Hardware Psp Vita featuring ps3 gamepad mode

rgros

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just stumbled across an interesting article on a Portuguese Gaming Site, where they claim that the PSP Vita will offer the following features ;)

- Ability to be used as a PS3 controller
- Ability to receive information from ps3 games and display of content
- featuring full integration of psp vita touch sensors

This could be just a rumor but if true may be a serious threat to Nintendo's new Wii-U..

What you guys think? interesting?

Source

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I don't want to use the PSV for a controller. I have actual controllers for that reason.

It apparently can actually do most of what the WiiU sports with its controller, just with a Vita instead of that tablet.

I do doubt anything notable will come out of this though, I don't think any game would want to market the need to spend at least $550 on a PS3 + Vita just to play the game. Maybe it'll have some neat bonus features but nothing will be built off a Vita + PS3 mechanic.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Slyakin said:
I don't want to use the PSV for a controller. I have actual controllers for that reason.

It apparently can actually do most of what the WiiU sports with its controller, just with a Vita instead of that tablet.

I do doubt anything notable will come out of this though, I don't think any game would want to market the need to spend at least $550 on a PS3 + Vita just to play the game. Maybe it'll have some neat bonus features but nothing will be built off a Vita + PS3 mechanic.
Wait, couldn't the PSP do some of the stuff mentioned here (obviously not touch, but streaming and control)?

At least, that's what I thought.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Wait, couldn't the PSP do some of the stuff mentioned here (obviously not touch, but streaming and control)?

At least, that's what I thought.

I thought it could act as a gamepad but the Vita also has cameras, touch control, motion sensors, stuff like that. So they can't really do the same thing.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually no it really won't be a serious threat the two systems are fundamentally different...The Wii U can use the controller to play Wii U and Wii games while some one watches a movie or TV, The shitty Vita cannot. Just off topic every video I've seen where people try to use the back touch screen of the Vita looks okward and hard and could strain your hands and fingers. I mean think about it for a min, sure it looks good in photos but when you actually use the back touch screen well seems a bit off to me and just a plain out weird design choice.

I'm not hating just pointing out the facts! I own a PSP Go and Slim 2000 and a 3DS and Wii so I'll probably be getting Vita down the road once the price comes down, like the 3DS it will suffer in sales due to the high price point!

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
>like the 3DS it will suffer in sales due to the high price point!
I think the Vita has a reasonable price due to the specs involved.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
>like the 3DS it will suffer in sales due to the high price point!
I think the Vita has a reasonable price due to the specs involved.
But people don't just casually throw money at companies. Anything above 200 dollars these days is considered overpriced.

Why get a PSV for 250 when you can get an iPod Touch for 200?

It sucks, but it's true.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Slyakin said:
Anything above 200 dollars these days is considered overpriced.Yet Apple continues to be best seller with the iPhone.

Curse you Apple and your brain-washing. ;O;

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Aug 2 2011, 01:43 PM)
Why get a PSV for 250 when you can get an iPod Touch for 200?

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rgros said:
This could be just a rumor but if true may be a serious threat to Nintendo's new Wii-U..

Source

1. *facepalm*
2. Since you are saying this could be a possible threat to the wii-u, I am assuming that you believe that the psv can be used exactly like the wii-u controller. I see this as a possible breakage of two things: a tv and the psv. but the same goes for the wii-u but less money.
3. Nintendo never had a threat when it comes to having the most sales for it's game systems.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
gameandmatch said:
3. Nintendo never had a threat when it comes to having the most sales for it's game systems.
PS2 sir.
Not saying that it is or ever has been a 'threat', just ruling Nintendo out of the best sales column.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
gameandmatch said:
PS2 sir.
Not saying that it's is and ever has been a 'threat', just ruling Nintendo out of the best sales column.
In addition, the original PlayStation sold three times as many units as the N64.

Current gen the Wii is being outsold by both the PS3 and 360 in the US.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The quotes in this post are from another topic, that was closed because it was about what this one is about. So let's continue the discussion here.
Slyakin said:
Ssx9 said:
Slyakin said:
Waflix said:
This looks nice indeed. It sounds even better than the idea of the WiiU. You buy a handheld that you can use as a a handheld and a controller for a console. Good luck, Nintendo!
Yeah, let's make the consumer buy a 250$ device to play some games.

Great logic there, buddy.
Actually, his logic makes a lot of sense.

PS Vita is a portable. You don't need the PS3 on to play games on it (Unless you're playing a PS3 game in display mode.)
I just don't see the point in buying a 250$ device to play games from the PS3 on it. Scaled down, even.

Alone, the PSV is a great device. But to only buy it for the streaming is really pointless.

I never said you should buy a PSV as a PS3 controller only, I even think that would be ridiculous. I just complimented Sony on the idea of a handheld that is a controller for a console (like the WiiU controller)(so you can use it for PS3 games) and a handheld (so you can play PSV games with it).

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Waflix said:
I never said you should buy a PSV as a PS3 controller only, I even think that would be ridiculous. I just complimented Sony on the idea of a handheld that is a controller for a console (like the WiiU controller)(so you can use it for PS3 games) and a handheld (so you can play PSV games with it).
Oh... I completely mis-read your post. Sorry!

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand why people are being so hateful and ignorant about PSV...

Example:
Centrix said:
Actually no it really won't be a serious threat the two systems are fundamentally different...The Wii U can use the controller to play Wii U and Wii games while some one watches a movie or TV, The shitty Vita cannot. Just off topic every video I've seen where people try to use the back touch screen of the Vita looks okward and hard and could strain your hands and fingers. I mean think about it for a min, sure it looks good in photos but when you actually use the back touch screen well seems a bit off to me and just a plain out weird design choice.

I'm not hating just pointing out the facts! I own a PSP Go and Slim 2000 and a 3DS and Wii so I'll probably be getting Vita down the road once the price comes down, like the 3DS it will suffer in sales due to the high price point!
1. Yes the Vita can display PS3 games on its screen.
2. Many journalists who've had their hands on the Vita say it actually feels natural to use the touch pad. Looks aren't everything. Besides, how can rubbing the back of the console strain your hands/fingers?
3. What facts?

Also, in the other thread, somebody was denying that the PSP had a certain feature to do with the PS3 (even saying the Wikipedia page on it was fake), and was being unnecessarily hateful towards Sony. And it doesn't make sense why you're complaining about the "high" cost when it had incredibly positive feedback when they announced the price. Do you not realize that the PSV's specs are much higher than any of the other mobile devices at that price?

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh wow, Sony copying Nintendo again...

rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, And you too :) +1