Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I installed a genplusgx mod that shows covers (https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/Genesis-Plus-GX/tree/master/builds). The video glitches all the time when browsing the main menu but it is still better than the original version with its stupid cartridge covers which piss me off. And I had no problem with it, but then I decided to change the forwarder (I always had this lameass CGI of Sonic running with his arms snapped backwards) with this one .

It says "the path that the forwarder takes is apps/genplus-gx/boot.dol" wihch is exactly where my genplusgx's boot.dol is located and it does a great job opening the genplusgx but it opens the UNMODDED (ORIGNIAL) VERSION of genplusgx with "its stupid cartridge covers" AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE UNMODDED VERSION!!!! All i have is the modded genplusgx version that shows covers that I downloaded from https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/Genesis-Plus-GX/tree/master/builds and it opens fine when opened from the homebrew channel but when I use this new forwarder, it opens the UNMODDED (ORIGNIAL) VERSION of genplusgx. HOW THE F... IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE? Can a forwarder cancel out the modification? WTF???

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
So, I installed a genplusgx mod that shows covers (https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/Genesis-Plus-GX/tree/master/builds). The video glitches all the time when browsing the main menu but it is still better than the original version with its stupid cartridge covers which piss me off. And I had no problem with it, but then I decided to change the forwarder (I always had this lameass CGI of Sonic running with his arms snapped backwards) with this one .

It says "the path that the forwarder takes is apps/genplus-gx/boot.dol" wihch is exactly where my genplusgx's boot.dol is located and it does a great job opening the genplusgx but it opens the UNMODDED (ORIGNIAL) VERSION of genplusgx with "its stupid cartridge covers" AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE UNMODDED VERSION!!!! All i have is the modded genplusgx version that shows covers that I downloaded from https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/Genesis-Plus-GX/tree/master/builds and it opens fine when opened from the homebrew channel but when I use this new forwarder, it opens the UNMODDED (ORIGNIAL) VERSION of genplusgx. HOW THE F... IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE? Can a forwarder cancel out the modification? WTF???

Okay, this is weird. I will check this forwarder, and if it goes cuckoo crazy with it, i will take the banner of this and i will replace it with a channel forwarder i know it's working fine.

Reactions: Alexander1970

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this is weird. I will check this forwarder, and if it goes cuckoo crazy with it, i will take the banner of this and i will replace it with a channel forwarder i know it's working fine.
dude, that would be awesome, this one works fine. I've been using it for a long time but it is ugly af. If you could swap the music and the banner in this one with this one , I would much appreciate it.

Attachments

• Genplus GX - SEGA - IOS58 v11b.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 43

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
dude, that would be awesome, this one works fine. I've been using it for a long time but it is ugly af. If you could swap the music and the banner in this one with this one , I would much appreciate it.

okay dude ;)
I saw people swapping banners but most of the time they end bricking the Wii... so i will try to do by myself instead, i've done banner replacements before ;)
(i will need to replace 00000000.app though, but i know how to do :D )

Reactions: Alexander1970

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay dude ;)
I saw people swapping banners but most of the time they end bricking the Wii... so i will try to do by myself instead, i've done banner replacements before ;)
(i will need to replace 00000000.app though, but i know how to do :D )
ok, I am sure you know what you are talking about. Will you keep the music too? I mean from the new forwarder?

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, since 00000000.app stores all banner, icon, and sound used for the Wii forwarder channel ;)
great, i am waiting......
Post automatically merged:

oh yeah, I forgot to mention use this version (without fat knuckles)

Attachments

• Genesis Plus GX - N7LJ NO UGANDAN KNUCKLES.rar
    5.7 MB · Views: 47
Last edited by cereal_killer,

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Do that again and I'm locking your topic.

If someone is going against forum rules - report them. Don't start slinging insults at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa sounds wish we could see Randy on south park do that , drinking the peach vodka
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, im more of a casual south park fan, i dont watch it that often
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its gluten free
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol it's too offensive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh not that good, not many alcohols taste good in tea. At least I haven't found any.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried that peach alcohol in cans tasted like crap
  • F @ foresthag:
    You could fermen(tea). That'd taste excellent. Or make you go blind, who is to say?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twisted tea iirc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only one I liked was that mikes hard lemonade tea, but i couldn't drink it all day
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, gonna make a jumping sprite
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add platform character behavior to any sprite, just disable the default controls for it, and make it jump/move in your code. The rectangle behavior is cool too for enemies.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, how is it cool?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i meant jumping sprite for the player
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It makes it move around constantly in different directions, like a enemy moving back n forth from one side to other
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i dont think the rectangular movement behavior works for platform games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it does. And you can add platform character behavior to your own charcter, and it will have move and jump already setup for you, space bar is jump, arrows move
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i already added the platform character behaviour to the player since i started doing this
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and already set up animations for when he shoots both standing and walking
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty you could
    add alcohol to the game too
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, one of the curative items has the internal name of "beer"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    although it looks like a coke can
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty what is the game based on
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what was the inspiration
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, based on my ideas i'd say mega man games (probably mega man zero mainly)
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I had some ideas for megaman based game
    S @ salazarcosplay: I had some ideas for megaman based game