Phazon_XR20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I followed a video to download ds games on my 3ds, and everything went smoothly until I tried loading the games. When I did this, the screen would flash white like it was about to load the game, then it went black and took me to the software closed screen. I don't know why this is happening, as my brother also tried to do this on his 3ds and it worked for him. Any potential fixes?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I followed a video to download ds games on my 3ds, and everything went smoothly until I tried loading the games. When I did this, the screen would flash white like it was about to load the game, then it went black and took me to the software closed screen. I don't know why this is happening, as my brother also tried to do this on his 3ds and it worked for him. Any potential fixes?
Do you have any DS carts you can try to see if they do the same thing?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please provide more details. Does this happen with DS cartridges, or only with TWiLight Menu? Can you access the DS Internet Settings control panel? Were you able to complete all the steps in that guide successfully?

inkdragon

The Ink Dragon
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
inkdrgn.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Please provide more details. Does this happen with DS cartridges, or only with TWiLight Menu? Can you access the DS Internet Settings control panel? Were you able to complete all the steps in that guide successfully?
happens with all three. yes i completed all steps in the guide successfully but still have the same issue.

Terminasitor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Im dealing with the same issue too. I created a different thread before finding this one (if it makes it easier to diagnose the issue I'll delete the other thread).

So anyway I have a theory on what sort of a problem this is. With my very limited understanding of how the 3ds works I think that when loading a ds game, it enters a ds-mode where in all regards behaves as a DSi. So searching for the same problem on the DSi I found that if in an initial check it finds some sort of a hardware problem (loose ribbon connectors, no wireless card l, bad battery etc...) the working screens will flash white and the DSi will shut down. But since we are on the 3ds that throws us in the software close screen.

Having said all that, I can not find anything wrong with my 3ds while using it normally... My wifi, screens and cameras all work fine and I use the official battery which still holds a lot of charge...

I want to repeat that my knowledge about the 3ds is very limited and everything I just said could be completely wrong 😅 I'm just trying to troubleshoot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh