A new update

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, sorry if this has been asked before, but I have an OG Switch with 17.0.1 OFW and then my Atmosphere version is 1.6.2. I used Hekate 6.0.7 as a payload. Is it safe to update the OFW to 18.0.1? Is there an update to Atmosphere and Hekate? I see the pre-release.

I am also curious on how to check if sigpatches are up-to-date or not.

Any help would be appreciated!

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is it safe to update the OFW to 18.0.1? Is there an update to Atmosphere and Hekate? I see the pre-release.
It is, as far as I'm aware of. At the very least, game backups work perfectly fine from what I can see.
If you have a custom theme installed, make sure to uninstall it (via NXThemesInstaller) before you proceed to update.
After that, update your Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches. Sigpatches also work retroactively, meaning that if you're on a lower versions of firmware and Atmosphere, it should still work properly.

Atmosphere 1.7.0 no longer supports ips kip patches (check the release notes here) which are usually used for piracy reasons. Therefore you can:
1) Load Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate's FSS0 - You'll need to reboot to Hekate, go to Launch and select emuNAND CFW or sysNAND CFW (depending on which one you use). If you've downloaded the sigpatches from here. your bootloader/hekate_ipl.bin will already have everything you need to have configured.
2) Use sys-patch instead of sigpatches.
3) Use modified Atmosphere's fusee.bin payload with ips kip patches support.

You can find firmware files on that certain site we aren't allowed to link to (that's what I usually do) or you can dump the latest firmware after you update your OFW. I personally like to keep my OFW firmware version the lowest possible just in case a future exploit is found and supports the firmware I have (unlikely to happen, but one can never know). Once you download the files, just extract them to the folder (e.g. firmware) on the root of your SD card, just to make it easier to be found once in Daybreak.

I am also curious on how to check if sigpatches are up-to-date or not.
First row in the sigpatches thread tells you for which firmware and Atmosphere version the latest sigpatches will work on (all previous versions included). Currently it says:

CURRENT BETA SIGPATCHES UPDATED FOR FW 18.0.1 AND ATMOSPHERE v1.7.0pre: Download Here

Last edited by Blythe93,

neko_koneko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is, as far as I'm aware of. At the very least, game backups work perfectly fine from what I can see.
If you have a custom theme installed, make sure to uninstall it (via NXThemesInstaller) before you proceed to update.
After that, update your Hekate, Atmosphere and sigpatches. Sigpatches also work retroactively, meaning that if you're on a lower versions of firmware and Atmosphere, it should still work properly.

Atmosphere 1.7.0 no longer supports ips kip patches (check the release notes here) which are usually used for piracy reasons. Therefore you can:
1) Load Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate's FSS0 - You'll need to reboot to Hekate, go to Launch and select emuNAND CFW or sysNAND CFW (depending on which one you use). If you've downloaded the sigpatches from here. your bootloader/hekate_ipl.bin will already have everything you need to have configured.
2) Use sys-patch instead of sigpatches.
3) Use modified Atmosphere's fusee.bin payload with ips kip patches support.

You can find firmware files on that certain site we aren't allowed to link to (that's what I usually do) or you can dump the latest firmware after you update your OFW. I personally like to keep my OFW firmware version the lowest possible just in case a future exploit is found and supports the firmware I have (unlikely to happen, but one can never know). Once you download the files, just extract them to the folder (e.g. firmware) on the root of your SD card, just to make it easier to be found once in Daybreak.

First row in the sigpatches thread tells you for which firmware and Atmosphere version the latest sigpatches will work on (all previous versions included). Currently it says:
Thanks for all of the information. So, I could see, after I attempt to launch CFW on my Switch, if my sigpatches need to be worked on or not? Are the Beta patches fine?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So, I could see, after I attempt to launch CFW on my Switch, if my sigpatches need to be worked on or not?
If the games you've installed work, sigpatches should be fine. Sometimes games can stop working after a firmware update despite having an adequate and up-to-date sigpatches, but from my personal experience it isn't that common. You can check this thread if you happen to run into an issue with a certain game not working.

You can install sys-patch module, as well as Tesla + nx-ovlloader. in order to see whether sys-patch and, by extension, sigpatches are working properly, after you press L + D-pad Down + R (Stick) combo, select sys-patch, followed by Log. If it says:
  1. Patched = the pattern it's searching for is already patched by sigpatches, so there's no need to patch it again;
  2. Patched = the pattern is patched by sys-patch (i.e. sigpatches are not present or haven't been applied on boot);
  3. Unpatched = the pattern wasn't found by sys-patch on the current system so there's no need to patch them (only present if you turn off the Version skip in the Options).
Having both sigpatches and sys-patch at the same time should cause no conflict at all, but it's recommended to stick to one that works for you in order to reduce the clutter on your SD card since they are doing the same thing.

Are the Beta patches fine?
Not sure why they are in beta to begin with, but the current ones are fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1