Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Yuzu and Ryujinx emulators, it must be a NSP, not NSZ, but you can use an app called SAK (Swiss Army Knife) to decompress them on pc to a NSP. Also some older installers on Switch will not install NSZ, only XCI or NSP, but most newer installers do NSZ.
Just out of curiosity is there any chance that the compression and uncompression of the file could lead to some sort of damage that makes the NSP file vulnerable to issues when played on ryujinx?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just out of curiosity is there any chance that the compression and uncompression of the file could lead to some sort of damage that makes the NSP file vulnerable to issues when played on ryujinx?
It's lossless compression. You can recreate the NSP exactly as it was before compression. You can read more about the tool here.

Reactions: Prior22 and BigOnYa

Serhii

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,
Recently have installed mod chip RP2040 in my switch lite but before I updated my OFW to 18.0.1
Now I'm trying to launch emummc but not successfully - unknown pkg1 version. HOS version not supported or emummc corrupt. Don't know what to do, I already tried to update Hekate and Atmosphere but I have latest versions.
Actions taken:
HATS pack installed
SD partition
emummc created
If anyone can help I would be very grateful!

Attachments

• photo_2024-05-18_08-27-47.jpg
    photo_2024-05-18_08-27-47.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 2

thepussyvanished

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I think about it, I really kinda just wanna restart my switch from scratch. Any way to do that? It has the Picofly Mod chip installed. I just wanna manually download everything myself starting from scratch though using the Rentry guide. I'd rather get to know everything firsthand so that way when any problems come up, I know fully what Im doing.

BIGBOSS100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using exFAT or FAT32 as a file system on your SD card?
I am using fat32. I inserted another sd card from another switch that has atmosphere just to see what would happen, and it didn't reboot at all. I couldn't use the card because it was linked to another switch, but when I tried to connect to the internet it rebooted with the error message.

Last edited by BIGBOSS100,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now that I think about it, I really kinda just wanna restart my switch from scratch. Any way to do that? It has the Picofly Mod chip installed. I just wanna manually download everything myself starting from scratch though using the Rentry guide. I'd rather get to know everything firsthand so that way when any problems come up, I know fully what Im doing.
The CFW and everything related is on the SD card. If you don't care about installed games, you could just reformat it (FAT32) and start from scratch following the guide. I would backup my game saves with JKSV or DBI first, though. Don't skip the important first step of the NAND backup. Keep it in a safe place on your computer.

Switchoslav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Rentry.org Switch guide is pretty straightforward, but doesn't really go too much into details.
NH Switch guide, however, is pretty detailed but doesn't mention updating sigpatches anywhere, which is required for game backups to work.

Just re-read what I've posted here and you should be good. (I've updated the post with the links to make it a bit easier for you.)

They should work after update, but there's always a chance that one or two will stop working. Check here if you run into problems.

As @Dust2dust said, better stick to doing it manually unless you know what you're doing. It'll be much easier for you to troubleshoot issues in the future should I run into one.

Just to notify you that I managed to update both CFW and FW with your instructions. It took a while because didn't have time to do it but it was actually really straightforward just like you said.

Thanks again.

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im on firmware version 18.0.0 and want to update to 18.0.1 to play Paper Mario when released. Is there anything I need to be aware of when updating as there always seems to be some issue with config

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Im on firmware version 18.0.0 and want to update to 18.0.1 to play Paper Mario when released. Is there anything I need to be aware of when updating as there always seems to be some issue with config
As far as I'm aware of, nope. If you're using sigpatches, make sure to update them. Otherwise, if you're using sys-patch, you should be good to go.

Reactions: ChokingVictim87

Ghoul43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey hey people.
I have a Switch v2.
Atmosphere 1.7.0|E
Firmware: 16.0.1
Mariko revision
Kefir: 734

So I had I've had Kefir 728 and decided to update it to 734. Which I did but after mandatory reset, Wi-fi stopped working for me. It can connect to a Network device, but not to the internet.
Not my router or my phone acting like an access point.
Help, pls.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey hey people.
I have a Switch v2.
Atmosphere 1.7.0|E
Firmware: 16.0.1
Mariko revision
Kefir: 734

So I had I've had Kefir 728 and decided to update it to 734. Which I did but after mandatory reset, Wi-fi stopped working for me. It can connect to a Network device, but not to the internet.
Not my router or my phone acting like an access point.
Help, pls.

You can try vanilla atmosphere see if the problem is with kefir.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd be pretty surprised if Paper Mario needed 18.0.1. I think you're good to go with 18.0.0. When you get the game, install it and see for yourself.

kyrusdemnati

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i want to reboot my switch v1 from beginning. i updated the firmware via daybreak and now its not booting up, i can't even get into hekate. i tried manually uploading Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.7.0p-cfw-18.0.1 etc but it doesn't still work

when i could get into hekate, it brought me this error

"

Error while loading fss0: atmosphere/package 3 Wrong ini cfg or missing/corrupt files! Failed to launch HOS"​

this error however is not coming up now and i can't even boot the payloader (rcm loader i have) but its not booting up stock ofw either - just a black screen

how can i reset / restart from the beginning ? i dont mind if i lose my games/save content etc

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to reboot my switch v1 from beginning. i updated the firmware via daybreak and now its not booting up, i can't even get into hekate. i tried manually uploading Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.7.0p-cfw-18.0.1 etc but it doesn't still work

when i could get into hekate, it brought me this error

"

Error while loading fss0: atmosphere/package 3 Wrong ini cfg or missing/corrupt files! Failed to launch HOS"​

this error however is not coming up now and i can't even boot the payloader (rcm loader i have) but its not booting up stock ofw either - just a black screen

how can i reset / restart from the beginning ? i dont mind if i lose my games/save content etc

Check your hekate_ipl

LouCifer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey guys, i bet this question has been asked a million times here but i hacked my Switch back in 2018 and just updated the CFW a few times after that. There has been a lot of new methods that came out over the years and i saw that its possible to have a clean stock FW to play online and a CFW launchable on the same switch and still be relatively safe. I still got my backup from 2018 before i hacked my switch and checked the burnt fuses that shows 8 burnt (6.2.0).

Does anyone know how to set this up in the safest way possible?

Last edited by LouCifer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P