Gaming Zelda Wii or Zelda GC

• Thread starter cheech1
  • Start date
  • Views 6,181
  • Replies 41

Will you buy a Wii at launch along with Zelda or wait 3 weeks for the Gamecube version??

• Buy Wii and Zelda at launch. Zelda Wii will be vastly superior

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait for Zelda GC...Not quite sold on Wii yet but must have Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

serious_sean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey Vamp, relax yourself.

This thread is supposed to be about voicing your opinion of which one you want to play. we can't all be perfectly unbiased like vampire hunter d.

and hey, it's a valid point. the game was meant to be played on a controller. the game was originally for GC and the wiimote functionality was tacked on.

Rev Jim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Final Fanatsy XII. uh...er, I mean Gamecube
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I think it's best to wait for the next revision on next gen consoles whether it be wii, ps3 or 360. I have enough to play anyways so it's not a big deal having to wait and I've waited this long a litle bit more won't kill me.

illumina

Trophies
XP
Country
Wii for sure. Already have both pre-ordered at EBgames. After reading some impressions on the controls with the wiimote, I'm pumped and can't wait to play it.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
The Wii. I'm placing a lot of faith in Nintendo this round, and I skipped the GC almost entirely. In fact, never bought one.

EDIT : Forgot this.

hey Vamp, relax yourself.

This thread is supposed to be about voicing your opinion of which one you want to play. we can't all be perfectly unbiased like vampire hunter d.

and hey, it's a valid point. the game was meant to be played on a controller. the game was originally for GC and the wiimote functionality was tacked on.

Even if he was wrong, I'd defend Vamp to the death. He used punctuation, for fuck's sake. And he didn't use "fo sho" like some wigger, hello-I'd-like-to-kill-the-english-language wannabe. But since you do have a point, allow me to dispute it.

No more games were "meant" to be played on a controller than games were "meant" to be played with a wiimote. Gyroscopic mice existed before, you know?
I played through every zelda game ever released (okay, maybe not the cd-i dreck) with a keyboard in my bouts of nostalgia. Didn't notice any difference. It didn't change the content in the games (except for emulation glitches, but that's a whole other story).

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I will most likely get the Wii version, I will, however instantly sell it and get the Gamecube version if I feel the controls don't offer the feel I want it to. Nintendo needs to have "Direction:Direction" sword controls in the Wii version; or I will most definitely not be playing the Wii version, I don't give a crap how much better the Wiimote is. I refuse to move around the Wiimote if all I'm gonna get is an exact replica of B Button Bashing. If I swing the Wiimote to the left, I want the sword to swing to the left. If I swing the Wiimote up, I want Link to do an upward slash.

I'm not demanding 1:1, I know how complex 1:1 is gonna be to code without (or even with) AILiveMotion technology. I just want Nintendo to match the moves that are already in Link's animation move set. Link can slash up, down, left, right, diagonal, stab and circular spin (hell, even downward arial thrust in TP); and they've already told the engine to react like the B Button if you move in certain directions...surely it's a case of just moving the pre-existing code around and wrapping it in multiple if statements instead of just one, right?

I really am trying to figure out how hard it can possibly be to modify the pre-existing game to make sword directions mimic your own.

Anyway...yeah. Me getting -and keeping- the Wii version all depends on the way the sword controls work. It may sound very petty, but it's just the way I feel. No disrespect to any fans, developers, promoters or anybody else, I love the Wii, I really do, I'm even picking one up on Launch day (It's conveniently being launched on a friday, a day I'm off Uni
biggrin.gif
), very early in the morning, but I'll ditch the game if the controls suck. It's been that way with current gen consoles; it's gonna be the same for the next/new gen.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^Nintendo originally claimed it would do that.

Later they backstepped and quit being so forward, leaning towards it being pre-sets.

Then at E3 Red Steel took crap for not being 1:1 on sword movements, and then Nintendo steps up and speaks of Zelda again saying what you do with the controller Link does with his sword (and I recall same with the other piece + button for blocking directionally with a shield.

So I like you up there, have that expectation at least as far as the swordplay goes as this is something I've wanted for a LONG time before Wii was a skidmark in Nintendo's R&D shorts.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I voted Wii Zelda, just because I want to buy the Wii anyway for Metroid. Samus is -------n' addicting! Also the whole "speaker in wii remote for depth of sound" sounds cool even though it can't be real since sound moves so fast that your brain can't truely tell the difference. But hearing an arrow swoosh when i pull back a remote.... "Now THAT'S GOOD STUFF!"

But as soon as these games are in WalMart I will choose. simply for ease in playing. If its hard to block enemies with a remote, or hard to aim with a control stick, i will choose.

