Things you recently bought or got

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Bought a DS Rumble Pak without a sticker, and seems like it's the eWin version based on the photos. The vibration of both is described as "not very intense."

White - eWin
Black - Unbranded

The eWin was also available in black. Review here with it in black: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ewin-rumble-pak-review.46636/
I'm having a problem finding these nowadays for a reasonable price. Where did you buy yours?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wye3cd5g6n4.jpg

New pair of summer mtb gloves.

g4z9cwl9rl7.jpg

Polar H10 heartrate strap. Always a top rated sensor and pairs fine to my Garmin 255.

e4gdcpamr34.jpg

The premium Retrotink remote.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought the DS Browser Pack (with the GBA Expansion RAM cart), a guy asked me if I'd buy him food so went to McD's and got him a cheeseburger + orange juice.

That guy told me he had autism, not sure if he was homeless I didn't ask as he was talking to a lady.

And now, purchased a DS Rumble Pak for a guy on GBATemp.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a $100 gift card from Walmart, so I picked up another Xbox Series X.(My orig series x is fine, just wanted another for when Grandkids come over, they have they own to play, and stay off my personal xbox) Is awesome ofcourse. My only issue is my audio surround receiver in spare room is not 4k capable so had to run HDMI directly from Xbox to 4k tv, then use a digital optical cable from tv to surround sound unit, but works as expected. Eventually when they get older, ill prob just give it to them as a gift.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Got some stuff today. With this Pocket I now have at least one Game Boy of every type released. And if I manage to repair my old childhood SP even a working one of every type. And I got a copy of Pokemon Y because I basically played through most of the game now, and figured I might as well get a hard copy to use with both my 3DS.
IMG_20240515_163018631.jpg

And I also got a bunch of game cases from Cloud Game Store on Aliexpress. Those are definitely living up to their high quality claims and I'll definitely be getting more of the single cases.
IMG_20240514_130053864.jpg

IMG_20240514_130111792.jpg
IMG_20240514_130153078.jpg
IMG_20240514_130201518.jpg

They close and open easily, stay put perfectly fine, and feel good to the touch. They even have the definitely properly licensed Nintendo embossing on them so they look very OEM. The two bigger cases are perfect for travel meanwhile, if for some reason one needs 4 GB or 8 GBA games while out and about.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 437405
The Nintendo Gamecube component cable, because, why not.
It was 150€ with the box, usually they go for almost 300€, so it wasn't a really bad deal.

That's awesome but I don't understand why they still command the $$. There are several gcvideo gadgets available for much less that do hdmi and the output is superb. (I use Retro-Bit Prism) You got a good deal but like you said, people do pay much more for them ... for some reason.

Reactions: DuduMil

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An OG DS (Blue) which looks to be in very good condition with the stylus (how do people lose them so much?), but no charger I did order one (GBA SP branded) ahead of time due to this type of purchase.

s-l1200.webp

s-l1200.webp

(Not my favorite color for the DS, though I guess I'll get used to it).

I'd have preferred a purple DS like the one below, but officially they don't exist, it's a custom shell.

20240515_192002-jpg.437388

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-ml-shell.655615/#post-10421596

Also, if you're getting into GBA SP/OG DS don't buy those cheap, low quality, shitty cables that break go with the official charger as it's built to last.

3DS has braided USB cables that feel very durable, disappointingly nothing alike for the GBA SP/OG DS.

2-in-1-Sync-Data-Charging-USB-Power-Cable-Cord-Line-Wire-Charger-for-Nintendo-NDSI.jpg_960x960.jpg

Post automatically merged:

That's awesome but I don't understand why they still command the $$. There are several gcvideo gadgets available for much less that do hdmi and the output is superb. (I use Retro-Bit Prism) You got a good deal but like you said, people do pay much more for them ... for some reason.
I bought the official Wii component cable and used the Wii as a GCN, but know what... I haven't used it for a few years.

All that hooked up for nothing.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An OG DS (Blue) which looks to be in very good condition with the stylus (how do people lose them so much?), but no charger I did order one (GBA SP branded) ahead of time due to this type of purchase.

s-l1200.webp

s-l1200.webp

(Not my favorite color for the DS, though I guess I'll get used to it).

I'd have preferred a purple DS like the one below, but officially they don't exist, it's a custom shell.

20240515_192002-jpg.437388

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-ml-shell.655615/#post-10421596

Also, if you're getting into GBA SP/OG DS don't buy those cheap, low quality, shitty cables that break go with the official charger as it's built to last.

3DS has braided USB cables that feel very durable, disappointingly nothing alike for the GBA SP/OG DS.

2-in-1-Sync-Data-Charging-USB-Power-Cable-Cord-Line-Wire-Charger-for-Nintendo-NDSI.jpg_960x960.jpg

Post automatically merged:

I bought the official Wii component cable and used the Wii as a GCN, but know what... I haven't used it for a few years.

All that hooked up for nothing.

Congrats on landing that OG DS. Looks great!

Re: spending $$ on gear to get your retro consoles properly set up, then not using it much ... welcome to retro gaming lol.

sagey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 437405
The Nintendo Gamecube component cable, because, why not.
It was 150€ with the box, usually they go for almost 300€, so it wasn't a really bad deal.
I just got a GameCube/N64/SNES HDMI adapter. it's nice getting to play windwaker without such shitty quality I used to get

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you happen to have a n64 to try it on? I was interested in getting one to play OoT on my tv cause the n64 look like shit with composite on it

It's getting rare but does your TV have s-video? I use s-video for N64, scaled with the Framemeister to 720p. (On a crt I'd just plug in s-video straight from the console.) It looks a lot better than composite. I do have an N64 RGB board, but haven't bothered installing it. Yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch