OP
Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Rebranded Toshiba/Kingston 2GB MicroSD for $18.03

If you enlarge the picture, you will see the SD-C02G Japan found on Toshiba, Kingston and apparently Super Talent microSD cards.

For me (a Canadian), shipping is only around $2 so after that a 2GB microSD for ~$20.

Of course, if you don't trust this site check out Reseller Ratings to reassure yourself it's not too good to be true.

Enjoy GBAtempers
grog.gif

EDIT: Recently, buyers have been reporting they are getting Made in Taiwan microSDs. According to xilo though, the microSDs seem to run the Castlevania PoR video fine. Please ask him or anyone else about the specifics.

PanzerWF

OP
Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't really seen any 2GB microSD under ~$30 so for me this looks like a good deal imo.

4saken, that I am not sure about since I didn't order one. Google is your friend?

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get what rebranded is.

I got my 2GB Kingston(J) from DZ Tech about four months ago, for $25 plus a free reader. It might even be a few dollars cheaper now.

PanzerWF

OP
Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wikipedia is your friend lol. Anyways, I guess they're rebranding so it'll attract more customers without lowering the prices on their actual brand named products.

Anyways, if you guys manage to get your hands on one, please post your thoughts if you have time.

And Vizier, good to see another West Coaster =)

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get what rebranded is.
An OEM factory makes these unlabeled 2GB carts, then Kingston/whatever buys them(assuming its not their personal factory, which its likely not) and puts their logo, makes an adapter, packaging, advertising, etc, rebrands the OEM cart into their own company, so its the same product as some other cards, but just different packaging.

Has anyone bought from these guys? They got some damn cheap DVDs. Printable ones, too.

PanzerWF

OP
Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
beta, test out Castlevania PoR. Seems to be the game that is the key difference between MiJ and MiT.

Linki, Reseller Ratings has an average rating of 9.8/10. So they are pretty reliable.

nds_gamerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just ordered my m3 ds real plus 3 of these baby's. i'll see how they run after configuring and updating the m3 real. i have to get these ready by xmas.

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got mine in yesterday, haven't had a chance to throw Castlevania PoR on it yet. So far it does play fine with Picross, Orcs & Elves (FUN game if you haven't tried it), Megaman ZX Advent, and a few misc others. I'll try to throw PoR on it tonight and see how well it works, but it does look like a Japanese Kingston.

PoR seems to be running just fine so far. I haven't played it a ton, but the intro was fine and so was the 10-15 minutes of gameplay I gave it. As far as I can tell, this plays just like a kingston and I would recommend it (especially for its price) to anyone wanting a 2gb card.

Jay Boy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PoR seems to be running just fine so far. I haven't played it a ton, but the intro was fine and so was the 10-15 minutes of gameplay I gave it. As far as I can tell, this plays just like a kingston and I would recommend it (especially for its price) to anyone wanting a 2gb card.

That's good to hear. I haven't received mine yet, but given that I'm in Canada I expected a couple extra days for it to go through customs and whatnot.

DOS and POR work fine, video doesn't skip, no crashes.

This is the real deal, people, if you're looking to upgrade to 2gb then this is the best price I've seen so far.

Thanks Panzer for telling us all about this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk