nolemretaW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi,
What are safe temperatures for a fat PS3?
Currently webMAN is set to auto at 70C to 25% - 50% fan speed. The problem is that CPU reaches this value very quickly, and fans ramp up to 40% - 50% for pretty much the entire session. I've been thinking about increasing the auto temperature to 80C and lowering max fan speed to 35%. Thermal paste was replaced around 3 years ago to Arctic MX-4 paste.

NiQ1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hi,
What are safe temperatures for a fat PS3?
Currently webMAN is set to auto at 70C to 25% - 50% fan speed. The problem is that CPU reaches this value very quickly, and fans ramp up to 40% - 50% for pretty much the entire session. I've been thinking about increasing the auto temperature to 80C and lowering max fan speed to 35%. Thermal paste was replaced around 3 years ago to Arctic MX-4 paste.
Maybe the thermal paste was not applied properly then. Maybe there are air bubbles.
Generally if the temperature is set to the default (68 degrees) then fans shouldn't reach 40%.

nolemretaW

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe the thermal paste was not applied properly then. Maybe there are air bubbles.
Generally if the temperature is set to the default (68 degrees) then fans shouldn't reach 40%.
It's applied correctly last time I checked, and console doesn't have any dust.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ok then lets better switch to another topic... How are you?