Hacking A NEW way to install homebrew on Wii!

antonkan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
comex made a new homebrew exploit for Wii. This new exploit will have a way to install homebrew though the Wii game called Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

YouTube said:
This exploit exploits a vulnerability in SSBB's stage builder code to run arbitrary homebrew code. Currently it will load an elf file from /boot.elf on the SD card.

This exploit differs from others in the fact that it is quite difficult for Nintendo to patch. There is no method on the Wii for patching games, and as this exploit does not go through the System Menu, it can not be patched by Nintendo at this time.

Join us in #usbgecko on EFNet (irc.efnet.net) to discuss! Release is when its done (aka: soon).

All you have to do to use this exploit is delete all custom stages on your Wii, then copy over the file. When you etner the Stage Builder menu, it will automatically run /boot.elf on SD.

What do you guys think?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that video's been floating around for a while. Seems like a good choice....a lot of Wii owners have Brawl, and to fix the exploit entirely new discs would have to be issued.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you pre-announcing that he is going to release it...?? cause it will be much more interesting to just create a thread when the exploit is already released, don't you think..??
huh.gif

antonkan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
Are you pre-announcing that he is going to release it...?? cause it will be much more interesting to just create a thread when the exploit is already released, don't you think..??
huh.gif

They WILL release this new exploit WHEN IT'S RELEASED. Don't ask for date when it will come!

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antonkan said:
ether2802 said:
huh.gif

They WILL release this new exploit WHEN IT'S RELEASED. Don't ask for date when it will come!

Were in his post did he ask for the release date??? He Didn't
And the expolit doesn't need to be released until the current one gets patched. Anyways this is extremely Old News.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
Why release it when we have a working exploit makes no sense

Well, this exploit would be useful for recovering from banner bricks on system menu 3.4+ without preloader.

You need to be able to start the system menu and get into data management to use bannerbomb.
But with this hack, you could autoboot a brawl disk with savemiifrii or startpatch then load anytitle deleter to delete the bad channel.

moviemadnessman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all for people making new exploits to install homebrew, just in case something were to happen to the other ways. However, I have 2 complaints about that video that was posted on the SSBB exploit...

1. Why does it take the person a minute to get to the stage builder? It was as if someone were playing for the first time.
2. Probably the more important point ... how come when the exploit runs (about 58 seconds in), the top still says "Twilight Hack".

I'm not one to judge, but I'm thinking this may not be an entirely legit video ... but that's just my opinion.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
moviemadnessman said:
I'm all for people making new exploits to install homebrew, just in case something were to happen to the other ways. However, I have 2 complaints about that video that was posted on the SSBB exploit...

1. Why does it take the person a minute to get to the stage builder? It was as if someone were playing for the first time.
2. Probably the more important point ... how come when the exploit runs (about 58 seconds in), the top still says "Twilight Hack".

I'm not one to judge, but I'm thinking this may not be an entirely legit video ... but that's just my opinion.

1. Dunno, maybe he's never played it?
2. He used the Twilight Hack source that Team Twizzers released a while back.

Well its by comex, who is well known in the Wii Scene for one thing. I tried an early build, but in my build all it did was crash and then make the Wii slot light flash a cool pattern
tongue.gif

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That person, Mrkinator, was me
biggrin.gif

1. I've played brawl. I just was demo-ing the menus, I think because I was nervous to wheither it would work or not (it hadn't the try before).
2. Yes, he used teh Twilight Hack source for the elf loader.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
icefireicefire said:
That person, Mrkinator, was me
biggrin.gif

1. I've played brawl. I just was demo-ing the menus, I think because I was nervous to wheither it would work or not (it hadn't the try before).
2. Yes, he used teh Twilight Hack source for the elf loader.

Hah, I didn't actually click the video to be honest
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, mine is instrumental too