• Total voters

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would think that it would be stupid not to make it. It is clear that the market is there and I can understand Nintendo holding off the virtual consoles for the next hardware generation as it means that everyone will have access to it. It will probably also have much better storage capacity.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
YES!
yaynds.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only problem is that its pretty much Nintendo selling roms with emulators.

Games need to be ported and optimised for any system. I understand them not adding content and keeping them how they were originally intended but on some games you can notice things are not how they were intended and were quickly and cheaply slapped onto VC, especially with the C64 games.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a good idea in principal, but whether it would really work out is something else.

I would have thought a better VC idea would be for GameBoy Color/GameBoy Advance games on there instead. Maybe even Virtual Boy games...lol.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninty would probably do it just to milk out more cash. It doesn't take much effort on their side as the game already exists.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Virtual Console was one of Nintendo's smartest decisions, both financially and consumer-wise, in a long time.

And yes, it's definitely needed. I feel like it could've been used on the DSi at least. The DSi could definitely handle Gameboy/Gameboy Color games at least, possibly even the GBA. Not to mention the potentials of the Neo Geo Pocket, Wonderswan, Lynx, etc.

While it may be just "selling emulators and ROMs", it's also a great opportunity to bring games overseas. They brought Sin and Punishment to the USA via Virtual Console, and it was successful enough to spawn a sequel. In both Japan and other regions. Imagine bringing official localizations for games like Mother 3 (the fan translation is great, but it's still a fan translation).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share