Others Can you use ED64 to flash Action Replay Professional (N64)

Spider_Man

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says, seems not paying attention when inserting game carts to find what boot mode my action replay professional was on (not been used in years) I may have accidently grabbed my ED64 cart and inserted it into my AR PRO.....

At first I thought nothing of it, saw some text saying checking bios ect and all was green saying pass, but now my AR PRO won't boot at all, I have gone through my entire game collection and still wont boot.

Sometimes i get nothing on the front LED screen, sometimes I get the number 8.

Now looking, apparently it seems that not paying attention has cost me, inserting an ED64 cart into an AR PRO or GS will flash the cheat cartridge and kill it.

But reading some more i think its not exactly true what I read (apparently this feature ED put is was to screw AR/GS over), but I read the method to update your cheat cart was to insert another cheat cart and it will flash/update the other.

So I was wondering if there was a backup anywhere for AR PRO, could ED64 be used to restore it.

I know ED64 has GS cheat support - but it requires the expansion pack (for some reason) to enable cheats, so games like PD/DK64/Z:MM wont work nor would expansion pack resolution modes work.

I also have an Xplorer64 (not made this mistake with) but that thing is a nightmare when it comes to trying to change boot modes to and from games and it takes me absolutely ages to switch from one mode to another.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are yall doing +1