What systems do you prefer playing on actual hardware?

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LMAO! You do not need bluetooth drivers to use a sensor bar with Dolphin. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

P.S. Learn how to do a proper search. Not my fault you can't figure this shit out. it's been explained over and over and over, yet you still insist it's $30 for a sensor bar and that you need drivers to use it. LOLOL! Talk about dense.
you 100% didn't read my reply if you still said i say i needed bluetooth drivers for the sensor bar

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you 100% didn't read my reply if you still said i say i needed bluetooth drivers for the sensor bar

I 100% did read it. But okay, you got me on that one and caught me misreading what you stated. At least I can admit it. So what's your excuse for everything else that was pointed out?

Regardless, you still don't need to use an "untrusted bluetooth driver" to use the Wii Remotes unless you're going to use BT Passthrough, it's still not "unnecessarily complicated", it's still not "costy", it's still okay that you prefer to use the original hardware, you still lied and moved your goal posts, you still created straw men arguments, and most of what you said is still complete bs. :lol:

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like saving people money, if anyone is reading this thread wants a USB PC Wii "sensor" bar for cheap they seem to run about 6 bucks after shipping on aliexpress. Although with enough digging probably could find one for like 2 bucks with free shipping? I didn't spend much time looking.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...hrUi1tO0&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from:

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like saving people money, if anyone is reading this thread wants a USB PC Wii "sensor" bar for cheap they seem to run about 6 bucks after shipping on aliexpress. Although with enough digging probably could find one for like 2 bucks with free shipping? I didn't spend much time looking.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806188819499.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.1.5bf969c0wYVGPG&algo_pvid=791ac29e-051b-4468-b045-ed0943f4b013&algo_exp_id=791ac29e-051b-4468-b045-ed0943f4b013-0&pdp_npi=4@dis!USD!7.92!2.45!!!56.83!17.62!@2103011417150031960597691e5560!12000036946263775!sea!US!191740433!&curPageLogUid=jkhbhrUi1tO0&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from:
see, this could have easily been linked instead of someone throwing a fit and accusing me of manipulating searches, thank you.

even if aliexpress isn't my first choice since i've only gotten like a 50% success rate at actually receiving the item i paid for

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
see, this could have easily been linked instead of someone throwing a fit and accusing me of manipulating searches, thank you.

even if aliexpress isn't my first choice since i've only gotten like a 50% success rate at actually receiving the item i paid for

So you thumbs up their post telling you you can get them for cheap, but you accuse me of living in some fantasy land where they are less than $30? LMFAO! How pathetic. I didn''t link to cheaper ones for you on Amazon because I wasn't about to hold your ignorant hand after getting accused of lying. Turns out I was right and you were wrong. Why is it so difficult to admit your own mistakes and why do you keep acting like it's my fault that you were wrong? Weird, but shrug. Now piss off with your gaslighting nonsense acting like I did something wrong and was the one to make shit up.

• Haha
Reactions: Latiodile

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My success rate with aliexpress is higher, but not perfect. Only once I never received something I ordered. But it was so cheap (like a couple of bucks) that I never bothered to ask for a refund. I did ask for refund for previous orders I didn't get on time, and they refunded without any problems, no questions asked. Then I received the items a few weeks later, so basically got them for free. You just need to be extra patient to receive your stuff, we're talking 3 or 4 months.

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Anything with a gimmick that is hard/inconvenient to recreate on PC. Like the (3)DS line or the Wii U. I know i can use my mouse as the touch input, but i'd much rather use something more faithful.

Plus Citra can't play Fire Emblem too well, and that's a bit of an issue lol.

Reactions: 4d1xlaan

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My success rate with aliexpress is higher, but not perfect. Only once I never received something I ordered. But it was so cheap (like a couple of bucks) that I never bothered to ask for a refund. I did ask for refund for previous orders I didn't get on time, and they refunded without any problems, no questions asked. Then I received the items a few weeks later, so basically got them for free. You just need to be extra patient to receive your stuff, we're talking 3 or 4 months.
pretty much everything that's failed to arrive either... never arrived, or the most recent example is that it reached the shipping depot, and then was sent back to the seller and was just stuck there perpetually, not being resent

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Latiodile So nothing then? Just laughter? No rebuttal? Gotcha. But that's a sign of someone not having a leg to stand on to further their case. Let me guess, you're one of those people who say things like "I'm 99% positive that there are no sensor bars for under $30!!!". But then when you get proven wrong you say "No. I wasn't wrong!!! I said 99% positive, so that left me with a 1% chance of still being wrong about it!!!" :rofl:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just handhelds, generally.
I have 2 modded DMG Game Boys with EZFlash Jr's, planning on modding my OG GBA and maybe my GBC as well.

It's not convenient for me to play home console games on original hardware, I don't have the space to keep them all hooked up. I also don't have them modded for high quality video output. But that's not a problem with handhelds.

DS/3DS work best on original hardware, since they're designed for touchscreen and dual screens. I never liked playing those in emulator, even though they look much better in emulator these days with the option of increasing render resolution, they look weird and they don't control right.
GB/GBC just look better on a smaller screen. They look very blocky on a larger screen, and they don't fill the screen. Not that I mind that too much, sometimes I'll play on an emulator if I can't be bothered to grab a Game Boy.
GBA kinda looks fine on a larger screen and mostly fills up the screen, so I don't have any preference. I mostly played GBA on emulators growing up, other than Pokemon R/S, simply out of necessity since I didn't own many GBA games and flashcarts were unobtainium.

8-bit/16-bit home consoles work just as well on original hardware (with RGB output) and emulator, but since many of the games don't have saving and some don't even have a password system, being able to use savestates in an emulator is a huge pro, since I don't usually play through the entire game in one sitting, so I prefer playing them on emulator.
3D home consoles are best played on emulator (except for the ones that don't yet have good emulators). That includes the Switch, which benefits more than most other consoles due to how poorly some games run on real hardware. Increased render resolution by itself only makes a small difference on N64 and PSX, but makes a big difference on GC and Wii, and texture packs (for the games that have them) can make a big difference. N64 is also the hardest to get good quality video output from, and the analog sticks are problematic, so getting the most out of original hardware is a pain and it just looks bad on modern TVs otherwise.

I do miss playing console games on original hardware, but I'm not willing to live with all the drawbacks and I simply don't have the space. Maybe eventually I'll get a MiSTer MultiSystem, seems like the closest thing to real hardware without all the drawbacks. They aren't cheap, though. And you can't play real cartridges on it. Not something I would likely do often, but still, that's part of the charm of real hardware, so not having the option would suck. I really want a MiSTer with real cartridge slots and controller ports for at least SNES and N64 so I could use my original carts and controllers. I could always get adapters or modern wireless versions of the controllers, but that's an added cost, and there still isn't a good wireless recreation of the N64 controller other than the NSO one which was immediately bought out by scalpers and is now unobtainium.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pretty much everything that's failed to arrive either... never arrived, or the most recent example is that it reached the shipping depot, and then was sent back to the seller and was just stuck there perpetually, not being resent
In that situation, you just ask for a refund, and then order the same thing from another seller, preferably. Aliexpress will usually send an email to warn you of the refund period getting close to the end. It's almost risk free, to be honest.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's almost risk free, to be honest.

I think you meant to say "It's almost risk free that it will take 3-4 months to get your stuff & if it doesn't show up you'll have to wait another 3-4 months for the replacement order from another seller to hopefully show up, to be honest."

I'll personally never order from there again after my experiences. It's just not worth the possible 6-8+ month wait if something goes wrong. I'd rather pay a bit more than deal with that crap again.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you meant to say "It's almost risk free that it will take 3-4 months to get your stuff & if it doesn't show up you'll have to wait another 3-4 months for the replacement order from another seller to hopefully show up, to be honest."

I'll personally never order from there again after my experiences. It's just not worth the possible 6-8+ month wait if something goes wrong. I'd rather pay a bit more than deal with that crap again.
LOL, yeah, I get your point. Re-ordering means another 3 months of waiting. It's risk free as far as money is concerned, in my experience, but yes, never order something that you need ASAP.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as emulation goes, I am a huge fan of it. Nothing is perfect of course but depending on what you like it can be very fun. Having had a collection at one point of literally thousands of games for retro systems.... I found it so hard to dig out what I wanted to play and connect up the system and then pray all those years to decades old systems worked (I tended to buy multiple systems just for this purpose) then TV's got all HD and HDMI and keeping old CRT's around for the old stuff... It just got out of hand for me... hoarding lol

I changed my ways as emulation got better and eventually I just sold my lot for a crap ton of money.... Currently I do emulation on PC for the harder newer systems (lol nothing close to current gen) and a OCed Rasberry Pi 4b 8GB edition with like 350GB's worth of all the goodies on it, love reading the manuals and just remembering when they launched and remembering that at the time I couldn't afford systems like the NeoGeo or 3DO and really not getting to experience them very much. Now I can try them all and see what I was missing! Plus the systems I did own some games are so rare even I didn't know they existed! I love exploring translations and hacks and things that could not have existed back then, the MSU-1 on the SNES? Who needs a CD drive with that thing around lol

On the non emulated side I agree with people who say the harder systems to implement emulation on are ones I still own DS, 3DS, Wii and a few others :) About the only way I could see those being emulated in a good way would be in VR.... Maybe someone could make a Wii VR?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu