thrusting was thrusting and not pressing a button combo.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
actually zelda has crap controlls for the wii... to stab you press A and Z? and thrust the wiimote forward... that's just shit. keep in mind, i haven't tried the game... but it would just feel more natural if thrusting was thrusting and not pressing a button combo.

I've played Zelda. You don't press A at all 0_o You only press Z to kind of lock on with your opponent so that when you move around you're circling him. Then you free to swipe the wiimote and shake the nunchuck to attack. It works REALLY well, it's a lot of fun to play.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif

Must... have... want... online... play...

Meh, I want wiimote control. You flick the wiimote to the left or right to walk that way, flick it quickly to run, wave the wiimote upward to jump, again to double, again and b to do an up+b,
side b would be flicking the wrist to the left or right and pressing b.
B would be done with no movement. It would take some getting used to, but I think it would be just as fluiid as the current controls, maybe even better.

And the option to use normal controls for all the peeps that dislike the wiimote.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I'm down with the GC/Classic controller for this game. Yeah the Wiimote's cool, but I just don't see it working well with SSB.

Remy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
personally, i hope it uses the gamecube controller. like many people, i've grown very accustomed to the feel of it and can't really imagine using the wiimote to play a fighting game. something about its shape doesn't look right for fighting games

Oh yeah, did anyone else get really "excited" while watching this? I sure did
wink.gif

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
It's funny. When the Wiimote was first revealed, everyone was like "Nah thanks, I'll use the Classic Controller for SSBB", now that everyone has played with the Wii, everyone wants Wiimote support!
laugh.gif

EDIT:

Controller Scheme (Wiimote + Nunchuck)

Analogue Stick = Move Around
Flick Up Wiimote = Jump
Shake Wiimote left to right + Analogue Stick = Run
Quick downward thrust (While in mid air) = Ground Pound

To be honest, I haven't really played SSBM Much, so I can't say much about the controller scheme, but I'd say this very basic core unit would work well!

Kaido

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They shouldn't do anything special with the Wii-mote. In a fighting game, Wii-mote is hard to use. I believe a person using a controller will beat a person using the Wiimote if they have the same level of skill.

Besides, if they don't work on the special effects of the Wii-mote, it means they'll work more on the gameplay of the game. Which is what makes the game great.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Wii-mote kicks ass... Just not for this game.

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i can't believe i'm what i'm reading... how could anyone want to play smash bros with wiimote functions... that just seems silly! Let's hope nintendo sticks to the classic controller setup

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i can't believe i'm what i'm reading... how could anyone want to play smash bros with wiimote functions... that just seems silly! Let's hope nintendo sticks to the classic controller setup
Its already been confirmed to not use the Wii-Mote. Can't remember where I read it, but I DID read it. You do the grunt work. I'm not finding you a damn link, lol.

EDIT- Nvm, I went and found the link so I could read it again, so don't think I did you any favors
ohmy.gif

Linkeh

QUOTE"We found that trying to implement too much motion-sensory functionality can get in the way of the game. We're looking at keeping the control simple, as it has been. The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet." said Masahiro Sakurai.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i can't believe i'm what i'm reading... how could anyone want to play smash bros with wiimote functions... that just seems silly! Let's hope nintendo sticks to the classic controller setup

Yeah, that makes sense, build an entire console around a new control scheme so that fatfrank can still play SSB with the old one.

There had better be both ways to control this game. I don't wanna play it at tournament levels, so shaking the wiimote to hit someone else doesn't bother me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night