Hardware Nvidia Tegra chip to be used in 3DS?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
So the 3DS, a Nintendo handheld, would be as powerful as the PSP? That's fishy... when you think about it, it's Nintendo we're talking about... it's more likely that they put the tegra on the next Wii than on a handheld
unsure.gif

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
davidsl_128 said:
So the 3DS, a Nintendo handheld, would be as powerful as the PSP? That's fishy... when you think about it, it's Nintendo we're talking about... it's more likely that they put the tegra on the next Wii than on a handheld
unsure.gif
Theres no reason not to put the tegra in, since it's a mobile chip.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Saddamsdevil said:
davidsl_128 said:
unsure.gif
Theres no reason not to put the tegra in, since it's a mobile chip.
And, it's supposed to have a really low powerconsumption. All the more reason to put in in the 3DS.

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
Berthenk said:
Might? We probably will see N64 emulation.
N64 emulation is not "oh, let's make an n64 emulator. we have an intel core i7 mobile & nvidia quadro in our console so it'll emulate n64 perfectly and emulator will be ready in next few days.". Good hardware isn't enough - even i7 & quadro can't emulate N64 perfectly. Good hardware isn't enough, you must have some really good coders, too. N64 emulation is a bitch, because N64 uses really different architecture. Even the best N64 emulator's compatibiliy is far from even 99%.

C2B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
popoffka said:
Berthenk said:
N64 emulation is not "oh, let's make an n64 emulator. we have an intel core i7 mobile & nvidia quadro in our console so it'll emulate n64 perfectly and emulator will be ready in next few days.". Good hardware isn't enough - even i7 & quadro can't emulate N64 perfectly. Good hardware isn't enough, you must have some really good coders, too. N64 emulation is a bitch, because N64 uses really different architecture. Even the best N64 emulator's compatibiliy is far from even 99%.

Wait what? Sure it can.

Quadro and I7 has nothing to do with it since most emulators use only 1 core in N64 emulation. Besides any PC over 2 GHZ is good to go for any n64 game. Occasional slowdowns from the ORIGINAL console are naturally still there since that comes with accurate emulation. Nothing to do about it expect hack it in but that only causes problems.

The only problem with N64 emulation today is mostly in some weird coded games which has effect's that are really hard to emulate. (Part of the reason Mario Tennis still looks like a mess) and overall weirdness that probably only goes away with more accurat emulation. *hust* "Rogue Squadron" *hust*

And last but not least.......

It's NINTENDO. THEY HAVE ALL THE TECHNICAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE N64 LYING AROUND. THEY MADE IT.

That gives them a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle advantge in building one and optimizing it.
lecture.gif

That's though if were talking about an official emualtor like the VC ones.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
C2B said:
popoffka said:
Berthenk said:

Wait what? Sure it can.

Quadro and I7 has nothing to do with it since most emulators use only 1 core in N64 emulation. Besides any PC over 2 GHZ is good to go for any n64 game. Occasional slowdowns from the ORIGINAL console are naturally still there since that comes with accurate emulation. Nothing to do about it expect hack it in but that only causes problems.

The only problem with N64 emulation today is mostly in some weird coded games which has effect's that are really hard to emulate. (Part of the reason Mario Tennis still looks like a mess) and overall weirdness that probably only goes away with more accurat emulation. *hust* "Rogue Squadron" *hust*

It's NINTENDO. THEY HAVE ALL THE TECHNICAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE N64 LYING AROUND. THEY MADE IT.

That gives them a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle advantge in building one and optimizing it.
lecture.gif
1.Just because something is powerful doesn't mean it can emulate.He's trying to point out no one is too great of a coder to make a full 100% N64 emulator,for the PC,so how would a handheld work?

2.they don't support emulation,they HATE it.
They made an exception by doing VC,but thats not even emulation.So basically they won't buff 3DS unless they're making N64 VC(which they most likely won't)

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
popoffka said:
Did I say it was easy? I also said that we'd need the coders for it, however, I'm sure people would want to work on it.
As for 'Good hardware isn't enough', you're right about that, but as far as I know, I also included that in my post.

However, please remain on-topic. I'll try to do that...

Someone got any other cool hardware he/she/it wants to see in the 3DS?

C2B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
lolzed said:
C2B said:
popoffka said:
Berthenk said:

Wait what? Sure it can.

lecture.gif
1.Just because something is powerful doesn't mean it can emulate.He's trying to point out no one is too great of a coder to make a full 100% N64 emulator,for the PC,so how would a handheld work?

2.they don't support emulation,they HATE it.
They made an exception by doing VC,but thats not even emulation.So basically they won't buff 3DS unless they're making N64 VC(which they most likely won't)

1. Please read my statement. Then look up what emulation means. Please. Because this sentence: "Just because something is powerful doesn't mean it can emulate" is honestly bull. There's no difference if a hardware system is in a small case or a large box. It only differs (like every system) in it's architecture and power. There are always technical limitations, yes. But everything can work out if done right.

2. I strictly said at the end if nintendo does it. Nintendo has all the information on the architecture and tons of talented coders. They could pretty easy adapt it.

3. N64 emulation on vc is software based. To be even more honest. Already the GAMECUBE had N64 emulation fully proven by the master Quest rom. Which makes your entire argument..... -.-.

4. It's natural that it's harder for inoffical coders to do an emulator. They have to reverse engenieer a lot, have to find workarounds if they are not sure what's the correct way to emulate something etc.etc.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
He's trying to point out no one is too great of a coder to make a full 100% N64 emulator,for the PCThat's because we don't have all the info about the N64, what we do have is a result of reverse-engineering and lots of guessing.
Nintendo has all the info about it and can create a proper emulator with much, much less work.

QUOTE(lolzed @ Apr 5 2010, 04:50 AM) They made an exception by doing VC,but thats not even emulation.
VC is emulation.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
Nintendo has all the info about it and can create a proper emulator with much, much less work.
This. However, what about the controls? It'd be pretty hard to play...

[sarcasm]Hmmmm... What about 360 and PS3 emulation?[/sarcasm]
C wut I did dar?

C2B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Berthenk said:
Rydian said:
This. However, what about the controls? It'd be pretty hard to play...

[sarcasm]Hmmmm... What about 360 and PS3 emulation?[/sarcasm]
C wut I did dar?

That would be a technical limitation. However we know nothing about the 3DS Design so..........

Let's hope^^

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
C2B said:
1. Please read my statement. Then look up what emulation means. Please. Because this sentence: "Just because something is powerful doesn't mean it can emulate" is honestly bull. There's no difference if a hardware system is in a small case or a large box. It only differs (like every system) in it's architecture and power. There are always technical limitations, yes. But everything can work out if done right.
wrong word,I meant "Just because something is powerful will OR can be emulated PROPERLY"

Rydian said:
QUOTE(lolzed @ Apr 5 2010, 04:50 AM) They made an exception by doing VC,but thats not even emulation.
VC is emulation.
I thought it was a specialized loader,not emulator,my bad

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
C2B said:
wrong word,I meant "Just because something is powerful will OR can be emulated PROPERLY"

Rydian said:
VC is emulation.
If it was just a loder the games wouldn't play because they're for a different system.
tongue.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
lolzed said:
C2B said:

Rydian said:
VC is emulation.
If it was just a loder the games wouldn't play because they're for a different system.
tongue.gif
not true,if you get an EZFlash 3in1 for NDS and grab GBAExploader that would be loading,not emulating,that's why i thought VC was a loader

C2B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
lolzed said:
not true,if you get an EZFlash 3in1 for NDS and grab GBAExploader that would be loading,not emulating,that's why i thought VC was a loader

Because in the case of GBA on NDS add-on it isn't software-emulation but hardware based.

SERIOUSLY, look up emulation and get into the subject. Also check out a Hardware NDS documentation and you will understand why the DS plays gba games and why the dsi does not.

A loader is just that. A loader. Nothing else. It can't emulate anything that isn't programmed for the specific system. It just works with what is already there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...