[Official] MediCat VHD - A USB Bootable Windows 11 Virtual Harddisk for PC Repair

0x6A7232

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where's the threads for Mini Windows & Mini Windows Naked? For the life of me I can't find them. Or if they don't have threads, where is the post listing them??

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Where's the threads for Mini Windows & Mini Windows Naked? For the life of me I can't find them. Or if they don't have threads, where is the post listing them??
If you navigate to "that BAY site" (it's name can't be mentioned here), you can search for "medicat jayro" and find all my old ISO torrents, including those ones you're after.

Reactions: nekinhas

default_hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hello there, Thank you jayro for this awesome tool. It seems like when i try booting it from the medicat usb menu, it gives me a "Could not locate target partition [14] not found" error. I've extracted the vhd files and placed them in the VHD folder inside the Medicat_VHD folder Using a 512 gb sata ssd with a sata to usb adaptor

Kbarb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to admit I'm a bit confused as to the advantage of using the VHD - I must be missing something.

In some pages of this thread it looks like you're adding the Medicat VHD to Medicat USB.
So some kind of nested Matryoshka doll ? That can't be right.

I would have thought it would be adding a Medicat VHD to a plain Ventoy-USB install. That would make some sense.

If I may ask, what is being added to what exactly, just in broad terms, (Not, I mean, where do you put the VHD - I got that part.)

But other than that question, the VHD advantage is (?) :
  • A full live Win10 instead of WinPE, without its limitations ?

• It includes all the usual Medicat ISOs ? Or no.
    But then, aren't they already on the Medicat-USB if you're adding the Medicat VHD to it ?

• Finally, a disadvantage would be you're not going to have the PortableApps with the VHD ?
A bit confused.
;-)

Last edited by Kbarb,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have to admit I'm a bit confused as to the advantage of using the VHD - I must be missing something.

In some pages of this thread it looks like you're adding the Medicat VHD to Medicat USB.
So some kind of nested Matryoshka doll ? That can't be right.

I would have thought it would be adding a Medicat VHD to a plain Ventoy-USB install. That would make some sense.

If I may ask, what is being added to what exactly, just in broad terms, (Not, I mean, where do you put the VHD - I got that part.)

But other than that question, the VHD advantage is (?) :
  • A full live Win10 instead of WinPE, without its limitations ?

• It includes all the usual Medicat ISOs ? Or no.
    But then, aren't they already on the Medicat-USB if you're adding the Medicat VHD to it ?

• Finally, a disadvantage would be you're not going to have the PortableApps with the VHD ?
A bit confused.
;-)
1.) Yes, it's a fully live Windows installation that runs from USB. I used the WindowsToGo option in Rufus to get it installed. Has no limitations compared to the WinPE. Less driver problems, Windows Update works, etc.

2.) No ISOs in it. It's just Windows and runnable tools.

3.) The Windows installation has a smaller installed toolset, but you can still launch Start.exe from the USB to have all the PortableApps at your disposal. Or you can install apps natively to the OS like a normal Windows installation... Because that's what it is.

Essentially, the VHD gives you more freedom with less restrictions.

Kbarb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks, that clears up a lot.

And just so I understand, generally people are adding the Medicat VHD to a (Ventory based) Medicat-USB ?
So you sort of have a full Win-10 Medicat VHD inside the Medicat-USB, if I'm saying that right ?

Thanks again for all your hard work !

thiccchris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a curious question about usb storage space. I should have the latest for medicat Usb and medicat VHD. I use a 64gb wallet card shaped usb and after getting usb and vhd on it. It has about 2GB of free space left. Could this cause any problems? Is there a minimum free space amount? Could a low amount of free space slow the vhd down?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a curious question about usb storage space. I should have the latest for medicat Usb and medicat VHD. I use a 64gb wallet card shaped usb and after getting usb and vhd on it. It has about 2GB of free space left. Could this cause any problems? Is there a minimum free space amount? Could a low amount of free space slow the vhd down?
Shouldn't be an issue, especially for Flash Storage.

Reactions: thiccchris

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw @BigOnYa the health bar doesnt decrease when i take damage (and yes i put the "at the beggining of the scene change value of greenflatbar: set to Protagonistcopmode.Health::Health())
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    i the protagonist
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human, robot, cyborg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    human with cyborg enhancements
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or like terminatior
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    with living tissue
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty there is health behaviour you can add to your character, then to use a health bar is lil more complicated, google n watch a few tutorial video on it, be too hard to explain here.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the character has the health behavior
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I know you have to create a health and health max variable. Then there is a calculation you use in code to subtract width size of the health bar. Google few vids.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, the "greenflatbar" is one of the preset health bars btw
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you can use any bar/sprite. It will just change the width. Ok good luck and have fun. I'm off to go shoot some pool at the bar. Talk to you later.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why does the health behavior exist if you can just use a variable?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and nope the number still doesnt change
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok im gonna make my own asset
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm i think i fixed it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I fixed it
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    how are you\
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: