• Replies 168

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Parablank said:
JetKun said:
Well, Kaz and Sony have copied about 85% of all Nintendo technology throughout the years. I mean the 'Magic Wand' that looks like a dild* was a cheap direct ripoff of the Wii Remote - that failed miserably. If this is the end for portable gaming for Sony, great! Nintendo can go on without the constant fear of being copied.
Do your research before you run your mouth.

I detect a large amount of fanboyism in this thread. :/

As of September 2010, 60 million units were sold. YOU CALL THAT A FAILURE? Just because it's behind a company in terms of sales, doesn't mean it's a failure for the company itself.

Umm...that's one concept of the Move wand that I'll admit is unique. Other than that, it's pretty much the Wiimote.

And before you go flaming, the Wiimote is nothing like the tech in that video. The Wiimote needs no external camera. The Wiimote just tracks 4 little lights from the sensor bar.

D

Deleted User

OP
Sony will make a new PSP 3D... They already stole motion controls from the Wii... I expect this to happen.

Also Sony makes 3D Televisions so...why not.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
TehSkull said:
And before you go flaming, the Wiimote is nothing like the tech in that video. The Wiimote needs no external camera. The Wiimote just tracks 4 little lights from the sensor bar.
wiimote is the camera.
IR-only camera, that is.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
TehSkull said:
Parablank said:
JetKun said:
Well, Kaz and Sony have copied about 85% of all Nintendo technology throughout the years. I mean the 'Magic Wand' that looks like a dild* was a cheap direct ripoff of the Wii Remote - that failed miserably. If this is the end for portable gaming for Sony, great! Nintendo can go on without the constant fear of being copied.
Do your research before you run your mouth.

I detect a large amount of fanboyism in this thread. :/

As of September 2010, 60 million units were sold. YOU CALL THAT A FAILURE? Just because it's behind a company in terms of sales, doesn't mean it's a failure for the company itself.

Umm...that's one concept of the Move wand that I'll admit is unique. Other than that, it's pretty much the Wiimote.

Basically Nintendo pioneered the shit and Sony upgrades it. Credits still to Nintendo for actually thinking it up in the first place where Sony lacking creative input failed.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the PSP had more than 7 games worth buying, piracy wouldn't be an issue.
Look at Nintendo, even though piracy is rampant in the DS community, they still manage to make a good profit.

Personally, I feel that the 3DS will destroy the PSP2 (which we don't know anything about anyway), as now there's nothing that PSP can do that the 3DS can't unless they add another analog stick which isn't needed anyway.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arithmatics said:
Basically Nintendo pioneered the shit and Sony upgrades it. Credits still to Nintendo for actually thinking it up in the first place where Sony lacking creative input failed.
And if this never happens, we would never get anywhere.

Ideas get stolen all the time. What about the D-Pad? Every console uses it now, and no one fusses. Nintendo used to be the only one to use it, and now the other companies ADAPTED. That's how the evolution of gaming works. An idea comes out, it's worked on, perfected, stolen, perfected MORE, stolen again, until no one gives a shit. Soon, no one will care.

Now, take your fanboyism and shove it up your goddamn ass.

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
_Chaz_ said:
Look at Nintendo, even though piracy is rampant in the DS community, they still manage to make a good profit.

Personally, I feel that the 3DS will destroy the PSP2 (which we don't know anything about anyway), as now there's nothing that PSP can do that the 3DS can't unless they add another analog stick which isn't needed anyway.

Or start conquering the phone market with PSP goods enabled.

Sony Ericsson Zeus anyone??
zeus-z1-photo.jpg

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Arithmatics said:

Ideas get stolen all the time. What about the D-Pad? Every console uses it now, and no one fusses. Nintendo used to be the only one to use it, and now the other companies ADAPTED. That's how the evolution of gaming works. An idea comes out, it's worked on, perfected, stolen, perfected MORE, stolen again, until no one gives a shit. Soon, no one will care.

You're in a Nintendo 3DS thread defending Sony for stealing from Nintendo by saying that it's always happened.
If you see nothing wrong with that then you may be the bigger fanboy here.

EDIT:

Arithmatics said:
QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Dec 30 2010, 04:22 AM)

Or start conquering the phone market with PSP goods enabled.

Sony Ericsson Zeus anyone??
zeus-z1-photo.jpg
This may be Apple's biggest threat, but Nintendo doesn't do phones.

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
_Chaz_ said:
Slyakin said:
Arithmatics said:

You're in a Nintendo 3DS thread defending Sony for stealing from Nintendo by saying that it's always happened.
If you see nothing wrong with that then you may be the bigger fanboy here.

