Can a "Wolf Link CARD" be "upgraded" as the official figure through TPHD?

Alxandr13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As tittle say: can a ntag215 card/sticker with a stock/not modded Wolf Link amiibo bin file be used while playing TPHD and store save/receive more hearts through quest progression for later use in BoTW?

For the record: i never touched amiibo functions before, but i'm in the middle of a ToTK run and ordered some tags to write and try on it since they are easier to find and manage now, so am planning to jump back and replay the WiiU Zeldas with it too at some point, and think would be fine to play TP first and upgrade the Wolfie myself for my new BoTW run (in a matter of curiosity: that was the order i've done it originally back in 2018 when first jumped into the brand new and bigger Link adventure at the time, but as mentioned: not even considered amiibos due to its difficulty to find where i live and/or price).

Just don't know if this would be a thing without the BigN console-costing-figure-with-a-dollar-chip, so i'm asking before start to writing my tags to better plan them.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As tittle say: can a ntag215 card/sticker with a stock/not modded Wolf Link amiibo bin file be used while playing TPHD and store save/receive more hearts through quest progression for later use in BoTW?

For the record: i never touched amiibo functions before, but i'm in the middle of a ToTK run and ordered some tags to write and try on it since they are easier to find and manage now, so am planning to jump back and replay the WiiU Zeldas with it too at some point, and think would be fine to play TP first and upgrade the Wolfie myself for my new BoTW run (in a matter of curiosity: that was the order i've done it originally back in 2018 when first jumped into the brand new and bigger Link adventure at the time, but as mentioned: not even considered amiibos due to its difficulty to find where i live and/or price).

Just don't know if this would be a thing without the BigN console-costing-figure-with-a-dollar-chip, so i'm asking before start to writing my tags to better plan them.
Howdy. Amiibo addict here. I have the actual Wolf Link amiibo as well as a tag assigned to said amiibo. As long as the tag has read-write functionality it should be able to store data on it. I don't know for sure, as I haven't done that specific thing before, but I do know that NFC tags can usually store data as well as read data. 100% agree that amiibos are way too expensive nowadays. Tags are the way to go for functionality and I've had no problems using them before.
Cheers!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

NTAG215 tags are identical to those inside Amiibo, the only difference is they haven't been written to yet so you can write anything you want to them. They have a read only (write once) section which stores the Amiibo type and a rewritable section which stores the nickname and some other things (like the hearts on the Wolf Link amiibo)
The rewritable section works just like a real Amiibo, so anything a real Amiibo can do can also be done with a NTAG215.
You can also find Amiibo bins that already have 20 hearts so you don't have to play through the TPHD dungeon to get them.

Alxandr13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That was quick. Thanks for answering, Aden and Jdbye!

I heard about tags having the capacity of being rewritten; already used some for other applications and even use something similar daily, since public transport here use encrypted NFC cards to store the tickets for buses and metro.

I just got the doubt since, when reading material about writting amiibo files with tagmo, it's stated that the tag need to be be closed or the consoles wouldn't recognise it as an amiibo, but being as Jdbye said, so i'm more confident.

BTW: i knew that i can already write the amiibo with max hearts (even got the files for both, maxed and stock wolfie), but the fun really would be get it myself - or at least far than my skill could get - when playing the previous game since i'll be on it again before of BoTW. But thanks anyway for the tips and good gaming for you all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu