3DS: PPU Nintendo charges to UK stores is...

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
3ds20trade20price20head.jpg

QUOTE said:
Nintendo was a bit sneaky yesterday at the Nintendo 3DS event in Amsterdam. After announcing the March 25 release date for Europe, it cleverly dodged the RRP announcement by saying shops would decide the retail price, after buying in the stock from Nintendo for an already-agreed amount. But how much is that, exactly?

I got talking to a representative from one of the major supermarket brands in the UK, who told me that Nintendo is selling 3DS units to him at a base price of £173.

Don't think this means shops are being mean to you by charging up to £230 for it - everyone in business needs to make money somehow. But the fact is, anyone charging £230 at launch is taking a nice big 33 per cent mark-up, so you should indeed be able to pick one up for less. Somewhere.
Source

Yup that definitely explains the higher prices to us consumers that gotta pay or not pay ;P

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Nintendo don't have to announce it. I know I'll be stuck paying $400 because I was stupid enough to be born in Australia

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
on the 3 mayor stores in Canada it will be $250 CAD +tax, EBGames, FutureShop and BestBuy...!! so I guess the technology is american and that is why the higher price in Europe and Australia...!!

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
mercluke said:
Nintendo don't have to announce it. I know I'll be stuck paying $400 because I was stupid enough to be born in Australia

GAME has the 3DS priced at $400 and EB Games has it priced at $350 and that's just an estimated price. Why is Australia always bitched around?

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
gokujr1000 said:
mercluke said:

GAME has the 3DS priced at $400 and EB Games has it priced at $350 and that's just an estimated price. Why is Australia always bitched around?
Because they think we ride kangaroos around the place instead of cars, and think we're that stupid to give in to prices like these, bare in mind alot of people will...

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dont see what the problem is...
i dont think its over priced at all. its brand new technology and lets face it, its going to be the best console around for a long time, providing hours of fun.

in the UK, on UK online retailers the price varies dramatically,....one site is offering it for £214, with a free official carry case. Which is very good. Other sites are at £229.99.

I think the prices of the games is a joke, apparantly they'll be £49.99 each in the UK, seems very high to me.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe people buy games from dedicated game stores still. Not sure what its like abroad but here they always seem to cost more then online or from a supermarket.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Gaydrian said:
I can't believe people buy games from dedicated game stores still. Not sure what its like abroad but here they always seem to cost more then online or from a supermarket.

That's the same situation where I live. It's just the way the gaming-world works nowadays, every generation things just start to cost more...

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gaydrian said:
Cuz supermarkets have shitty games
And online usually requires a creditcard

D

Deleted User

Shucks to this. I'm gonna run to the nearest Nintendo Store and buy one for £173... if only it were that easy..

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
I got talking to a representative from one of the major supermarket brands in the UK, who told me that Nintendo is selling 3DS units to him at a base price of £173.

This seems legit, maybe even a little low. Traditionally retailers in the United States/Canada only get 6% to 10% of any hardware sale. (With 10% being the rare exception for HUGE retailers like Walmart who make massive, global purchase orders.)

Retailers usally make very little profit on video game hardware. They make most of their profits in software, which they get at a substantially lower cost than MSRP, especially if they buy in bulk. The more you buy, the less you pay. This is greatl for Wally World or Target. Then when it comes time to discount old software you can sell a $50 title for $5 and still make a profit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
    Veho @ Veho: Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint...