Hardware A Docked game cart swapper/switcher

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like someone finally created one which is amazing since I’ve been wanting this forever! I just wish it didn’t have wires coming from every angle of the thing

Park Sung Switch Game Switcher, Switch Game Card Reader, 8-in-1 Game Cards Holder, Quick Switching Adapters for Switch/Switch OLED, No Setting Required (4 for Game+4 for Storage) https://a.co/d/iGD30bF

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty much lol

It would be much more useful if it didn’t require a physical button input on the dock to swap games

I feel like that almost defeats the point. They could have added IR or some other function for the price
Really good point. If you were keen enough, you could get something like a SwitchBot to push the button for you on command from your phone - would be basically doubling the price tho.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really good point. If you were keen enough, you could get something like a SwitchBot to push the button for you on command from your phone - would be basically doubling the price tho.
I have a bunch of esp32s laying around

I’m thinking I can probably just put that in place of the button easily enough. Plus with thr added benefit of being able to swap games with my Google home

Reactions: hippy dave

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pretty much lol

It would be much more useful if it didn’t require a physical button input on the dock to swap games

I feel like that almost defeats the point. They could have added IR or some other function for the price
Yep exactly the point I was gonna say. If you need to get up off the sofa to press the Switch you would be as well not getting this and just switching the game cart manually.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just feel it make people more lazy though, ain't that hard to switch a cartridge. I mean you can use that $40 to buy something else, instead of wasting on this.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Lol the switcher is obviously meant for user that buy physical cartridge, so nothing to do with piracy.
Ahh yes forget about that, so is also cheaper. But you can still buy cartridge games and use the "piracy" workarounds for things.

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool, this should make the cartridges last a bit longer, as you won't be putting them in and out of the console as often. I'm considering getting one, but I still need to do some more research, because apparently it has issues with some docks when the console is in sleep mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: so i can finally mod my new one