Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
slyfirth said:
how do i get them hacks on the preloader 29
copy the hacks for your system menu version and region (found in my previous post) to a txt file. Then rename the txt file to hacks.ini

place it in the root and enable them with preloader.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updated to 4.1, then I installed preloader. I copy and pasted the 4.1U hacks and when I went into the preloader menu to set the hacks it gives me different errors:

QUOTE said:
(something cutoff at beginning) 138: expected 'offset' or 'value' before 'n' at line
QUOTE said:
Syntax error: expected EOF at line 1
Syntax error: expected EOF at line 10

MandM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ThaDraGun said:
Updated to 4.1, then I installed preloader. I copy and pasted the 4.1U hacks and when I went into the preloader menu to set the hacks it gives me different errors:

QUOTE said:
(something cutoff at beginning) 138: expected 'offset' or 'value' before 'n' at line
QUOTE said:
Syntax error: expected EOF at line 1
Syntax error: expected EOF at line 10

Too much spaces and maybe a unexpected character. Remove unnecessary chars, or do a copy and paste again from here

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
does the IOS reload patch works, I mean can you be on 4.1 as if you had CIOScopr installed..?? or what da f*** does that patch really does...??
huh.gif

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't seem to get the 4.1u hacks to work.i have tried to copy and paste prob about 15 times.it keeps sayings that hacks couldn't be found.my sd card works fne i was using it before with preloader and it worked fine.could someone post what they have for 4.1u hacks so i could try there's ? thanks

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
unsure.gif
I can't get disc autostart, autoboot disc, disc autostart if right if pressed or autoboot disc if right in gc controller 4th port is pressed.

Does it work for you guys?
US version btw

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
MandM said:
Can't play US GC games on my 4.1E PAL system anymore though. Also the foreign Wiiware/VC channels, don't work anymore. Even if I enabled "Region Free GC Games" and "ReEgion Free (SD) Channels".

Anyone got it to work?

i have the same problem,does any1 knows the asnwer ?

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As of 4.0, "region free video games" no longer patches the GC game's video mode for some reason. As for the "Region free (SD) Channels", not a clue. All of my non-PAL channels were regionfreed prior to installation.

raptor5001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I figured out a reason why some people are getting a error that says no hacks were found for your system menu version: you are not using a Windows operating system. Windows, Mac, and Linux all have their own separate way of representing new lines in a text file (in hexadecimal, windows: 0D0A, linux: 0A, mac: 0D). When Preloader is processing the text file, it is only looking for the Windows new lines. You can find a Windows-type hacks.ini for 4.1U here: http://www.mediafire.com/?irfyvu8jlha

For future reference, to convert a text file to the Windows type on Linux, do this (Debian, Ubuntu, and variants):
CODEsudo apt-get install tofrodos
unix2dos
Then will be ready for Windows (and preloader, lol). To reverse it, use the dos2unix command.

For Macs, idk. I don't use Macs haha. But you could probably find a text editor that supports changing the new line type.

Edit: Wow, just after posting this, look what I found on WiiBrew:
QUOTE said:
Wrong linebreaks

If you are using a Mac or Linux, you will probably have the wrong kind of linebreaks if you just copy this list into a hacks.ini. Preloader needs dos-type linebreaks, so you have to use a tool like unix2dos to change the linebreak format.

smokerdee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wen i click system menu hacks it says systemmenu hacks 449 were found no. it also does this with no sd card in slot. any ideas appriciated.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok - what am I missing ? (apart from a few brain cells for not being able to remember what I did last time).

I have upgraded to 4.1E fine but when I run the preloader boot.dol (through HBC) it just sits there with the warning about turning off the wii if you don't want to continue ?

The Wii has bootmii installed as well if that makes a difference.

smokerdee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AdamBrunt said:
Ok - what am I missing ? (apart from a few brain cells for not being able to remember what I did last time).

I have upgraded to 4.1E fine but when I run the preloader boot.dol (through HBC) it just sits there with the warning about turning off the wii if you don't want to continue ?

The Wii has bootmii installed as well if that makes a difference.
u have to press 1 at tht screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: