Do you buy LEGO sets?

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used to be big into lego sets when I was a kid. I did build the question mark block set with my brother a couple years ago, but that's about it, although I do really want that piranha plant.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fuck, I had this one
818.jpeg

Amazing and beloved Christmas present when I was a kid, but I would sell the shit out of it now if I still had it.

CyberPal69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck, I had this one
View attachment 440315
Amazing and beloved Christmas present when I was a kid, but I would sell the shit out of it now if I still had it.

I keep the boxes, instructions, and bags that the pieces come in just for this reason. I can't help but to build them, though; that is why I buy them in the first place.

Currently, I have the following sets:
  1. The TIE Fighter set that was retired at the beginning of this year
  2. The Mandalorian Fang Fighter vs TIE Advanced set
  3. The TIE Bomber set
  4. Darth Vader's Helmet
  5. The Death Star Trench Run Diorama
  6. The X-Wing Starfighter UCS set
  7. The Trade Federation Troop Carrier set
  8. The AAT set
  9. The Simpsons House set
  10. The Auspicious Dragon set
  11. The Orchid set
  12. The 1969 Camaro Z28 set
With plans to purchase many more sets in the future. Actually, I have an Excel file with the sets that I would like to purchase, with prices, prioritized based on my interest and the retirement date (or estimated retirement date) if available.

Cranesbill

Triumph Fury
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Colombia
Ever heard of Bionicle's and a much less popular series, Mixels? Yeah that was my shit back then where Lego was valid. Nowadays I still think the company is valid, but I don't go out of my way to buy any of the sets anymore, not because I don't have interests in them, in fact the quality and design direction really is still amazing (I really want that Orient Express Train) it's just gosh damn I'm not willing to put a dent in my wallet for one set. I could go for the cheaper 20$ sets, but I don't know, they always seems to be cooking with the big sets and not so much with the smaller ones.

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find they are the worse bang for your buck.. One day I actually bought 7784 LEGO Batman batmobile and it cost a few hundred dollars.. I finished building it under 3 hours iirc.. It sits on a shelf ever since.. It's not like I'm actually going to play with it , so those hours of "fun" ended up costing quite a bit.. Since then it made sense never to buy lego sets again. I find them fun to build, but simply too expensive. Good thing I have 2 small kids in my family that end up playing with it at times, making me feel that I'm getting more for my money out of it..

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever heard of Bionicle's and a much less popular series, Mixels? Yeah that was my shit back then where Lego was valid. Nowadays I still think the company is valid, but I don't go out of my way to buy any of the sets anymore, not because I don't have interests in them, in fact the quality and design direction really is still amazing (I really want that Orient Express Train) it's just gosh damn I'm not willing to put a dent in my wallet for one set. I could go for the cheaper 20$ sets, but I don't know, they always seems to be cooking with the big sets and not so much with the smaller ones.

Bionicles!!! I remember them, they were, kind of yeah, a Lego rip-off, but I certainly remember that they had some awesome sets...
Post automatically merged:

I find they are the worse bang for your buck.. One day I actually bought 7784 LEGO Batman batmobile and it cost a few hundred dollars.. I finished building it under 3 hours iirc.. It sits on a shelf ever since.. It's not like I'm actually going to play with it , so those hours of "fun" ended up costing quite a bit.. Since then it made sense never to buy lego sets again. I find them fun to build, but simply too expensive. Good thing I have 2 small kids in my family that end up playing with it at times, making me feel that I'm getting more for my money out of it..

Completely understood. Lego sets can be VERY FUCKING EXPENSIVE.
Post automatically merged:

I keep the boxes, instructions, and bags that the pieces come in just for this reason. I can't help but to build them, though; that is why I buy them in the first place.

Currently, I have the following sets:
  1. The TIE Fighter set that was retired at the beginning of this year
  2. The Mandalorian Fang Fighter vs TIE Advanced set
  3. The TIE Bomber set
  4. Darth Vader's Helmet
  5. The Death Star Trench Run Diorama
  6. The X-Wing Starfighter UCS set
  7. The Trade Federation Troop Carrier set
  8. The AAT set
  9. The Simpsons House set
  10. The Auspicious Dragon set
  11. The Orchid set
  12. The 1969 Camaro Z28 set
With plans to purchase many more sets in the future. Actually, I have an Excel file with the sets that I would like to purchase, with prices, prioritized based on my interest and the retirement date (or estimated retirement date) if available.

Pics dude, pics!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn internets dragging like a dogs ass +1