Hacking Homebrew unsafe fork of ntrboot_flasher to restore some fake-killed / non-working DSTT flashcarts

NekoNoor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i just added a simple menu to it, that allows you to spoof what flashchip your cart has (to ntrboot_flasher) this will let you restore a DSTT-backup.bin if your cart shows up as flashchip id 0xffffffff or 0x0000000 etc. or you just want to try to restore/flash a dstt which for some reason was never supported by flashcart_core/ntrboot_flasher (this might be very unsafe! use at your own risk, in the case that your flashcart isn't working already, it can't really get worse obviously)

In the select flashcart menu, when you select DSTT, you can use left and right on the D-Pad to select what flashchip id you want to spoof, and then X to enable spoofing.

Find your flashchip in this file and select the corresponding flashchip id in the menu. if you don't know what flashchip your cart has, check under the sticker or just kinda guess.

It will then use those commands to interface with the flashcart rather than the "unsupported flashcart" error that would otherwise show up. You can use this to restore a DSTT-backup.bin from gbatemp/flashcart archive/your own backup.

it allowed me to restore my previously non-working DSTT with flashchip MX29LV400BTI-70, that was showing up in ntrboot_flasher as 0xffffffff and thus giving me an "unsupported flashcart" error. after restoring the backup, it now shows up as 0xbac2 (which apparently is the most common type of flashchip used on the dstt)

release URL: https://github.com/NekoNoor/ntrboot_flasher/releases/tag/0.5.1-unsafe

(you need the .firm file, just chainload it with luma/fastboot3ds or open it with godmode9)

yes i know the code is bad, i used global variables, i should probably have made some functions to get/set the spoofed flashchip id but i couldn't be bothered, so i did it this way. there is not a lot of code edited, so other than maybe being able to brick a working cart if you try and write to it with wrong commands, i don't see how anything could go catastrophically wrong.

Last edited by NekoNoor,
Reactions: TheStonedModder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu