Country
United States
i didnt use this method
instead i downloaded twilight hack and got hbc
then put backup loader and gecko os on sd card so hbc can read it
i burned my "backed up" games onto a NEXXTECH DVD-R
but it still doesnt work
regular games work thru backup loader and gecko, but nexxtech games dont
am i doing something wrong is there a problem with my media?
plz help

Kroam17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I followed this guide a while ago, and it works fine since the beginning. Really usefull, thanks a lot!

Some people here mentioned the MegaMan 9 system reboot problem. I have the same problem too, found out that you have to install IOS37-64-v2070.wad to be able to play it. My question is: can I just install this WAD after following this topics' guide, or are there any other things I have to keep in mind? And does this WAD influence the working of anything described in this guide?

Thanks a lot!

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Kroam17 said:
I followed this guide a while ago, and it works fine since the beginning. Really usefull, thanks a lot!

Some people here mentioned the MegaMan 9 system reboot problem. I have the same problem too, found out that you have to install IOS37-64-v2070.wad to be able to play it. My question is: can I just install this WAD after following this topics' guide, or are there any other things I have to keep in mind? And does this WAD influence the working of anything described in this guide?

Thanks a lot!

I have this same question, could someone answer this please??? And also.... if im on fw 3.4, do i really have to downgrade to fw 3.2 to install the gamma backup launcher channel??? (i dont care about starfall)

Will it work if i do this on a wii with fw 3.4:

Install homebew channel via twilight hack
Install IOS16
Load cios_fix wad via Custom WM
Load IOS Downgrader
Load cIos_Installer
Load Wad Manager and install DjTaz_gamma_Loader.wad
Install IOS38 (i think fw 3.4 alreadz has it???)
Fw 3.4 already has the "Install Shop IOS"??? so i think i dont have to do that....

So will this steps work??? i really dont care about starfall...I just wanna run backups and install wads on fw 3.4

amniwars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DbGt said:
Kroam17 said:

Thanks a lot!

I have this same question, could someone answer this please??? And also.... if im on fw 3.4, do i really have to downgrade to fw 3.2 to install the gamma backup launcher channel??? (i dont care about starfall)

Install IOS16
Load IOS Downgrader
Load cIos_Installer
Fw 3.4 already has the "Install Shop IOS"??? so i think i dont have to do that....

So will this steps work??? i really dont care about starfall...I just wanna run backups and install wads on fw 3.4

i dont think u have 2 juss install hbc using twilight hack and then put backup loader onto sd card and it should work i think...

D

Deleted User

I suppose if the game needs IOS37, then just install it through WAD Manager. Nothing will happen, it's just you installing a new IOS.

Then, give IOS Downgrader a run.

QUOTE said:

Install IOS16
Load IOS Downgrader
Load cIos_Installer

If you really don't care about starfall, but you are going to be the guy who wants to install WADs, in the future, I think your next topic would be:

"I bricked my Wii! No starfall please help!"

Seriously, I think your next topic would be something like that.

Just downgrade to 3.2 and install starfall.

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
afif95 said:
I suppose if the game needs IOS37, then just install it through WAD Manager. Nothing will happen, it's just you installing a new IOS.

Then, give IOS Downgrader a run.

QUOTE said:

Install IOS16
Load IOS Downgrader
Load cIos_Installer

If you really don't care about starfall, but you are going to be the guy who wants to install WADs, in the future, I think your next topic would be:

"I bricked my Wii! No starfall please help!"

Seriously, I think your next topic would be something like that.

Just downgrade to 3.2 and install starfall.

Thanks for your advice, so i think then that the steps i wrote will work on fw 3.4 with backup launcher, and no... i dont think i will brick my wii with a wad... i dont really install wads that often... and i only install tested wads or scene ones....... so no problem with that

D

Deleted User

Ah well, you're missing the firmware the zest of the gbatemp community is using.

Yeah, I think those steps might work. I suggest you also take a look at the Oct 23 fix sticky. Check the Wii Fix guide section. That's the perfect how-to for a dude like you.

D

Deleted User

sir, that would be highly illegal

you can ask me via PM for the files.

Headin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so for Need for Speed Undercover to work I would just have to replace the djtaz wad with the 002 fix gamma wad that is out there.

r4nd0m

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi im stuck on this the part where it asks u to do the IOS DOWNGRADE, wen i push A, instead of running the install process, it brings up

Press any button to restart the wii

any ideas whats causing this?

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
afif95 said:
Ah well, you're missing the firmware the zest of the gbatemp community is using.

Yeah, I think those steps might work. I suggest you also take a look at the Oct 23 fix sticky. Check the Wii Fix guide section. That's the perfect how-to for a dude like you.

Yeah i know.. everyone is using 3.2.... but what does fw 3.2 has that 3.4 doesnt??? ... just starfall??? thats why i dont really see the need to downgrade....

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
DbGt said:
afif95 said:

Yeah i know.. everyone is using 3.2.... but what does fw 3.2 has that 3.4 doesnt??? ... just starfall??? thats why i dont really see the need to downgrade....

It has alot better compatibility with homebrew apps

Madagasca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EmperorOfCanada - just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!

This tutorial is great! just followed it to the letter and it worked great for me.

just upgraded my Wii to 3.2E from 3.1E, installed starfall and also installed the IOS for Gamma. Works sweet!

D

Deleted User

r4nd0m said:
hi im stuck on this the part where it asks u to do the IOS DOWNGRADE, wen i push A, instead of running the install process, it brings up

Press any button to restart the wii

any ideas whats causing this?

Your IOSes is already downgraded.. Now, let's go ahead to cIOS Downgrader!!! (Firmware Downgrader)

D

Deleted User

screamq3 said:
DbGt said:
afif95 said:

It has alot better compatibility with homebrew apps

Yea, and starfall is mainly the thing you need if you're going to install WADs. Plus, why the hell are you so fucking stubborn to downgrade? If you are a homebrew user, you SHOULD be on 3.2.

Not being an ass but, we gave you many reason to downgrade, but you still resisted.
3.4 is a bad firmware for homebrew.
It only takes a few minutes to use cIOS Downgrader to get yourself to 3.2.

What is stopping you?????

dan1el

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i just installed the homebrew channel on my wii 3.4u, and downloaded the backup launcher 0.3g, then i tried wii sports (original) in the launcher and worked without installing cIOS or anything like that, i just open the launcher and the game was already in, then the game loaded fine ¿ do i need to install de cIOS or downgrade to 3.2 to play backups or does this mean that the launcher works? i havent test the launcher with a backup yet but ill do it tomorrow, ¿cant this brick my wii? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64