The MIG Switch Thread

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Do all cartridges have a certificate file for going online?
That should be correct. As long as you do a full dump of the cartridge correctly, you should get all the .bin files you need to put on your MIG Switch card in order for game to work properly. Just make sure to follow the folder and naming guidelines on their official website.

Reactions: BigOnYa

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found mig dumps but there split, like 00,001 will those games runs on the mig?
Yes just make sure they are named and sorted properly and have all their files
Post automatically merged:

My dumper and flashcart combo from migswitch.store has officially shipped

Or well the tracking number was created at least

Last edited by TheStonedModder,
  • Love
Reactions: Exnor and Blythe93

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just bought a mig switch and wanted to ask some questions, hopefully it does not matter if they have been answered before since It tried searching and all I found were people just talking about it without any kind of real world testing
1. Has anyone been banned or heard of someone being banned from using a mig switch online with a widespread dump of a game?
2. Does the certificate each cartidge has has any kind of link to the game so nintendo knows its exactly that game?
3. Would using a certificate from my own cartidges and some "borrowed" game have any kind of "protection" against bans if nintendo tries to mass ban people at some point?
4. Has anyone tried to dump cartidges of games that have DLCs on them or do they come with a code? and if the dlc are in the cartidge do they work on mig switch?
I know some of those questions may not have answers yet but wanted to ask anyway since I found no answers online for the ban ones since people just talk about nintendo being able to ban people if they use a game online with the same certificate as a game someone else is playing online at the same time but just talked about it as a possibility and I understand it being the case but want to try to use it in a way that it becomes difficult for nintendo to ban my console using other cartidge certificates since I have some of them lying around and will never play online with those(since they are not online games)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I just bought a mig switch and wanted to ask some questions, hopefully it does not matter if they have been answered before since It tried searching and all I found were people just talking about it without any kind of real world testing
1. Has anyone been banned or heard of someone being banned from using a mig switch online with a widespread dump of a game?
2. Does the certificate each cartidge has has any kind of link to the game so nintendo knows its exactly that game?
3. Would using a certificate from my own cartidges and some "borrowed" game have any kind of "protection" against bans if nintendo tries to mass ban people at some point?
4. Has anyone tried to dump cartidges of games that have DLCs on them or do they come with a code? and if the dlc are in the cartidge do they work on mig switch?
I know some of those questions may not have answers yet but wanted to ask anyway since I found no answers online for the ban ones since people just talk about nintendo being able to ban people if they use a game online with the same certificate as a game someone else is playing online at the same time but just talked about it as a possibility and I understand it being the case but want to try to use it in a way that it becomes difficult for nintendo to ban my console using other cartidge certificates since I have some of them lying around and will never play online with those(since they are not online games)
all your questions has been answered on the past posts. please read the thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch