Testing the new EZ-Flash Parallel

ultraforce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ds is a mess, there's like 50 different kinds and it's impossible to track what's where and what the best places to get them from is

acekard 2i is technically the best, r4i gold 3ds plus (r4ids.cn branded) comes in second. good luck finding acekard these days though. r4i gold 3ds plus is more recent so maybe it's still in production at least?

stay away from anything ezflash, garbage tier support I dont think I have to elaborate on that. if you're going to spend $60 on a gba card you might as well do the extra $40 and get everdrive gba for $100 and have an actually good card. goomba/goomba color is pretty good and majority of games run full speed with minimal graphical problems, so you might be happy with just everdrive gba, play gb/c games in gba mode with the emulator. everdrive gb is more expensive if you absolutely want to play games in gbc mode or on gbc.
okay, so are the flashcarts not really particularly good if you want just a replacement to risking wearing out your actual cartridges? Since the way it sounds things are maybe worse then how they were when I was a kid and my dad used PASSCARD + M3 NDS&GBA Movie Player. Since for that there were a few games that wouldn't save but most games ran at what seemed like full speed without graphical problems.

boots_n_cats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay, so are the flashcarts not really particularly good if you want just a replacement to risking wearing out your actual cartridges? Since the way it sounds things are maybe worse then how they were when I was a kid and my dad used PASSCARD + M3 NDS&GBA Movie Player. Since for that there were a few games that wouldn't save but most games ran at what seemed like full speed without graphical problems.
Flashcarts are a great option if that's what you want to do. That guy is really overly negative about the situation and is pretty out of date on what's good at what isn't. These days, any slot-1 DS flashcart will play 99+% of games at full speed with no issues. The best place to buy them is AliExpress and they cost like $10.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a flashcart Ace3DS+ or X will work and are relatively cheap. Or you could just use TWiLight Menu on hacked DSi/DSi XL/3DS. Just have to check game compatibility.

Would definitely steer clear of EZ Flash Parallel though. Not ready for the limelight that one.

Reactions: 4d1xlaan

ultraforce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Flashcarts are a great option if that's what you want to do. That guy is really overly negative about the situation and is pretty out of date on what's good at what isn't. These days, any slot-1 DS flashcart will play 99+% of games at full speed with no issues. The best place to buy them is AliExpress and they cost like $10.
Main thing I would want is to be able to inject events/rom hacks in games I own and being able to take extracted saves from my actual cards so that I don’t need to be using a case and swapping 6 cartridges in 12 minutes.

4d1xlaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it sounded like you didnt have any and were looking for one. if you already have them though then they're good to use. acekard 2i with akaio and r4i gold with wood r4, you cant beat that.

i'd happily be proven wrong about ezflash for gba and gbc though ;)

ultraforce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it sounded like you didnt have any and were looking for one. if you already have them though then they're good to use. acekard 2i with akaio and r4i gold with wood r4, you cant beat that.

i'd happily be proven wrong about ezflash for gba and gbc though ;)
I have one that kind of works for the ds and ds lite but it requires using the gba slot for the actual sd card. Huh seems the m3 is actually pretty decent for just game boy stuff
1715903512830.jpeg

1715903222161.png

Last edited by ultraforce,

boots_n_cats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have one that kind of works for the ds and ds lite but it requires using the gba slot for the actual sd card. Huh seems the m3 is actually pretty decent for just game boy stuff View attachment 437627
View attachment 437626
That is ancient. Keep it as a collectable but do yourself a favor and get an Ace3DS X for DS games. While the M3 is probably fine as a GBA cart, DS game compatibility is poor and not worth the hassle when slot-1 carts don't require manual ROM patching and support essentially every DS game ever made as well as most ROM hacks.

Last edited by boots_n_cats,

4d1xlaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends, does m3 gbamp run commercial gba roms? compability probably shouldnt be an issue if it does, but I'm trying to figure out if it uses a battery for saving. looks like it does? it's probably dead by now, and it's soldered on. but apparently the m3 gbamp used a rechargeable battery?

I mean, there's no harm in trying and seeing what runs and what doesn't, if it works and plays gba games well enough for your needs then stick with that tbh. it might even be good enough for gb/c with goomba color. but dont expect good ds game compatibility with a slot-2 card, these stopped being supported pretty early in the ds's life span so any games that came out after the last software update likely won't work (games need to be individually patched to make them read their data from slot 2 instead of slot 1, no patch = no game)

ultraforce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
depends, does m3 gbamp run commercial gba roms? compability probably shouldnt be an issue if it does, but I'm trying to figure out if it uses a battery for saving. looks like it does? it's probably dead by now, and it's soldered on. but apparently the m3 gbamp used a rechargeable battery?

I mean, there's no harm in trying and seeing what runs and what doesn't, if it works and plays gba games well enough for your needs then stick with that tbh. it might even be good enough for gb/c with goomba color. but dont expect good ds game compatibility with a slot-2 card, these stopped being supported pretty early in the ds's life span so any games that came out after the last software update likely won't work (games need to be individually patched to make them read their data from slot 2 instead of slot 1, no patch = no game)
I don't know is there a way to check if it does or doesn't before I get my Joey Jr.?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch