Misc GBA Emulator Having a weird issue with NSO local multiplayer between 2 Switches

microbob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 switches, one switch lite and a V2. I have NSO GBA set up for both and was testing the link functionality. However, when I set the switch lite as the host, V2 can see it but will get a "Failed to join" notification. When I set V2 as host, lite can see and join without issue. I have tried resetting both switches, turning airplane mode on, using only WIFI. Switch lite does not work as the host in NSO. Switch lite is on emuNAND while V2 is sysNAND. If it makes any other difference, Switch Lite has overlays while V2 does not. Both are on the same WIFI network.

Edit: I tested it on Mario Kart 8 just now and the same issue happens. V2 cannot join the Lite if the Lite is the host. Lite can join V2 if V2 is the host.

Last edited by microbob,
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have 2 switches, one switch lite and a V2. I have NSO GBA set up for both and was testing the link functionality. However, when I set the switch lite as the host, V2 can see it but will get a "Failed to join" notification. When I set V2 as host, lite can see and join without issue. I have tried resetting both switches, turning airplane mode on, using only WIFI. Switch lite does not work as the host in NSO. Switch lite is on emuNAND while V2 is sysNAND. If it makes any other difference, Switch Lite has overlays while V2 does not. Both are on the same WIFI network.

Edit: I tested it on Mario Kart 8 just now and the same issue happens. V2 cannot join the Lite if the Lite is the host. Lite can join V2 if V2 is the host.

Dns settings are the same or different on both consoles?

Atmosphère's DnsMITM host files are there same?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +2
  • VXNlcm5hbWU @ VXNlcm5hbWU:
    Just had a pure banger of a sandwich there, was very nice
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what do you call a dog with no legs?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    A hot dog?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    doesn't matter what you call it, it won't come
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm having mince beef burgers with flat cheese and tomato sauce.
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: