• Views 153,899
  • Replies 812
  • Likes 32

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for your contributions, @guily6669.

I finally got around to OC'ing my Erista Switch using sys-clk-oc8-final3 and OC Toolkit SC 1.2.3, editing my loader.kip from my Switch.

What I have done so far:
  • Uncapped Clocks: On
  • Auto CPU Boost: On
  • Sync ReverseNX: On
  • (RAM) Max Clock: 1996 MHz
  • (RAM) Vdd2: 1175 mV
I haven't yet done any memtesting, just playing TotK. What memtest application should I use? MemToolkitNX? Which tests?

My Switch's hardware:
  • DRAM ID: 00: Samsung K4F6E304HB-MGCH 4GB
  • CPU Speedo 0 (CPU Val): 2025
  • CPU Speedo 2 (GPU Val): 2018
  • SoC Speedo (Soc Val): 1930
What would be a next logical step? I'm interested in undervolting a bit and adjusting RAM timings.

Last edited by jelbo,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your contributions, @guily6669.

I finally got around to OC'ing my Erista Switch using sys-clk-oc8-final3 and OC Toolkit SC 1.2.3, editing my loader.kip from my Switch.

What I have done so far:
  • Uncapped Clocks: On
  • Auto CPU Boost: On
  • Sync ReverseNX: On
  • (RAM) Max Clock: 1996 MHz
  • (RAM) Vdd2: 1175 mV
I haven't yet done any memtesting, just playing TotK. What memtest application should I use? MemToolkitNX? Which tests?

My Switch's hardware:
  • DRAM ID: 00: Samsung K4F6E304HB-MGCH 4GB
  • CPU Speedo 0 (CPU Val): 2025
  • CPU Speedo 2 (GPU Val): 2018
  • SoC Speedo (Soc Val): 1930
What would be a next logical step? I'm interested in undervolting a bit and adjusting RAM timings.
Best memtest is the latest one made by Lineon.

But be careful with uncapped clocks so you don't use much higher clocks on battery.

On battery try to maintain max of 8W of power consumption.

You can try CPU UV 3 if it doesn't work use CPU UV 2, will consume less power, less heat and less fan noise, same for GPU.

But remember ALWAYS DO IT IN EMUNAND AND HAVE A LATEST BACKUP OF IT.

Ps: also you can then improve ram timings, you should go to the discord channel I posted, go to overclock section and ppl will help you more there.

EDIT: EOS/SC 1.2.4 just released... (Use the new loader.kip included) or use the update function from the toolkit and also use the update loader.kip function.

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: jelbo

Darkii75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I can't find the EOS/SC 1.2.4 download. I'm in the discord but I can't see the link.
I'm a beginner and I'm having trouble following.

I have in homebrew / overlay

- FPSLocker
- sys-clk 2.0.0-rc
- ReverseNX-RT
- EdiZon

I'm having trouble understanding, as I've seen a lot of information between 4IFIR , Ultrahand, NX-60FPS-RES-GFX-Cheats.

I overclocked my switch, but I'm limited to 621mhz in Hanfheld mode, my ram frequencies are stuck at 1600 mhz, the CPU around 1725mhz and the GPU 900mhz.

I don't know where I can find a tutorial to install EOS.

Thank you, sorry for my English.

:wacko:

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I heard a few questions:

1. Is this project discontinued?
2. What's the replacement, if one exists?
3. Can anyone provide links?

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I heard a few questions:

1. Is this project discontinued?
2. What's the replacement, if one exists?
3. Can anyone provide links?
1. no
2. EOS
3. Just use this pack:
https://github.com/CatcherITGF/NX-Venom
It´s always up-to-date with the newest stuff from the 60fps Discord (linked on the github page).
It´s a bit difficult to follow the discord, because lots of developments, so just use the pack.

anon730

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I can't find the EOS/SC 1.2.4 download. I'm in the discord but I can't see the link.
I'm a beginner and I'm having trouble following.

I have in homebrew / overlay

- FPSLocker
- sys-clk 2.0.0-rc
- ReverseNX-RT
- EdiZon

I'm having trouble understanding, as I've seen a lot of information between 4IFIR , Ultrahand, NX-60FPS-RES-GFX-Cheats.

I overclocked my switch, but I'm limited to 621mhz in Hanfheld mode, my ram frequencies are stuck at 1600 mhz, the CPU around 1725mhz and the GPU 900mhz.

I don't know where I can find a tutorial to install EOS.

Thank you, sorry for my English.

:wacko:
If your using the discord android app, while in the "#overclock" channel tap on that channel title on the top left hand corner of the screen. Then. On the next page tap on "pins" tab. This has all the latest added software updates in chronological order for you to download. Check out the other tabs too for other helpful links, images of peoples setups, etc.good luck. Once you get it t going it will get easier.

Reactions: emcintosh and Flaya

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I see that it's recommended to use this on emummc. I've been using OC suite on the sysmmc as my switch (Erista) is banned anyway.

Can I use EOS/switchcraft on sysmmc as well, or have something changed since Switch_OC_Suite 1.9.2?

How do I replace OC suite with EOS/Switchcraft?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see that it's recommended to use this on emummc. I've been using OC suite on the sysmmc as my switch (Erista) is banned anyway.

Can I use EOS/switchcraft on sysmmc as well, or have something changed since Switch_OC_Suite 1.9.2?

How do I replace OC suite with EOS/Switchcraft?
Use latest EOS 1.2.4 + latest sys-clk-oc8 0512, it's explained above where to get them all by anon730.

Just delete the old files and use the new ones and to configure the OC you use the overlay, you don't need to use the html page configurator from a PC, you can now do it from switch overlay.

You can use on sysnand but I totally don't recommend it cause it's easy to corrupt the sysnand/EMUNAND specially to test if your console can do max undervolting on CPU and ram bad ram timings for your particular console, this OC has far more features than ever specially for Erista.

EMUNAND should always be used and only when you are 110% sure Ur settings are stable you can use them on SysNand.

Also not related to OC but sysnand is small and if you keep using it a lot like installing and uninstalling games like crazy to sysnand it wears out and some day goes puff and it's better to wear like a 40 $ Amazon exclusive blue Samsung 512GB mSD A2 than the SysNand chip.

And its a bigger pain-in-the-ass to recover a bad sysnand than EMUNAND specially in SD files cause it's just copy paste to a pc and if it corrupts you just copy paste back to the microSD...

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Use latest EOS 1.2.4 + latest sys-clk-oc8 0512, it's explained above where to get them all by anon730.

Just delete the old files and use the new ones and to configure the OC you use the overlay, you don't need to use the html page configurator from a PC, you can now do it from switch overlay.

You can use on sysnand but I totally don't recommend it cause it's easy to corrupt the sysnand/EMUNAND specially to test if your console can do max undervolting on CPU and ram bad ram timings for your particular console, this OC has far more features than ever specially for Erista.

EMUNAND should always be used and only when you are 110% sure Ur settings are stable you can use them on SysNand.

Also not related to OC but sysnand is small and if you keep using it a lot like installing and uninstalling games like crazy to sysnand it wears out and some day goes puff and it's better to wear like a 40 $ Amazon exclusive blue Samsung 512GB mSD A2 than the SysNand chip.

And its a bigger pain-in-the-ass to recover a bad sysnand than EMUNAND specially in SD files cause it's just copy paste to a pc and if it corrupts you just copy paste back to the microSD...
Thank you for the elaborate answer.

I have a 512Gb SD card where I install my games. I never install anything on the internal storage, aside from my saves.

I don't intend to experiment with high values or undervolting per se.. I only ever used presets for games with OC suite, and if they work with this, I'm all good.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the elaborate answer.

I have a 512Gb SD card where I install my games. I never install anything on the internal storage, aside from my saves.

I don't intend to experiment with high values or undervolting per se.. I only ever used presets for games with OC suite, and if they work with this, I'm all good.
If you don't undervolt you lose a lot of potential, power consumption drops a lot so either you use same values you are used to but with a much cooler, less noise, less power draw and more battery life or you can use it to go higher frequencies maintaining the same power consumption but with more performance.

You can just create a emunand in like 8 minutes or so and test on it...

Reactions: Flaya

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you don't undervolt you lose a lot of potential, power consumption drops a lot so either you use same values you are used to but with a much cooler, less noise, less power draw and more battery life or you can use it to go higher frequencies maintaining the same power consumption but with more performance.

You can just create a emunand in like 8 minutes or so and test on it...
I see. Undervolting might actually prove useful then.
Will make a new setup on a different SD card and make some tests. That way I don't mess up my current setup.

YoureALoser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody should be using that... search for EOS 1.2.1, update atmosphere to 1.7.0, use it's toolkit to configure settings from within the switch it self without needing the configurator...

Mariko can go so much crazy higher than that plugged, also you can push some good handheld values if you properly undervolt CPU and GPU I think the recommended is to stay below 8W of power in battery mode, you can use like Status monitor to check battery power...

