• Views 4,543,062
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to install The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary edition. I tried downloading the CIA and installing with FBI. When I tried to run it, just a black screen. So I deleted it with Data Management.
I tried installing from a QR Code with FBI. Again, black screen.
Is this not working because it is DSIWARE? Is there something special I need to do?

**PS I actually do have a legit copy of this game. But it is no longer on eshop and I would like to get it on my other 3DSs so I can play with friends.

Last edited by t1op,

Adrian DX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My CIA games on my N3DSXL won't boot after updating EMUnand to 11.1.0-34E (Gets stuck on the black 3DS logo after booting the game.

I've tried renaming "hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW" to "hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-11-1-0-34-EUR" I'm pretty sure renaming this file worked last time I updated and all relevant threads I find say to do this to make it work again, but I've had no luck.

Am I doing something wrong?`
And should I just update to EMU 11.2 now anyways and then fix it?

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to install The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary edition. I tried downloading the CIA and installing with FBI. When I tried to run it, just a black screen. So I deleted it with Data Management.
I tried installing from a QR Code with FBI. Again, black screen.
Is this not working because it is DSIWARE? Is there something special I need to do?

**PS I actually do have a legit copy of this game. But it is no longer on eshop and I would like to get it on my other 3DSs so I can play with friends.

Are you using Luma? Sounds like a TWL_FIRM problem to me. Use this and see it it makes a difference. (DSi / DS functionality is broken after completing the guide)

My CIA games on my N3DSXL won't boot after updating EMUnand to 11.1.0-34E (Gets stuck on the black 3DS logo after booting the game.

I've tried renaming "hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW" to "hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-11-1-0-34-EUR" I'm pretty sure renaming this file worked last time I updated and all relevant threads I find say to do this to make it work again, but I've had no luck.

Am I doing something wrong?`
And should I just update to EMU 11.2 now anyways and then fix it?

You shouldn't have to rename the payload at all since you're using The Homebrew Launcher CIA. Just delete all the previous payloads, load into the HBL and it should download a new payload for your 3DS. Not sure what's up with your CIA games, but I'd update to the newest system version and newest stable release of whatever CFW you're running and hope for the best.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am probably using an old version of ctrbootmanager9 because even after copying over the boot.3dsx and a4mloaderhax9, it is loading the luma3ds.dat from the boot.cfg file

You're probably using an old config, and/or version of BootCtr9. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...tons-setting-up-bootctr9-boot-manager.419827/ for the newer config and version if you'd still like to use BootCtr9. Please only include the config options you will use.

If you're using an alternative boot loader for Luma3DS (other than Luma3DS itself) then check out the last paragraph here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade. Luma3DS can load payloads itself. If you need Gateway support with Luma3DS chainloading then see https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/. If you want to use BootAnim9, rename arm9loaderhax.bin to arm9loaderhax_si.bin (anyone know if this is still needed? Or will Luma3DS screen init payloads even without renaming?). This way you can use Luma3SD for chainloading and you don't need to deal with .dat files or path changing.

If you followed Plailect's guide, the only boot.3dsx file on the root of your SD card should be from the starter.zip kit for the homebrew channel.

Edit: The next version of Luma3DS will also have a payload selector screen that boots when holding Start at power-on (the start payload will load when holding L+Start at power-on). This will most certainly make alt boot loaders completely unnecessary.

Last edited by OrGoN3,

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know legend of zelda four swords was removed from nintendo servers and i component in downgrading a 3ds.
i cant find it in the store but in my redownload list i have legend of zelda four swords anniversary edition. will that still work for downgrading my friends 3DS

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know legend of zelda four swords was removed from nintendo servers and i component in downgrading a 3ds.
i cant find it in the store but in my redownload list i have legend of zelda four swords anniversary edition. will that still work for downgrading my friends 3DS

Let's recap. You said the game was removed from Nintendo's servers. You then asked if you could redownload it from Nintendo's servers.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's recap. You said the game was removed from Nintendo's servers. You then asked if you could redownload it from Nintendo's servers.
Let me rephrase, the game has been removed from the store "for all but the people who download it before" and i was wondering if the anniversary edition is the same as the standard edition in terms of downgrading

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me rephrase, the game has been removed from the store "for all but the people who download it before" and i was wondering if the anniversary edition is the same as the standard edition in terms of downgrading

Ah, sorry. From https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_dsiwarehax_installer#included-dsiware-exploits

The release-archive includes the following:

• The exact same exploit saveimages(plaintext) from when the exploits were released for DSi. This includes sudokuhax, even though it's not really useful on 3DS anyway(since the original title-version isn't officially available for 3DS).
  • 4swordshax for "The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition", only USA/EUR regions are supported.
So to answer your question, yes, it should work just fine.

Reactions: xdarkmario

CrixMadine1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been told now by multiple people that doing a system format. Then blocking Nintendo servers will get rid of browser update nag. Is that true? Has anyone tried and confirmed? I'm on vanilla 11.0 O3DS btw

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks, in Plailect's guide it says that a lot of console who've got a soft brick had DSiWare titles, thus my question.

Ah. I don't think formatting should be a problem, but I haven't done it myself so wait for confirmation from another. Plailect is referring to this issue, https://github.com/Plailect/PlaiSysUpdater/issues/8, which is seemingly random. Even a report of someone bricking after formatting their system to get rid of the DSi title that he had installed.

Edit: It's important to note while a good handful of people have experienced bricks, this is still a small minority. Since the DSiWare downgrade method requires you to have DSiWare on the system in question, if everybody bricked, or even a large percentage, it wouldn't be touted as the way to go. Hardmod would be the recommended path, and the DSiWare path would have giant red signs next to it. So while I obviously cannot guarantee you will not softbrick or hardbrick, most people have not using the same method.

Last edited by OrGoN3, , Reason: Added an explanation, then edited again to spell explanation correctly.
Reactions: lelecureuil

PotatoTheG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alright, I've asked multiple times on /vg/ and reddit, no dice. Hopefully you guys can help me, I'd REALLY appreciate it.

Basically a few months ago I somehow managed to get cfw and everything up and running on my o3DS. Fast forward a few months with Pokemon Sun and Moon coming out, and I bought a New 3DS, version 11.1.0-34E. I was told to follow this guide (https://plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade) religiously, and rightfully so, as I really don't know what I'm doing.

Everything was going fine, but I'm stuck on Section 4, where I'm required to use Homebrew on my Non-cfw 3DS. I have OoT3D and Paper Mario, so I tried doing it with OOT3DS first. I used the app, I chose the version of my 3DS, the payloaad worked fine. However, when I tried to use it on my new 3DS it kicked me to the home menu.

Did I do something wrong, is this a common issue? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to update my o3DS's apps or something, I haven't used it in a month or two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk