Hacking A friend of mine updated with a CIOS installed

MrBubbles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the situation:

He has CIOS5 installed and he had no issues running the Backup Loader .1.

He then updated his Wii but he can still install WADs.

From what he tells me he can't install a new custom IOS without deleting the old one, but if he deletes the old one, he can't do anything.

So he wants to get the new backup loader to work, how should he go about doing this?

I browsed around to see if anyone had a similar problem, I saw a thread but I think it got purged (I can't find it again, sorry!).

He went indepth himself, I'm posting on his behalf (he doesn't have an account)

QUOTE said:
"I upgraded my Wii to the new version that fixes the fakesign bugs because I jumped the gun when people said it didn't affect anything and having OCD even for lame updates.

I have the cIOS that was necessary to install the Backup Launcher v. 0.1 and I can still run backups on that, but when I try to install the new cIOS that comes with Backup Launcher v 0.3, it gets to the adding ticket thing and then after lots of text it says "failed" at the end.

If I try running a game through the Homebrew version of the Backup Loader I get an error message ERROR: SET and the text runs over itself and can't read the error"

MrBubbles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, we thought of that just now. We're going to get his down to 3.2. Thanks for the reassurance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==