AresNguyen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Aroma Beta 19 has been released!

Changelog:
  • Avoid loading the modules/plugins twice after a IOSU reload.
    • This fixes the sd cafiine plugin showing up twice after exiting the system settings
  • Fix save game redirection for certain persistent ids
    • This fixed the problem some user had with they Wii U Menu order. With this update the order should be same as in Beta 16.
  • Automatically save a OTP and SEEPROM dump to the sd card at the first launch. (`sd:/wiiu/backups`)
  • Fixed potential crashes that could rarely happen when loading a setup module.

Make sure to update the EnvironmentLoader as well

To update to the latest Aroma version simply run the Aroma Updater or download the latest Aroma version here:
https://aroma.foryour.cafe/

After updated Aroma and Additional Plugins and Modules via Aroma Updater, now FTPiiU won't show System Files even when it set to TRUE

Last edited by AresNguyen,

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Aroma Beta 20 has been released!

Changelog:
  • Fix displaying the config menu when using 480i + 4:3 or 576i as output resolution.
  • Add "saving config" screen to the config menu.
  • Actually save the OTP to otp.bin instead of opt.bin.
  • Never show region free language select screen for Health and Safety Information, this avoids the splash screen when booting the console with disabled auto-detection.
Run the Aroma Updater or download the latest Aroma version here: https://aroma.foryour.cafe/

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Another problem, when exit Plugin system config menu, wii u freeze! Aroma latest version with isfshax installed
Crash logs would help (https://github.com/wiiu-env/WiiUCrashLogDumper/releases/tag/v0.1), but for me it sounds like a broken plugin thats causing it? Try to remove any plugin beside the base-aroma one and check if that fixes it. If it fixes it, add the plugins back one by one until it breaks so we know whats causing it.

E.g. SNTP-Client plugin causes crashes

Reactions: ber71 and Blythe93

gazsimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction for an issue I'm having after moving to Aroma from Tiramisu. The wiimote and the attached classic controller to it can no longer control the WiiU home menu. Only the home button and button 1 work. Interestingly the d-pad and A button work on the 'pause' menu (with controller settings etc) when you press home. They do function as expected when going to vWii. Any thoughts anyone? Many thanks in advance and many thanks to all coders, content creators, contributers, posters for all the amazing resources, I've been having a great time modding my wiiu which lay doment for many years - you are all offically awesome!!

EDIT: Now I'm doubting myself, did the wiimote ever work on a stock FW wiiU or am I imagining things :D

Last edited by gazsimo,

AresNguyen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Reactions: Maschell

grazhero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction for an issue I'm having after moving to Aroma from Tiramisu. The wiimote and the attached classic controller to it can no longer control the WiiU home menu. Only the home button and button 1 work. Interestingly the d-pad and A button work on the 'pause' menu (with controller settings etc) when you press home. They do function as expected when going to vWii. Any thoughts anyone? Many thanks in advance and many thanks to all coders, content creators, contributers, posters for all the amazing resources, I've been having a great time modding my wiiu which lay doment for many years - you are all offically awesome!!

EDIT: Now I'm doubting myself, did the wiimote ever work on a stock FW wiiU or am I imagining things :D
Yes the Wiimote did work to control the Wii U menu on stock firmware. What you can't do with it, and what I'm pretty sure you could never do with it, is point it at the Gamepad to click on icons on the main Wii U menu. The home and 1 buttons would be the only things that seem to work if you're trying to point the Wiimote at the sensorbar but don't have a TV connected to the console.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Maschell updated to Aroma beta 20 and I can’t seem to launch any vWii title that has gamepad support it shows error code 199-9999 and all my other games I’ve tested work but the legend of Zelda wind waker hd seems to freeze the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...