IMHO reading his post got me confused too. bipolar lol

EDIT: Fixing double post issue

QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Dec 30 2010, 05:27 AM)
This may be Apple's biggest threat, but Nintendo doesn't do phones.

I meant when the 3DS kicks the psp over the horizon. Sony might start conquering the phone market with these babies.
Nintendo is good where it stands. Has been since the first consoles were shipped.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's lots of stupidity in this topic.

First, Sony's Eye Toy wand is nothing more than a stick with a ball at the end of it. Its nothing like the Wii remote. People who compare that tech demo to the Wii are almost as dumb as the people who compare the Eye Toy to the Kinect.

Also, a little thing called Xavix.... They basically did Wii sports before there was a Wii sports. There were also plenty of arcade games that did the motion gaming thing before the PS2 was even on the market. (Sony has never had an original idea. Even the $600 price tag. SNK did that first. And over the years Nintendo has borrowed a lot of ideas from Atari.)

On to the Sony Ericsson Phone. Its going to bomb. Its going to fail even worse than the PSP:GO. And yes, it looks like Sony is on their way out of the portable market, but no one should be happy about their demise. The PSP is the only reason we have the DS. And the PSP is a big part of the reason why the DS is such a good system. Strong competition kept Nintendo sharp.

But the real threat to Sony is Apple. There are currently 3 players in the video game market. Apple wants in. The weakest link always breaks. And that's just the way it is....

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
SPH73 said:
There's lots of stupidity in this topic.

First, Sony's Eye Toy wand is nothing more than a stick with a ball at the end of it. Its nothing like the Wii remote. People who compare that tech demo to the Wii are almost as dumb as the people who compare the Eye Toy to the Kinect.

Also, a little thing called Xavix.... They basically did Wii sports before there was a Wii sports. There were also plenty of arcade games that did the motion gaming thing before the PS2 was even on the market. (Sony has never had an original idea. Even the $600 price tag. SNK did that first. And over the years Nintendo has borrowed a lot of ideas from Atari.)

On to the Sony Ericsson Phone. Its going to bomb. Its going to fail even worse than the PSP:GO. And yes, it looks like Sony is on their way out of the portable market, but no one should be happy about their demise. The PSP is the only reason we have the DS. And the PSP is a big part of the reason why the DS is such a good system. Strong competition kept Nintendo sharp.

But the real threat to Sony is Apple. There are currently 3 players in the video game market. Apple wants in. The weakest link always breaks. And that's just the way it is....
Well it just proves that Sony never had the creative input it needed to come up with original ideas.

Who do you think is the weakest link?

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
SPH73 said:
Arithmatics said:
Who do you think is the weakest link?

The company that lost 4.7 billion on their gaming division.

*its actually closer to 6 billion if you keep up with the financials.

Wow.

QUOTE(monkat @ Dec 30 2010, 06:10 AM)
This thread...

it still exists?

Why shouldn't it? its fundamental in discussing the pre-downfall of Sony.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arithmatics said:
all I see it is as people circle jerking each other over how great the 3DS is too a still unannounced PSP successor
along with a whole bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with the thread topic...

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Joe88 said:
Arithmatics said:
all I see it is as people circle jerking each other over how great the 3DS is too a still unannounced PSP successor
along with a whole bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with the thread topic...

Well when you put it that way. Its true. but then again the thread topic says that 3DS will spell the end of portable sony gaming. What has been discussed is how and when this is actually going to apply.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I hate to say it at this point I would say Sony is the weakest link...and its not even about their products which are on par with Microsoft, it their marketing...its a joke and they seem to be making one day decision after another......And yes I believe Nintendo is the strongest link as far as video games go...you can hate on their games....you can say they are too childish but you can'y deny their success

I probably sound like a fanboy but I own a ps1,2,3, xbox 360, Nintendo 64, gamecube, wii, psp, and every handheld nintendo has made since the gameboy pocket....I love all the companies equally
closedeyes.gif

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Fear Zoa said:
As much as I hate to say it at this point I would say Sony is the weakest link...and its not even about their products which are on par with Microsoft, it their marketing...its a joke and they seem to be making one day decision after another......And yes I believe Nintendo is the strongest link as far as video games go...you can hate on their games....you can say they are too childish but you can'y deny their success

I probably sound like a fanboy but I own a ps1,2,3, xbox 360, Nintendo 64, gamecube, wii, psp, and every handheld nintendo has made since the gameboy pocket....I love all the companies equally
closedeyes.gif

Lol retro consoles?. But to be honest. Sony games only go SO far. Even the xBox 360 is starting to get better graphics than Sony.
They should just stick to televisions and home appliances. [/fanboy]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU