PSP-1000 wont turn on. Power LED flashes for a split second.

c2soft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well I did come across a video on YouTube about 30 minutes ago with someone showing their PSP having the exact same symptoms as mine. As I was reading through he comments a lot of people were pointing out that they solved the issue by replacing the fuse on the back of the main board.

(this is the video I'm talking about)

If the PSP I currently have was indeed dropped then it could have most definitely blown the fuse or at the very least knocked it loose/off the board.

I'm not convinced the PSP is bricked by a Pandora Battery attempt because I've been doing research since making this post and like I mentioned above, the symptoms are completely different.

Tomorrow I'm going to take the PSP apart and use a multimeter to do some tests/fault finding across the board. I have another working identical PSP-1000 so I can use them to compare against each other.

If the fuse reports back as fine, then I will maybe explore the possibility that the PSP is bricked from a Pandora Battery. But right now my priority is checking the fuse.

You also have to remember that I don't know the history of this PSP as I received it from the Japan market. I don't have the original battery that the owner had nor do I have the memory card that the owner had.

I have a PSP 2000 that happened like in the video. In my case the problem was that the charger was bad.With a new one it worked. It is strange since when checking the charger with the multimeter it showed 5 volts.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQOFpDdg5rQ