WalMart half-rocks. The remote will have probably been in: a dogs mouth, a baby's mouth, a child rapist's mouth, some old dude's pants, and to hell and back before I touch it... >.< (with my luck)

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii version........not buying it at launch, though. Need a vehicle first
tongue.gif

The sooner the video game industry gets away from the old "analog/d-pad + buttons" controller formula, the better. The Wii is a start. The end, of course, is full virtual gaming, which I'm waiting patiently for
happy.gif

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(I appologize for my apostrophe isnt working
frown.gif
)

I thought people worked out what an awful idea Virtual Reality was in the 80s...

Right, back in the 80s when your average computer wasnt capable of outputting 3D. Yep, THATs when we make the decision that VR wont work.........right. Computers can do much more now, my friend, so naturally the VG industry will take another look into VR gaming somewhere down the road. It is inevitable. Some, like myself, are already growing tired of the restricting controller format games have been using. Game consoles have been evolving graphically and phonically, but the controller has always pretty much stayed the same. Sure, analog sticks came along, but really that is just a more precise d-pad - no real change in control. Nintendo decided to push the envelope and finally try to change thing. The Wiimote does still have standard controller buttons, but I wasnt expecting anything much bigger a change than that. One step at a time, I guess.

haohmaru6

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Such impatience in this thread...
Truly the Wii looks like a spectacular system, and I'm sure Zelda will be very nice on it. However, Nintendo is a company (in modern times, anyway,) that really cares about its customers, past and present. I personally do not feel that anything truly major and significant will be different between the TP versions.
One must also consider that upon launch, every new system must be given time to iron out the bugs, and examine the library. I have a lot of faith in Nintendo nowadays, but indeed no system can be perfected right away.
For new consoles, I always wait at least a year before deciding to dive in. During this time, I go find in the bargain bin all the games that were good for the previous generation. This has the effect of not only saving me a TON of cash, but a lot of headaches as well. I get 98% great games that are fun no matter what generation they were made and don't wind up with overhyped trash.

Patience has it's rewards
biggrin.gif
. Now to go play some more Shadowman on N64
biggrin.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
(I appologize for my apostrophe isnt working
frown.gif
)

I thought people worked out what an awful idea Virtual Reality was in the 80s...

Right, back in the 80s when your average computer wasnt capable of outputting 3D. Yep, THATs when we make the decision that VR wont work.........right. Computers can do much more now, my friend, so naturally the VG industry will take another look into VR gaming somewhere down the road. It is inevitable. Some, like myself, are already growing tired of the restricting controller format games have been using. Game consoles have been evolving graphically and phonically, but the controller has always pretty much stayed the same. Sure, analog sticks came along, but really that is just a more precise d-pad - no real change in control. Nintendo decided to push the envelope and finally try to change thing. The Wiimote does still have standard controller buttons, but I wasnt expecting anything much bigger a change than that. One step at a time, I guess.

The problem wasn't the quality of the 3d graphics, it was the fact it simply didn't lend itself to good games and encased you in an anti-social bubble. The Wii is taking a step away from VR, not towards it.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
OH, Dactyl Nightmare! I was like 13-14 when I played it. God, it sucked and had a shitty framerate, but it was so great just to be IN A VR GAME! F'R REALZ! (I mean... You know.)

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that virtuality game is extremely immersive, I was very dissapointed that VR fizzled out. With such leaps in technology, VR is poised to make a comeback but geeks are satisfied with flashier graphics. But there's still shitty framerate, still shitty loadtimes, etc. Hey what the fuck is up with this huge problem these idiots are having with programming Wii FPS games to aim correctly, there are a shitload of solutions. You could press and hold a button to lock the camera to the reticule, and release the button to switch back to precise aiming. WOW THAT WAS HARD ! ! ! Then you don't need some retarded BOX. Christ on a cracker.

DJBurkey

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Wii version.. Any reviewer who's played it seems to be saying the controls have been greatly improved since E3, and that its awesome. Plus it comes out sooner, and I'm getting a Wii anyway
biggrin.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Yep, I can vouch for what Costello said. Wii is the only way to play Zelda
wink.gif
The controls are superb. I'm not even a Zelda fan but after playing it I'm considering buying it on launch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ratings for it are calling it bad, but it looks cool. Damn 48/100 rating.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    looks are deceiving
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea people always down vote games anymore seems like, good or bad, bunch of haters
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, review bombing?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah seems like people hate on original ideas anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh were sorry our small dev team can't shit out a cod clone every 6 months
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly positive on steam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eew, you use steam, I'm down voting you cause you not using or playing what I like.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes and epic and gog, sleep with me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Homophobic
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, whats wrong with steam?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nothing, I was just teasing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He's a big tease trying to take my booty
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No, I don't wanna make ancientboi mad, I know you two already have a thing going
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He divorced me once I threatened him with the fbi
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2,
    he also fucked uremum despite being gay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah so did you and I want back child support pay enjoy the lawsuits
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, im virgin
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: