Hacking 300 Limit of Wii U games!

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how everyone here instantly judges those that reach the limit and just tells them that they shouldn't be installing that many games. Like they weren't asking your opinion on how many games they've installed, if they've installed that many games, and thats what they want, that's all that should matter.

Unfortunately, like the 3DS, there has yet to be a way to remove the limit though in theory something could be done for the cfw to remove or increase the limit, but no one seems to have been able to figure that out yet, and I get the opinion that anyone that would know what to look for in this regard aren't actively trying to do anything about it.

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
all these people who parrot out the same thing hundred of times
"why do you have 500 mp3s on your ipod lol? you cant listen to them all at once!! delete them LIT!!"
if you have nothing constructive to say it'd be better to just stfu

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all these people who parrot out the same thing hundred of times
"why do you have 500 mp3s on your ipod lol? you cant listen to them all at once!! delete them LIT!!"
if you have nothing constructive to say it'd be better to just stfu
Dude stop getting butt hurt about this. Its peoples opinions.
Having 500 songs and have 300 games is quite different.... I have about 800 songs on my phone and I cycle through quite a few of them during the day.

I gave my opinion and also stated why it cant handle more. The 3ds and wii u dont have the ram to load everything. I guarantee nintendo tested it and the systems became very slow after going above this limit they have set.
To be honest, I really couldnt care less if you want to have 300 games on your system. You can be crazy, its your life. But my opinion is, will you actually play 300 different games in say... a week? I would understand if its vc games. Those are quite small and take 1 slot anyways. So those can build up.

I see this question a lot and it gets kinda old. But the same thing is said each time and people get angry about it. Not our fault that we say our opinion. This world is filled with people that get pissed off too easily. Its not that hard to sit down and say "hey I dont think I'll play this, this, and this ever."

It just sounds like hoarding games because you can rather than wanting to play them all :/

Last edited by Lumince,
D

Deleted User

I gave my opinion and also stated why it cant handle more. The 3ds and wii u dont have the ram to load everything. I guarantee nintendo tested it and the systems became very slow after going above this limit they have set.
Although the other problem would be with indexing icons. It would take a nice amount of time to load it then it would get a huge slowdown.

But, psst. @OP There's something called SysConfigTool and it's useful.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although the other problem would be with indexing icons. It would take a nice amount of time to load it then it would get a huge slowdown.

But, psst. @OP There's something called SysConfigTool and it's useful.
Thats what Im saying. It would take forever to load everything up... The wii U is already a little slow at loading things up. Im surprised people can install 300 titles and not be bothered by the slowdown... lol

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Boy Advance: 74, NES: 94, Nintendo 64: 21, Nintendo DS: 31, Super NES: 51, TurboGrafx16: 11, Wii: 29
That's 311 titles for just the Virtual Console.
There are 536 games on the eShop apart from the Virtual Console.
There are 163 Wii U disc-based games available as well.
I'm just saying, some hardcore retro players would reach this limit.
That doesn't even count the apps or free games available. 14 combined.
There are even 47 demos available.
If you were to purchase 300 of the lowest priced games on the eShop right now it would cost $1,073.62.
If you downloaded all 47 demos, the 14 free games and apps = 61. Now you have 239 titles left; @ Lowest priced cost = $926.38
Sooo, for under ~$926.38 you would reach out at the 300 max titles installed by using eShop purchases alone.
My point is, that this isn't nearly as impossible as people make it.
Should it be done? Well, as many have said, the system gets laggy, but I do wish this limit were uncapped/workaround.

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are so many system titles on the 3DS (78ish) I think it has to do with the OS's registry. It's probably some convenient number like 512 possible slots to install tickets, and with DLCs, updates, and games plus the multiple system titles 300 was there safe max. Maybe that's why the Wii U can only have 292 titles installed, similar limitations. The 3DS has a workaround for this. Install more than the 300 limit in FBI, then boot straight into it on boot and run titles using FBI only, defeating the limit by never loading the home menu. This worked with menuhax so I'm not sure how to do that now with bs9.

Last edited by elBenyo,
Reactions: CatmanFan

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are so many system titles on the 3DS (78ish) I think it has to do with the OS's registry. It's probably some convenient number like 512 possible slots to install tickets, and with DLCs, updates, and games plus the multiple system titles 300 was there safe max. Maybe that's why the Wii U can only have 292 titles installed, similar limitations. The 3DS has a workaround for this. Install more than the 300 limit in FBI, then boot straight into it on boot and run titles using FBI only, defeating the limit by never loading the home menu. This worked with menuhax so I'm not sure how to do that now with bs9.

I'm not sure how many default system titles there are for the Wii U, but if it also counts DLC and Title Updates then there are 51 DLC options and 157 Updates totaling 208 possible titles on that metric. It would add up quickly.

Last edited by datahoarder,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
use your hdd to the "full" games and use loadiine on s car for VC,e shop small file stuff, problem solved.

P_H_I

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To put it simply, no we do not have a way to bypass.

There are honestly 100 worth it games for the Wii U, counting Virtual Console, you don't need 300

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To put it simply, no we do not have a way to bypass.

There are honestly 100 worth it games for the Wii U, counting Virtual Console, you don't need 300

Honestly, many people would disagree with that statement considering there are over 1000 games. You're really saying less than 10% are the only ones worthwhile for everyone and anyone? because I'm pretty sure the genre's I like I different from yours. I'm also certain you have not tried 80% of the games available on the indie eShop.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't wanna repeat myself but I still hate the fact that everyone's starting a philosophical debate instead of just answering what OP was asking for.
So yeah, just install System Config Tool and use that as a launcher but as written here by someone already it would take some time to load all the games.

I have 12 games installed on my console. Yet I'm still curious for this 300 limit thing and how to bypass it.

P_H_I

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, many people would disagree with that statement considering there are over 1000 games. You're really saying less than 10% are the only ones worthwhile for everyone and anyone? because I'm pretty sure the genre's I like I different from yours. I'm also certain you have not tried 80% of the games available on the indie eShop.
Haha... no
731 Wii U games, 282 virtual console games.

I should have excluded virtual console in my statement, but out of the 731 most titles are either poor, a port, or shovelware.

Also, when I say "731", I mean 731 in all regions, as in each region has much less than 731.

The Wii had 1522 games, and yet some people have trouble naming 25 awesome games (I can name 50-ish)

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Also I love all genres thanks.

P_H_I

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/wii-u?sort=desc
Using this list to show all good games instead of typing

#1-6, #8, #10-14, #17-23, #25-#35, #37, #39-41, #43, #45, #49-52, #54-57, #59, #60-61, #66, #70, #73, #74, #76, #81, #86, #91, #93, #96, #98, #101, #104, #105, #114, #116, #123, #124, #129-#130, #140, #149, #154, #178

Also I was very generous, as I counted Devil's Third, Mario Tennis, and the Star Fox games

68 games

Edit: 90 at most

Last edited by P_H_I,

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't fathom installing 280 garbage games, let alone having the 20 or so good ones installed all at once. I have the 14 best games installed, and I'm good.
Share your list, I'm currently digging through junk now trying to find something good. My kids are no help either because they want random stuff like "Octodad".

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does the Wii U even have 300 games? Imma check just to see. Edit: 737 games according to wikipedia, of which 313 are exclusive, and 127 are console exclusive.

Boy, that's quite a few Switch ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ManuelKoegler,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does the Wii U even have 300 games? Imma check just to see. Edit: 737 games according to wikipedia, of which 313 are exclusive, and 127 are console exclusive.

Boy, that's quite a few Switch ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wiiu has 313 exclusives? lol are they all indie shovelware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one