instinct nx or hwfly picofly rp 2040

Jowi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
During 3 days I've been gathering information about all the different modchips for nintendo switch in the market. I own a nintendo switch lite which i am willing to modchip. I've seen that there are various alternatives such as instinct nx (v6,v6s) and hwfly Picofly RP2040.

1. instinct nx v6 was made by the original hwfly group but its first batch with black PCB has some QC issues and also causes chipcrash and needs a reset when boot0/boot1 is updated on OFW updates. Software-wise is fully compatible with hwfly-nx firmware.

2. hwfly Picofly RP2040 uses its own firmware (open source) but may have issues with hynix/toshiba emmcs.

I would like to know how accurate the information i gathered is and what are your recommendations for long term use also if i have missed any pros or cons let me know.

Consoledestroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
forget about both and go for RP2040 Zero. 100ohm resistor on Dat0 and CMD, 47 Ohm on CLK and you will get a "bullet proof" hardmod. Made more than 100 installations and never had any trouble to solve.
Interesting comment, could you explain why you use 100 ohm resistors on Dat0 and CMD instead of 47 ohm like it's described in picofly guide ? I would like to know also if you use flex cpu cable or modding with Mosfet?

Is the reason of using the 100 ohm resistors is preventing this situation without the risk it may happen? :

If you have slow EMMC issues after putting everything
together, one possible reason is that you need two
additional resistors, one each on CMD and DAT0, like
below, for a total of 94 ohms on each line:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users