Not open for further replies.

Meercko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I recently set up emummc on my switch and alongside using atmosphere's dns.mitm function and incognito for extra safety, I wanted to set up 90DNS on my wifi profile just as an added precaution, but setting up the 90DNS server on my switch doesn't block any connection to nintendo servers and I was unable to figure out the reason why this happens (I can connect to eshop and go online with games even while the dns server is set up)

I tried this on my sysnand first to make connection attempts and see if it was working, this is not the first time changing my DNS settings doesn't go well, it happened on my Wii U as well while trying to block updates

I set my primary DNS to 163.172.141.219 and secondary to 207.246.121.077
(I live in Europe, Italy specifically)

Note: I know this is overkill with Incognito+Atmosphere dns.mitm already in place, but not being able to figure out the reason why 90DNS is not working I can't leave out the possibility that either one of the former could not work/stop working once I do go online with emummc, exposing me to bans

Additional info: I did run a 90DNS test on emummc through the homebrew app, it said all servers were blocked, however I was not connected to wifi during the test, I had only changed my wifi settings and was running incognito+dns.mitm at the time of the test, so I'm not sure on its reliability

Reactions: Shadow#1

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently set up emummc on my switch and alongside using atmosphere's dns.mitm function and incognito for extra safety, I wanted to set up 90DNS on my wifi profile just as an added precaution, but setting up the 90DNS server on my switch doesn't block any connection to nintendo servers and I was unable to figure out the reason why this happens (I can connect to eshop and go online with games even while the dns server is set up)

I tried this on my sysnand first to make connection attempts and see if it was working, this is not the first time changing my DNS settings doesn't go well, it happened on my Wii U as well while trying to block updates

I set my primary DNS to 163.172.141.219 and secondary to 207.246.121.077
(I live in Europe, Italy specifically)

Note: I know this is overkill with Incognito+Atmosphere dns.mitm already in place, but not being able to figure out the reason why 90DNS is not working I can't leave out the possibility that either one of the former could not work/stop working once I do go online with emummc, exposing me to bans

Additional info: I did run a 90DNS test on emummc through the homebrew app, it said all servers were blocked, however I was not connected to wifi during the test, I had only changed my wifi settings and was running incognito+dns.mitm at the time of the test, so I'm not sure on its reliability
Can we see a picture of the DNS settings you entered?

Meercko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can we see a picture of the DNS settings you entered?
Sure thing
Screenshot_2022-03-01_23-15-14.png

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try pinging those IP addresses. I noticed that "ping 207.246.121.077" won't work, but "ping 207.246.121.77" does.

Meercko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try pinging those IP addresses. I noticed that "ping 207.246.121.077" won't work, but "ping 207.246.121.77" does.
Yeah it's supposed to be .77 at the end but the switch won't allow for only two digits, so if I try to input "207.246.121.77" it automatically corrects it to "207.246.121.077", I'm a newbie with these things so I might be missing something

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't leave out the possibility that either one of the former could not work/stop working once I do go online with emummc, exposing me to bans
there is no possibility of incognito or exosphere failing, there is a chance 90dns could, and thats one reason to avoid using it, the other reason is that is throttles your connection which sucks for ftp, lanplay ect.

Meercko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
there is no possibility of incognito or exosphere failing, there is a chance 90dns could, and thats one reason to avoid using it, the other reason is that is throttles your connection which sucks for ftp, lanplay ect.
You are indeed correct, I guess I just want to figure how 90dns could possibly never work, I had this issue on my 3ds and my wii u when trying to block updates by changing dns, maybe it's something with my router settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1