Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Peelbash said:
Could it work like this?
But with the whole thing in full motion? I'd suspect that all the frames needed would be too much, but I don't know about this stuff.

That is soo cool but I think I would puke if I saw a Charmander or something wobbling like that.

jakobs98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought they named it 3DS because it would have better 3D compability.
Making anything 3D without using 3D glasses won't end up with good quality yet.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jakobs98 said:
You didn't read the .pdf form nintendo did you?
dry.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
The main things I'd be interested in are firstly how strict you have to be about where you position it in relation to your eyes to get the 3D effect, how weell the effects works for me (One of my eyes is weaker then the other and those old style red/green glasses didn;t really work for me, although the newer polarised ones are better) and also how they'll take screenshots of the games for reviews etc.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Delta517 said:
aircar.jpg

smile.gif

I haven't seen one of those in ages, by which I mean not one of the stereograms that look like that. I have seen some other ones, but basically real pictures, not patterns
biggrin.gif
I saw a racing car too.

QUOTE(Rydian @ Apr 12 2010, 07:22 PM) I love stereograms or whatever they're called.
Yup, stereograms. I love them too.

With these, the cross-eyed trick works, but blurring your eyes (almost the opposite) works too. Crossing your eyes makes the shape appear indented, while blurring it together the other way allows it to pop out.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ProtoKun7 said:
I haven't seen one of those in ages, by which I mean not one of the stereograms that look like that. I have seen some other ones, but basically real pictures, not patterns
biggrin.gif
I saw a racing car too.

Looks more like a space-race car
biggrin.gif
the wheels looks like jet.. things...
tongue.gif

Edit:

QUOTE(Peelbash @ Apr 9 2010, 03:07 AM) Could it work like this?
But with the whole thing in full motion? I'd suspect that all the frames needed would be too much, but I don't know about this stuff.

That's how some of the glasses-3d-things works actually. the images moves like that, but 100 frames per second (for 50Hz, 120 for 60 Hz of course), and then you have shutter glasses so that one of the images shows on the left eye, and the right eye turns black, then it shifts so that the right is see-through and the left is black... works awesomely! the trickiest part is to sync the glasses to the display output, but can be made with a little device. (this'd be able to make a ps3 3d without buying a new tv, if you just have a 100Hz tv of course)

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SoulSnatcher said:
Doesn't work for me.
I tried for 15 minutes. The two black circles wouldn't come together no matter how I focused my eyes.
mad.gif

To make the "cross-eye" thing more easier, just pretend you're looking through it... That's how I figured it out
biggrin.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
snico1995 said:
davidsl_128 said:
Man I have never been able to do that cross-eye thing...

Etkar.H said:
This is weird! How? The only way I know about 3D movies without glasses is the ''cross-eye'' trick!
Here it shows that it's possible, and here it explains in detail how this kind of screen works. It's pretty simple, and yet it's genius!

uhhh according to that for the 3d mode your gonna have to be like an exact distance from the screen and other people cant watch you play...i have a feeling im gonna end up being on 2d mode alot of the time
No, if you are too far away from the screen then it won't be 3d doesn't matter if your too close.

QUOTE(Prime_Zero @ Apr 6 2010, 06:08 PM)
Why are people still posting about the 3Ds when nintendo has already said it was a april fools joke and that they are not even going to be making any 3D consuls?
mellow.gif

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I missed reading something some where, but have they said it was going to be the type of 3D that uses glasses. What if they ment its going to be hardcore 3D graphics hardware or something?
mellow.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jakobs98 said:
Um...

Keep in mind that in the 3D effect won't show properly in the video. It doesn't need glasses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, it was maybe funny the third or fourth time companies did it +1