If you need help achieving the best ask for help here: https://discord.gg/VndKxFg7EE

Go to overclocking section and people will likely help you.
If the moderators here were competent they would lock this thread and give you a warning. No source code = do not share. Locking mods behind Discord = do not share. Discord is not a legitimate source for sharing information & files.

ppkantorski

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the moderators here were competent they would lock this thread and give you a warning. No source code = do not share. Locking mods behind Discord = do not share. Discord is not a legitimate source for sharing information & files.

Flaming, Trolling, & Harassment: The rules explicitly prohibit harassment, flaming, and trolling. Criticizing moderators publicly and calling them incompetent could be considered a violation of these rules, especially if it escalates into harassment.

General Forum Decency: The rules emphasize respectful communication. The comment could be seen as disrespectful and not in line with the forum’s emphasis on civil discourse.

Transparency and Source Code: There are no explicit rules mandating that tools must be open-source. However, transparency and safety are implied values, and tools verified by the community may be considered acceptable even if closed-source.

Side-note: Meha handed the project off to the current maintainer, and original creator KazushiMe has distanced and removed himself from the project's development and maintenance. With permission from copyright holders, GPLv2 code can indeed legally be shared in a closed source manor.

While I do agree that it should be open sourced, it is not my place to say since I have no stake in any of the copyrights. But people should be allowed to share and discuss results with EOS as well as any private discords that fall in line with GBATemp's rules and guidelines. Keeping testing open and verifiable by the community is a critical step towards keeping tools safe to use by regular people who may want to try it out. Even if you think Discord is not a "legitimate source" for sharing information and files, it is still one the best platforms for community based feedback, development and testing.

Last edited by ppkantorski,

TetsuoTokyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi guys! Need your help. I just installed NX Venom suite on my 18.0.1 Switch but the album is empty...How do I install homebrews like Edizon etc...?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just sharing knowledge of the latest official stuff. OC suite will unlikely EVER get updated sadly...

Anyone's up to chose, also I don't think you will be using it on latest atmos and latest FW unless someone fork it and make it compatible but will never have the newer stuff which is a must-have specially for Erista that never got CPU UV.
Post automatically merged:

Hi guys! Need your help. I just installed NX Venom suite on my 18.0.1 Switch but the album is empty...How do I install homebrews like Edizon etc...?
homebrew apps go to mSD root\Switch\

And the overlays (.ovl) go to Switch\.overlays\

I have attached Edizon-SE here and added it's overlay, everything is in it's proper folder ready for you to just follow the path, just copy paste the folders inside to the root of mSD and should work just fine...

Attachments

• EdiZon-se.rar
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited by guily6669,

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Running Atmosphere 1.7.0 and HOS 18.0.0 gives black screen on boot if the line "kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip"
is added to hekate_ipl.ini after installing EOS.

Also is EOS for Erista or only Mariko?
Noticed there's also one named EPV.

Last edited by Flaya,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running Atmosphere 1.7.0 and HOS 18.0.0 gives black screen on boot if the line "kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip"
is added to hekate_ipl.ini after installing EOS.

Also is EOS for Erista or only Mariko?
Noticed there's also one named EPV.
EPV is old, was the 1st to have erista CPU UV but now EOS has it and better...

You have to use latest version to support atmos 1.7.0 and FW 18+...

EOS 1.2.4 + latest sys-clk-oc8 0512.

If you set something in it and doesn't boot you can configure in the PC using the configurator html page or remove the kip1 line and use the OC toolkit from overlay to fix settings.

Some consoles can't handle max CPU UV 4 example and will not boot so you might need to decrease it and test.

You can also add a Hekate safe mode boot by just copy pasting your CFW emunand boot entry and add Safe Mode in the end of its name and just remove the kip1 line from that one so when it doesn't boot you choose to boot safe mode...

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
EPV is old, was the 1st to have erista CPU UV but now EOS has it and better...

You have to use latest version to support atmos 1.7.0 and FW 18+...

EOS 1.2.4 + latest sys-clk-oc8 0512.

If you set something in it and doesn't boot you can configure in the PC using the configurator html page or remove the kip1 line and use the OC toolkit from overlay to fix settings.

Some consoles can't handle max CPU UV 4 example and will not boot so you might need to decrease it and test.

You can also add a Hekate safe mode boot by just copy pasting your CFW emunand boot entry and add Safe Mode in the end of its name and just remove the kip1 line from that one so when it doesn't boot you choose to boot safe mode...
Ok. I will give this a try tonight.

Reactions: guily6669

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!
    Veho @ Veho: Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!