Not open for further replies.

anime4ever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you think the 3Ds will be outdated?
I mean it will be out in one year, it have slight better graphic then the PSP, it is suppose to last around 6 years with those graphics.
I was hoping for something a bit more powerful.

And the axis things and gyro, they are surely better on the iPod touch, and are getting better in the 4gen. As the graphic, resolution and the processor.

In 2 more generation the ipod will kill the 3Ds in terms of hardware.

That means that the only things in the 3DS that are good is the 3D(that works only in certain conditions) and the real physical buttons?

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By your standards the DS was outdated b4 it came out and so is the psp... and basically anything out right now is outdated .... you do realize graphics arent everything, hell the DS is the worlds top selling console and it is nowhere near amazing in terms of graphics or sound or anything else.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
anime4ever said:
Do you think the 3Ds will be outdated?
I mean it will be out in one year, it have slight better graphic then the PSP, it is suppose to last around 6 years with those graphics.
I was hoping for something a bit more powerful.

And the axis things and gyro, they are surely better on the iPod touch, and are getting better in the 4gen. As the graphic, resolution and the processor.

That means that the only things in the 3DS that are good is the 3D(that works only in certain conditions) and the real physical buttons?
1. How do you know how good its graphics are, without seeing it for yourself. All we have are zoomed in trailers, which I doubt do it justice. And it looks a lot better than the PSP, no just slightly.
2. Similarly, how on earth do you know how goo the motion sensing is?
3. Issnt it the games which matter the msot? And the 3ds certainly is getting a lot of good ones.

creativ

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For me it no matter

And i think there will be a high chance that the 3DS came on xmas

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apple products are not real gaming devices just devices you can play games on. Unless Apple take gaming seriously it'll never take over from Nintendo. The games on that are mostly 5 minute wonders at best.

Look how long the DS, GBA and even PS2 have lasted. Its about keeping gamers interested with good games and good ideas not graphics. The DS is still outselling the PSP with games that look 15 years old.

Nothing to worry about.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
HaniKazmi said:
1. How do you know how good its graphics are, without seeing it for yourself. All we have are zoomed in trailers, which I doubt do it justice. And it looks a lot better than the PSP, no just slightly.
2. Similarly, how on earth do you know how goo the motion sensing is?
3. Issnt it the games which matter the msot? And the 3ds certainly is getting a lot of good ones.
This, really, the OP is either ignorant or trying to troll here, because he's stating things he can't possibly know anything about. Also, do you (OP) actually know what you're saying when you say the 3D only works under certain conditions? Care to explain what these conditions are? And if so, what other 3D capable things can do it better? To me, it seems like there's less conditions to care about for the 3DS's 3D than there's conditions to care about on other 3D capable things (number one being: you don't need 3D glasses).

OGTiago

Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
Not really, those graphics look nice, and will be a lot better in 3D. And they will only get better. Look at games like Golden Sun and Dragon Quest 9 which are coming this year for the DS, no one thought games could look that good on the DS.

I can cope with the DS, I think I will be just fine with the 3DS.

Joe88 said:
cris92x said:
hell the DS is the worlds top selling console
top selling portable system, ps2 still holds the #1 spot overall
Not for long. Last time I checked it was very close, and DS keeps selling like hot cakes. Not to mention in a 6 year time frame it has easily beaten PS2 which is in it's 10th year!

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
How powerful is the 3DS?
Nintendo has not revealed any specs for the 3DS system, but expect it to well surpass the Nintendo DS in visual and processor capabilities. To provide stereoscopic 3D effects the system must have the ability to render each game field twice, one for each of the player's eyes, a technique that will require significant horsepower to produce.

Several developers that have experienced 3DS in its current form have reported, off the record, that it has processing capabilities that far exceed the Nintendo Wii and bring the device with abilities that are close to HD consoles such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Source: http://au.ds.ign.com/articles/109/1094930p1.html

anime4ever said:

Does not compute.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, I wouldn't say it's near the power of a PS3 or Xbox 360, but it definitely has the power of a Wii.

