Hacking Homebrew Should I use Devnol's Homebrew Channel 1.1.5?

KirbyBot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So, I was updating stuff in my Wii and vWii, then I decided to use ModMii to update some more stuff, but while it was downloading stuff, I noticed it downloaded HBC 1.1.5, so I was very confused as there was only up to 1.1.4, I even checked the wiki again. Then after some research I found out it was made by a guy named Devnol and it's on GitHub, so I'd like to know if it's recommended to use this one instead 1.1.4 or not (for the vWii, the creator itself said he recommends 1.1.4, but what about the Wii?). Thanks in advance!! :)

1.1.5.jpg

Reactions: BuddhaHunterMac

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk, the release notes seem pretty clear. the only reason for this 1.1.5 is to change the title id back to "LULZ" if you need compatibility with homebrew that expects homebrew channel you have LULZ title id.

this 1.1.5 is kind of not really 1.1.5 also, because they dont even implement any of the features from fix94's 1.1.4

it doesnt seem like it will do any harm using this though, it's identical to failoverflow's official hbc and the only difference is LULZ title id instead of OHBC. so unless the title id bothers you, you can probably just leave it

(idk if the widescreen thing for LULZ title id was fixed already by now, but wii dont output true widescreen anyway so I think that issue only affects vWii?)

KirbyBot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
idk, the release notes seem pretty clear. the only reason for this 1.1.5 is to change the title id back to "LULZ" if you need compatibility with homebrew that expects homebrew channel you have LULZ title id.

this 1.1.5 is kind of not really 1.1.5 also, because they dont even implement any of the features from fix94's 1.1.4

it doesnt seem like it will do any harm using this though, it's identical to failoverflow's official hbc and the only difference is LULZ title id instead of OHBC. so unless the title id bothers you, you can probably just leave it

(idk if the widescreen thing for LULZ title id was fixed already by now, but wii dont output true widescreen anyway so I think that issue only affects vWii?)
Do you know which important apps use the old title id so I see if it's worth loosing some features from 1.1.4 to get some apps that are compatible only with the old title id?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
1.1.2 and 1.1.5 are basically the same, the latter is installed in wad form and the former using the hackmii installer.

1.1.3 and 1.1.4 have title ID OHBC and improvements that only apply to vWii on the WiiU. 1.1.3 is used by the WiiU compat installer as 1.1.4 sometimes crashes; recently we determined the crashing on 1.1.4 occurs if apps contain a messed up meta.xml containing a nul byte at the end (or I suppose anywhere), easily fixable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P