Hardware NINTENDO 3DS..confirmed by reggie!!!!

supervenice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from kotaku-----

"Dispelling any doubt over the significance of the upcoming 3DS, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime has told BusinessWeek that the console is the company's "next handheld platform".

"We have ideas of what we want to bring to the consumer that we can't do with the current DS model", he said. "The Nintendo 3DS for us is our next handheld platform."

While this seemed likely given the fact that DS support for the 3DS has been described as "backwards compatability", this is the first official confirmation we've had that the 3DS will indeed be an all-new handheld generation, making it Nintendo's fourth after the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS.

The world will get its first look at the 3DS in June, during the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles."

supervenice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its super official then....gotta save some dollars---good thing its summer
yaynds.gif

nintyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok this may sound odd and alot of you may not share my concern. but as you may or may not know people with one eye usually cannot see in 3d as 3d generally needs both eyes (with glasses) im just wondering are there any other one eyed gamers out there that are concerned the 3ds wont work for them? if it doesnt work i will be super pissed. i emailed nintendo and the reply i got was.

While you have a couple of really good questions, we don't have access to the type of details you're inquiring about for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS. I will, however, add your concerns about how the 3D features may work for those with vision limitations to the record of feedback for this new system.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
nintyfreak said:
Ok this may sound odd and alot of you may not share my concern. but as you may or may not know people with one eye usually cannot see in 3d as 3d generally needs both eyes (with glasses) im just wondering are there any other one eyed gamers out there that are concerned the 3ds wont work for them? if it doesnt work i will be super pissed. i emailed nintendo and the reply i got was.

While you have a couple of really good questions, we don't have access to the type of details you're inquiring about for the upcoming Nintendo 3DS. I will, however, add your concerns about how the 3D features may work for those with vision limitations to the record of feedback for this new system.

Man, that WOULD suck =/

Sorry to bring it to you like this, in the harshest, but most honest manner, but it just will NOT work for you.

The 3d basically rapidly sends different angle views to both eyes to imitate real 3d, if you only have one eye, it will be like any other screen.

That said, something happening to damage your eye seems like the most horrible thing to me besides drowning =/

nintyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saddamsdevil said:
nintyfreak said:

Man, that WOULD suck =/

Sorry to bring it to you like this, in the harshest, but most honest manner, but it just will NOT work for you.

The 3d basically rapidly sends different angle views to both eyes to imitate real 3d, if you only have one eye, it will be like any other screen.

That said, something happening to damage your eye seems like the most horrible thing to me besides drowning =/

tell me about it. im so annoyed that everythings going 3d now. lol

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nintyfreak said:
Saddamsdevil said:
nintyfreak said:

Man, that WOULD suck =/

Don't worry man, I think the whole 3D thing is just a fad and it will pass, though of course the new console will have some 3D games - mostly on release; however, I think most will just be the same as current DS games so you will have no problems!

I do not like 3D films and the likes personally anyway.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
nintyfreak said:
I am most annoyed at the Nintendo representative apparently not being honest with you while you have real concerns.

nintyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saddamsdevil said:
nintyfreak said:
I am most annoyed at the Nintendo representative apparently not being honest with you while you have real concerns.

I know right. its revealed in like 2 months and hes telling me theyve not even tested it once lol, i thought that odd but then i thought screw it i will just have to wait.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
nintyfreak said:
Saddamsdevil said:
nintyfreak said:

I know right. its revealed in like 2 months and hes telling me theyve not even tested it once lol, i thought that odd but then i thought screw it i will just have to wait.

On the other hand, they might be concerned about information leaking out. The 3d screens haven't been confirmed officially yet right?

nintyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know its almost certain it wont work but i mean how often is it we get 3d with no glasses? i know the glasses dont work for me but no glasses
unsure.gif
im a hoper thats for sure.

And i bet 100% the ninty rep doesnt mention my concerns lol i will be shocked if its brought up at e3

GTAMAN1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
i watched avatar-it looked great, but the plot was awful, like a cheese on a toast. therefore it matters not the 3d, it matters the game. as long as i get bubble pop, i will be happy.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
nintyfreak said:
Ok this may sound odd and alot of you may not share my concern. but as you may or may not know people with one eye usually cannot see in 3d as 3d generally needs both eyes (with glasses) im just wondering are there any other one eyed gamers out there that are concerned the 3ds wont work for them? if it doesnt work i will be super pissed.

I've not got full vision in my right eye and I sometimes have difficulty with 3D stuff. But I'm sorry to tell you that with one eye you don't even see real life in 3D so there's not way to actually give you true three dimensional image. Head tracking would probably be the best way of creating an illusion of 3D space through only one eye though, so I'd cross your fingers that it involves that - but that would require you to be moving the console or your head for some reason whilst playing and only looking through the "window" of the screen to objects further away, rather than the impression of objects actually appearing to come out of the screen towards you as well.

nintyfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
nintyfreak said:
Ok this may sound odd and alot of you may not share my concern. but as you may or may not know people with one eye usually cannot see in 3d as 3d generally needs both eyes (with glasses) im just wondering are there any other one eyed gamers out there that are concerned the 3ds wont work for them? if it doesnt work i will be super pissed.

I've not got full vision in my right eye and I sometimes have difficulty with 3D stuff. But I'm sorry to tell you that with one eye you don't even see real life in 3D so there's not way to actually give you true three dimensional image.

well i dont literally only have 1 eye. just very poor vision in my left and its not correctly lined up.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintyfreak said:

I'm one of those people. That's why I hope the 3D they use will be like that DSi vid with the 3D. But it will probably be those special screens that I won't be able to use.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
nintyfreak said:

I'm one of those people. That's why I hope the 3D they use will be like that DSi vid with the 3D. But it will probably be those special screens that I won't be able to use.

I am unable to see in 3D as well as I have zero depth perception (which explains why I sucked at art and why my teacher yelled at me for not drawing/painting in 3D). Supposedly people with Dyslexia have no depth perception, which would explain a lot since I am dyslexic as well. I was kinda hoping that Nintendo would spend a year or two on more DSi exclusive games since I was only interested in one of them (and yet I've been too poor to buy it), but I guess that's too much to ask for.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just happen to be blind in one eye......used to see with 20/10 in both eyes. After the accident in 1991, I have no lens or iris in my right eye, rendering me legally blind in that eye. I CAN see out of it, but there is no focus or light-filtering. A point of light appears to me like a meteor streaking from right to left with a short tail in that eye.

The DSi 3D demo would still work for me, but some magical screens that create a 3D illusion will not.

Just thought I'd elaborate on that a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was maybe funny the third or fourth time companies did it +1