What is something that You regret buying and it haunts you to this day?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This piece of shit.

1715754688790.png

The installer burned to the CD had the wrong settings in the config file, essentially breaking the installer.I had to copy the files to my PC, edit the config file with the right settings, and burn the game back to a DVD-R and then it would install fine. So I had to keep the new installation disc I made in with it.

After all that bullshit, I just gave up on the game.
Oh, and it's bundled with the infamous "Games for Windows" crap, so enjoy fighting with that too.

$20 down the shitter, along with my dignity.

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This piece of shit.

View attachment 437309

The installer burned to the CD had the wrong settings in the config file, essentially breaking the installer.I had to copy the files to my PC, edit the config file with the right settings, and burn the game back to a DVD-R and then it would install fine. So I had to keep the new installation disc I made in with it.

Oh, and it's bundled with the infamous "Games for Windows" crap, so enjoy fighting with that too.

This looks bootlegged. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few bootlegs in my time.

This reminds me, I bought Blur for PC, but I bought an international version because it was cheaper. Likely a bootleg, but who's to say. I had a time getting it to work the way I wanted. However, the game did run at 60fps on PC, so it may have been the best version.

I remember Blur was a daily deal on Steam for $2.50 USD. I passed on it not knowing that it would be delisted soon after. That one still stings a little.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This piece of shit.

View attachment 437309

"Be sure to disable any form of antivirus so no files get corrupted"

One sign that they definitely slipped malware into that disc.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This looks bootlegged. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few bootlegs in my time.

This reminds me, I bought Blur for PC, but I bought an international version because it was cheaper. Likely a bootleg, but who's to say. I had a time getting it to work the way I wanted. However, the game did run at 60fps on PC, so it may have been the best version.

I remember Blur was a daily deal on Steam for $2.50 USD. I passed on it not knowing that it would be delisted soon after. That one still stings a little.
It's not my picture, it's a google image, but I definitely bought it new, boxed, in retail.

And I regret not buying Blur on Steam, I WANT to buy a legit copy, but nobody will sell it to me. Piracy is the only way I can play it on PC, and it sucks.

jkm81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This piece of shit.

View attachment 437309

$20 down the shitter, along
IMG_3072.jpg
given to me for hacking a psp of a friend, never tried it.
but the thing i regret buying the most is my 1993 Honda civic del sol si. It is my dream car and i wasn't a money pit, surprisingly. i wanted to work on it myself, but i was force to pay to get it fix. car runs awesome, i drive it occasionally. to me however, it lost a little bit of magic. did not help that i got unemployed after fixing it.:sad:

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not my picture, it's a google image, but I definitely bought it new, boxed, in retail.

And I regret not buying Blur on Steam, I WANT to buy a legit copy, but nobody will sell it to me. Piracy is the only way I can play it on PC, and it sucks.
Yeah, it allegedly sold under a million units, so it was another nail in Bizarre Creations' coffin. it was a genuinely fun game, and the prototype footage of Blur 2 just added salt to the wound. Bizarre Creations deserved more credit for their work.

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I regret buying everything now.

I regret buying you.

But I've been haunted lately by this towel that came alive and had face in it....

Mythical Ancient Ghost I suppose like Luke would say...a case for X-Files

IMG_0040.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: đź‘Ť