PS4 Save Mounter/Apollo Problems

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just now thought about this, but if it's the same keystone, it could be due to it using the same passcode, which would mean it's likely not the original's.

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Care to elaborate more on that? This is my disc's keystone.
I changed the keystone for the EU to my US one last week thinking that maybe if i can get the keystones to match, then i can move the save from EU to US.

Btw, i still have the previous EU fpkg which had it's own keystone

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, i got it from the disc but for the US copy.

When i opened the EU copy that i downloaded, i did not notice any 0s in the keystone while using hex editor.
But i did catch that the keystones were different between the 2.

That's why i was like ok. Let me repackage this EU copy, get the contents, and create a new fpkg with my keystone injected in it.
Once i did that, i launched my EU copy. I got the corrupted error (makes sense since my save has a different key). I went to apollo and changed the save's keystone to match the new on that i got from the disc. Then the EU copy worked.

Then i tried to move the save to my US and this is where i am at right now.
These are my steps.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the keystone uses the fingerpint, which is derived from the passcode. I don't think we know how to do it in reverse, to use the fingerprint to get the passcode, but it's definitely possible or should be anyway. that link above shows what a passcode with all 0's looks like. the fingerprint will not be all 0's.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1657996451282.png

as you can see, it matches the third and fourth lines of the sample keystone in that link. that's the game's fingerprint.

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just dumped the files from the original EU pkg using orbis pub check app.
Looking at the keystone that came with this download, it is a dummy keystone that matches exactly to what we see in ps4devwiki.

But this is the keystone i later deleted and made a new pkg using my retail's keystone.

Attachments

• keystone.zip
    246 bytes · Views: 38
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, if the keystone doesn't match the save, then it will show up as corrupted. not sure what might happen if both were fake keystones.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, did you extract the one from the pkg? gp4 will skip over the file, and orbis will say it can't find the file, then error with the keystone. you have to inject it manually. you did do that, right? orbis is what creates the keystone, so it will create a fake one even if you dump a legit one, unless you force it to accept the new keystone.

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i did the opposite.
I remember seeing bucanero's comments and same other person on psxhax "herjian" i think was his name saying devs use the same keystones for all regions so that's why i moved over the legit keystone over to the EU copy. It did allow me to use my org save

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. weird that it doesn't work. it must be detecting the right keystone for it to display that message or else it would've said it was corrupted most likely.

Blackgloves23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the way i injected the legit keystone after creating the new pkg was using save mounter.

connected to ps4debug
ran save mounter
went to the eu game
hit mount
and then i changed the keystone in syc_folder
then hit unmount
refresh

repeated the same steps for my US copy to make sure it matches too

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never heard of that method. I meant within the package. I don't know if it will make a difference or not. you'll have to make a new pkg unless you made the pkg modifiable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P