• Views 4,536,337
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

lightbringer88

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
So recently I found my old 3DS that I bought back in college, and it seems to work fine, except I had bought Gateway cartridges for it. It's hacked, but I have no idea how to get Gateway to work anymore since its been 7 years since I last touched it.

It's stuck on ver 4.5, so I can't play any Pokemon games for the 3DS on it even though I have the cartridges for X, Omega Ruby and Sun. I also no longer have my original backup nand as it was on an old laptop that literally melted, so I can't even reset it.

The 3DS is not bricked, am currently able to run Fire Emblem Awakening (?) and Pokemon Soul Silver (DS) cartridges on it because they're the only games that can run on this 3DS. I realized that I screwed up my DS profile exploit only after the fact, but I can't find any of the old Gateway files to make it so that I can boot into Gateway mode again.

Anyone have any advice? Is there a way to still back up the original nand so I can use it?

thisjustin2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question! If I were to load up an SD Card with 100 retail 3DS Games, 50 eShop titles, 40 DS games, 60 Super Nintendo games, 60 GBA games, and 30 PS1 games, what size SD should I buy? 128, 200, or 256? Let me know!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question! If I were to load up an SD Card with 100 retail 3DS Games, 50 eShop titles, 40 DS games, 60 Super Nintendo games, 60 GBA games, and 30 PS1 games, what size SD should I buy? 128, 200, or 256? Let me know!
128gb should be good. just make sure its Fat32 before using since the 3ds does not like other format types. It can still be a thing of. What 3ds games. Cause they all do have varying sizes. but it should be good.

thisjustin2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
128gb should be good. just make sure its Fat32 before using since the 3ds does not like other format types. It can still be a thing of. What 3ds games. Cause they all do have varying sizes. but it should be good.

Okay, thanks! Some of the titles are very small (i.e. Mega Man Legacy, Cave Story, Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack, etc.), but others are some of the largest ever 3DS games, like FE Warriors, FE Three Houses, the Pokemon games, etc. Hopefully, the 3DS, DS and PS1 titles don't end up taking too much room.

Ikari65

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, thanks! Some of the titles are very small (i.e. Mega Man Legacy, Cave Story, Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack, etc.), but others are some of the largest ever 3DS games, like FE Warriors, FE Three Houses, the Pokemon games, etc. Hopefully, the 3DS, DS and PS1 titles don't end up taking too much room.
nah dont listen to that guy before(no offense) u def need 256!
I have a 128 for my 3DS, NDS, GBA, SNES, Neo Geo, Mega Drive and Sega CD Games tho most of the Space is taken by 3DS games and i dont have Sequels etc installed just the first parts of most Games and its nearly packed.
Best would be for me to have literally everything installed at the same time but thats not possible with that space.
I have another 64 card were my PSX Games are on and that one is also really packed(mostly rpgs thats why probably^^)
So if u dont wanna run into issues with Space go with the big one to be save
I might Update in the Future too so i dont need to switch cards anymore.
Dont forget to have a Backup of all that Stuff on a Harddrive or a second card they are not expensive so its a smart investment i think.

Reactions: thisjustin2001

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 128 for my 3DS, NDS, GBA, SNES, Neo Geo, Mega Drive and Sega CD Games tho most of the Space is taken by 3DS games and i dont have Sequels etc installed just the first parts of most Games and its nearly packed.
Best would be for me to have literally everything installed at the same time but thats not possible with that space.
I have another 64 card were my PSX Games are on and that one is also really packed(mostly rpgs thats why probably^^)
Dont forget to have a Backup of all that Stuff on a Harddrive or a second card they are not expensive so its a smart investment i think.
Wouldnt chya think by those measures that perhaps a 256gb card should be replaced by the 516gb sd cards out there? May cost a bit more. But hey. more space. :P

• Haha
Reactions: Ikari65

thisjustin2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wouldnt chya think by those measures that perhaps a 256gb card should be replaced by the 516gb sd cards out there? May cost a bit more. But hey. more space. :P

Hmmm... I'm debating on what to do now. lone_wolf says that a 128gb is sufficient, but Ikari is loading up his system with a lot of games, similar to how I want to and ran out of space...

I think I might go for a bigger SD card, because the worst thing that could happen is that I just have an overabundance of space and my boot time is several seconds slower. That seems like less of a hassle than running out of space, transferring files, and having to end up potentially buying a bigger SD anyway.

Thank you two for your opinions and insights. I'm grateful for you guys and others on this forum who are always willing to help me and others like me who need their problems solved.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, after 4 years I want play 3DS again (citra is cool, but a real 3ds feel better), so I bought a (new) new 3ds xl again.
What should I know about hacking it? I still have a r4 flashed to install b9s with a magnet that I used years ago on my last 3ds.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, after 4 years I want play 3DS again (citra is cool, but a real 3ds feel better), so I bought a (new) new 3ds xl again.
What should I know about hacking it? I still have a r4 flashed to install b9s with a magnet that I used years ago on my last 3ds.
Just to keep with https://3ds.hacks.guide/ to hack the console with. Everything now is quite easy for hacking from what it was years ago. ctrnand is always recommended for if sd card ever goes crazy.

Hawi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How can I install the DSi sound app on 3ds? I've already got my .app file for it from my DSi and have built a .cia of it using godmode9 but it does not show on the home screen when installed. I can run the app from inside FBI but really what I want is some sort of shortcut to open it or even just some sort of title loader app. I read on another gbatemp thread that DSi system titles do not display due to the title id being too low but I don't know how to change them. Does anyone know any solutions? (apart from just downloading a pirated version from internet archive that already has functioning .cia files of course)

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok so I got my new 3ds, is there an homebrew to check the good health of buttons and joysticks, as I bought it in used condition (seems near mint tho)

Hawi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you mean to tell you how worn out your buttons are then no there is no way that your software can know that. If you mean a button tester that shows you what buttons are currently being pressed to test if they work there is a feature like this in lots of homebrews but I like to use 3dsident. Open 3dsident and press START+SELECT to start testing. It will not recognize the home button while testing and will also not allow you to test it so I reccomend testing that button by just using it while using your system as usual.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can I install the DSi sound app on 3ds? I've already got my .app file for it from my DSi and have built a .cia of it using godmode9 but it does not show on the home screen when installed. I can run the app from inside FBI but really what I want is some sort of shortcut to open it or even just some sort of title loader app. I read on another gbatemp thread that DSi system titles do not display due to the title id being too low but I don't know how to change them. Does anyone know any solutions? (apart from just downloading a pirated version from internet archive that already has functioning .cia files of course)
Should be applicable:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-it-possible-to-install-the-dsi-camera-app-to-the-n-3ds-xl.547272
Of course the camera has a different title ID. But the 04 --> 05 thing should be the same.

Hawi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is the other thread I was talking about. But I didn't know what to do because I didn't want to install a hex editor on my pc so I was using the GM9 hex editor. I couldn't find the adress I was looking for so I stopped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==