EZ-Flash Omega (Screwed up firmware and not booting)

kahogg2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I need some help as I've accidently mucked up my EZ-Flash Omega that I've owned for two years by installing the wrong firmware on it, and now it's not booting. I've tried making a recovery disk but I'm not even able to boot into safe mode to start the process. It's stuck on the Gameboy logo (no Nintendo logo at bottom of the screen).

Can anyone help?

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you have no other choice than binning it then maybe you could bring it back to life by reprogramming the spi chip (U3).

You'll need a programmer, soldering iron and a pc.

Falco1981

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If you have no other choice than binning it then maybe you could bring it back to life by reprogramming the spi chip (U3).

You'll need a programmer, soldering iron and a pc.
Hi, I have the same problem, in my case the U3 memory has completely died and I cannot read data from it at all.
Is there somewhere to get a complete memory dump? I found a thread on the forum, but it deals with combining data from the original memory, but I don't know how to get it in my case.
Thak you

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sorry bud, if you can't read the original eeprom then you're probably out of luck.
If I remember correctly, it contained a key to decrypt something from the FPGA, I don't remember how it went but something along those lines.

What did you use to read chip?

Falco1981

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Sorry bud, if you can't read the original eeprom then you're probably out of luck.
If I remember correctly, it contained a key to decrypt something from the FPGA, I don't remember how it went but something along those lines.

What did you use to read chip?

Using the dump M25P40_K1.09.BIN from the forum post "EZ-Flash Omega bricked?"
I found in the file ekkernel.bin the beginning of the firmware for the U3 memory and I was able to reconstruct the complete content.
After uploading to the new memory, the EZ-Flash card already works for me.

Attachments

• dump.7z
    229.8 KB · Views: 1

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Congrats on fixing it:grog:

So you didn't use any of the data from your original eeprom?
If you didn't use any of the original data, does writing and loading games from the NOR work?

Falco1981

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Congrats on fixing it:grog:

So you didn't use any of the data from your original eeprom?
If you didn't use any of the original data, does writing and loading games from the NOR work?
Yes I did not use any original data.
GB and GBC games work without problems.
I only have a problem with GBA games.
If I try to run them directly (CLEAN BOOT or BOOT WITH ADDON), the game gets stuck in the "LOADING GAME" black loading screen phase. If I use WRITE TO NOR CLEAN or WRITE TO NOR ADDON the game starts without any problems.
GBA loading.png

Last edited by Falco1981,
Reactions: Ozito

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 80 for us all that rain then mother nature's like have some sun burn