EDIT: Hey PettingZoo! I didn't notice it was you!
wub.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To keep it short, I think it will be around for a while yet. In a few years maybe, then yes, it could be outdated, but by then we'll be on 9th generation consoles (probably).

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What every body else else who posted above me said.

There's only one trailer for one game for the 3DS, and that's Kid Icarus which the trailer I doubt did any justice to what it actually likes graphically. And those screen shots aren't proper screen shots, there just developer conceptions of what there hoping to get.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
OGTiago said:
Not really, those graphics look nice, and will be a lot better in 3D. And they will only get better. Look at games like Golden Sun and Dragon Quest 9 which are coming this year for the DS, no one thought games could look that good on the DS.

I can cope with the DS, I think I will be just fine with the 3DS.

Joe88 said:
cris92x said:
hell the DS is the worlds top selling console
top selling portable system, ps2 still holds the #1 spot overall
Not for long. Last time I checked it was very close, and DS keeps selling like hot cakes. Not to mention in a 6 year time frame it has easily beaten PS2 which is in it's 10th year!

First, PS2 is not even portable to start with, except if you take a few kilograms worth of metal and plastic without any screen portable. The fact you can't play it everywhere might be one of the reasons it doesn't sell even better

DS may be the best selling game system ever, but PS2 is the best quality console I have ever had in my life, so many memories, so many great games
biggrin.gif

Enough with that, 3DS is not even out for public yet and here we have someone asking if it's outdated in one year. Freaking seriously, THIS IS NOT PC, if 3DS is outdated in one year, PS3 is already outdated, just because it's already past one year from it's launching date

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BobTheJoeBob said:
What every body else else who posted above me said.

There's only one trailer for one game for the 3DS, and that's Kid Icarus which the trailer I doubt did any justice to what it actually likes graphically. And those screen shots aren't proper screen shots, there just developer conceptions of what there hoping to get.
No, they really are screenshots, IMHO they look really good already and we have yet to see the games in motion!

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
anime4ever said:
Herp de derp I didn't realise that the iPod wasn't a dedicated gaming console herp de derp I didn't realise that the DS still sells herp de derp I think graphicz are everything
Fixed OP's post.

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
anime4ever said:

Does not compute.
Computer says no...
rolleyes.gif

Anyway I would like to see how outdated the 3DS is already... Oh wait I know... It could be using solar energy instead of electricity...

For god's sake, until we don't get a Wii, Xbox or PS3 that can play 3D (even with glasses) I refuse to say this...

3DS WON'T LAST FOR LONG!
mellow.gif

Instead I say this:

NINTENDO IS THE BEST BRAND OF CONSOLES EVER!!!
tongue.gif
Now, who's with me?
yaynds.gif
yaywii.gif
smileipb2.png

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
cris92x said:
By your standards the DS was outdated b4 it came out and so is the psp... and basically anything out right now is outdated .... you do realize graphics arent everything, hell the DS is the worlds top selling console and it is nowhere near amazing in terms of graphics or sound or anything else.
Give this guy some credits. He knows the PS3 is just so much better than Wii because of it's Computation Power, Operating System, Online Capabilities, Input Devices and Storage Capabilities.
Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy 13, Metal Gear Solid 4 just wouldn't be the same game on Wii.
smile.gif

As for the 3DS! I'm buying one day one because of Kid Icarus!
smile.gif
As for the rest of the games... WTF I don't need remakes of anything, give me NEW experiences instead of the same old again.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW experiences can come from the remake from the 3D.

Goten said:
QUOTE said:
anime4ever said:

Does not compute.
Computer says no...
rolleyes.gif

Anyway I would like to see how outdated the 3DS is already... Oh wait I know... It could be using solar energy instead of electricity...

For god's sake, until we don't get a Wii, Xbox or PS3 that can play 3D (even with glasses) I refuse to say this...

3DS WON'T LAST FOR LONG!
mellow.gif

Instead I say this:

NINTENDO IS THE BEST BRAND OF CONSOLES EVER!!!
tongue.gif
Now, who's with me?
yaynds.gif
yaywii.gif
smileipb2.png
Ps3 does 3D , but

I'm with u
yay3ds.png
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I mean if someone offered me billions for something lol